Leelee Sobieski attended the Chanel Artist Dinner during the 2012 Tribeca Film Festival last night, held at The Odeon in New York City.

The actress, who we’ve seen more on the red carpet in the last week than we have the whole of 2011, wore a Chanel Spring 2012 dress.

Her light pink fitted dress with a high collar, outer pocket and pearl-accented waist was teamed with a gorgeous pair of blue statement earrings.

A chic updo, a dark pink lip colour and tri-colour Chanel sandals with an interesting shaped heel completed her look.

Credit: Style.com, FameFlynet & Getty

Rihanna In Marchesa - Time 100 Gala

Rihanna In Marchesa – Time 100 Gala

Claire Danes In Lanvin - Time 100 Gala

Claire Danes In Lanvin – Time 100 Gala

28 Responses to Leelee Sobieski In Chanel – 7th Annual Chanel Tribeca Film Festival Artists Dinner

1. Alannah April 25, 2012 at 10:14 #

wow. i LOVE this look. her face & presence is just soooo enchanting.

2. Mary April 25, 2012 at 10:22 #

Well, this i do like! The heel reminds me more of corals than tree branch, but i like it either way.

3. Mary April 25, 2012 at 10:28 #

Well, this i do like! The heel reminds me more of corals than of tree branch, but i like it either way :)

4. firien April 25, 2012 at 10:30 #

She’s a bit grandma-like (except for the shoes).

5. Nat April 25, 2012 at 10:49 #

Considering some of the tragic Chanel outfits we have seen recently, I think this is pretty good.
    Probably the dress would have been more appropriate for someone a bit more mature, though.

• Beta April 26, 2012 at 10:22 #

this is the first chanel I like in a loooong time :)

6. Valeria April 25, 2012 at 11:11 #

Very matronly, very 80s not in a good way

7. bee7 April 25, 2012 at 11:28 #

love it. there’s something about her. very intriguing

8. Carolina April 25, 2012 at 11:58 #

I think the retro styling is perfect for her. The heel is unexpected and fun but I’m not sure I’m a fan – it takes a lot away from the overall look.

• gurlygurl April 25, 2012 at 14:02 #

Agreed! I love everything but the shoes (wonderful as they are!) don’t do that much for this look. The black ankle strap is particularly jarring front on. She does however look wonderful! As someone else said she’s “intriguing”. I would like to see her smile every now and then though :) love those earrings too!!

9. roxy April 25, 2012 at 12:12 #

She always looks like she could be a Jill Sander brand ambassador

10. pipsqueak April 25, 2012 at 13:15 #

I love the look! Love those shoes better the ones on the model. Leelee is a French fashion girl and a Celine kind of woman. She’s definitely a new red carpet fave on my list.

11. TeaAtTwo April 25, 2012 at 13:53 #

Is she going to be this year Kirsten Dunst? I really like this look and she it feels different to usual volume looks.

12. Melanie April 25, 2012 at 13:56 #

BDOTW contender!

• Rebecca Z April 25, 2012 at 15:07 #

Agree. I love this look. Classy, edgy and a fabulous fit on her. She looks unique and striking.

• Riley April 25, 2012 at 15:46 #

I agree with both of you and roxy and pipsqueak.

Leelee is not a typical Chanel girl, so when she does wear the brand, she will make it suit her style.

Jil Sander should be calling her right now.

• CreoleLady April 25, 2012 at 15:50 #

+1.

13. Emi April 25, 2012 at 14:49 #

So chic!

14. Christine April 25, 2012 at 15:12 #

She looks stunning from head to toe. I am impressed by her recent style choices lately :)

15. dsp2118 April 25, 2012 at 15:57 #

I love love love this look – austere but still feminine, and the shoes are so intriguing! Agreed that it’s a worthy BDOTW contender.

16. bm April 25, 2012 at 16:20 #

After maybe become the only one who hated her look last week(Jill Sander’s look), i found myself really LOVED this look. This is chic , wearable dress for everyone.
    Plus, i want every single thing in this look.

17. Yeliz April 25, 2012 at 18:37 #

She looks gorgeous. It’s my second favorite look from her appearances lately, the first one is her Maki Oh dress.

18. Sean Garrette April 25, 2012 at 20:04 #

I loveeeee this look! It’s fresh, perfect spring light look. Leelee is quickly becoming one of my personal style icons. She really loves fashion and she isn’t afraid to try new daring looks. I think the people who say this is a “matronly” look are probably people who only care to see the same chiffon, dull, sparkly dresses. She completly stand out wearing a pale pink nude Chanel look. She bring presence to ever look she wears. Absolutely in loveee with this look!

19. NooG April 25, 2012 at 21:40 #

I’m developing a girl crush on her. :)

20. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2012 at 23:57 #

I don’t like the heels of the shoes but that’s it–she is very elegant and is really quite memorable. The suit feels straight out of the late 1950s/early 1960s to me, which is awesome! She is really gorgeous, too.

21. Incroyable April 26, 2012 at 02:24 #

I love this look! And I am LOVING Leelee right now!

22. Holly April 26, 2012 at 03:42 #

I have a feeling I’m in the minority, but I feel like Leelee doesn’t have the presence to pull off this sort of modern-chic look. That’s how I feel about most things she wears. Something always feels off, and most of the time I think it’s her makeup or hair, but I think really it’s the fact that she never looks happy or relaxed or pleased to be anywhere and that’s a major factor in how you wear clothes – especially fabulous, interesting clothes like many of the looks she’s worn lately.

All that said, I adore the quirky shoes and wish I could see them on someone who will do them justice.

23. alliehstyle April 26, 2012 at 07:24 #

She is always impeccable. Chic, bold, not too actressy, fashion forward without being annoying. She is becoming my red carpet fave. Is she promoting something?