07.03.12

Paco Rabanne Fall 2012

In his second season as creative director at Paco Rabanne, Manish Arora went back into the archives for inspiration for this Fall 2012 collection.

He presented an array of the founder’s signature drop-waist cocktail dresses, pant suits, jumpsuits with keyhole details and low-slung pants alongside sweaters, cardigans and oversized coats.

The mini metallic dress, designed in 1969 and worn by Brigitte Bardot and shot by David Bailey, was re-edited, along with a number of new variations.

In the midst of all the gold, silver, chainmail and discs which are house signatures, we also saw some electric blue, black, leather and pony skin.

Key accessories included ankle boots with gold heels, t-bar sandals and the iconic ‘le 69’ bag, which was re-edited.

Lady Gaga was the first to wear the Spring 2012 collection, followed by Nicole Richie.

I hope to see more of this wearable collection on the red carpet.

Front Row: Daphne Guinness and Anna Dello Russo

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Katy Perry, Anna Paquin, Rihanna, Ciara, Nicki Minaj, Jessie J, Kylie Minogue and Fergie

Credit: Style.com

Which Was Your Favourite Jessica Chastain 2012 Awards Season Look?

Which Was Your Favourite Jessica Chastain 2012 Awards Season Look?

Katy Perry's Yves Saint Laurent Jacquard Dress

Katy Perry’s Yves Saint Laurent Jacquard Dress

6 Responses to Paco Rabanne Fall 2012

1. A. March 7, 2012 at 09:45 #

Manish Arora’s so awesome. very futuristic. so amazing.

2. wilwarin March 7, 2012 at 11:08 #

i love this collection… it’s bling bling but not too much…my favourite is definitely this dress

perfection the colours and everything…

3. strandofsilk March 7, 2012 at 12:54 #

Glittering and glamorous collection! Very nice dresses!

4. CTgirl March 7, 2012 at 18:05 #

I really like this collection but I must say, it is a little reminiscent of the Gucci collection. Less embellished than Gucci but it is reminiscent.

5. EmmaWoodhouse March 7, 2012 at 20:58 #

I’m afraid I don’t really like it. The Rabanne aesthetic has always been too edgy and futuristic for me.

6. bianca March 10, 2012 at 22:45 #

I would like to see the first look on Diane Kruger (the one with the electric blue skirt) the second on Tilda Swinton, the third on Rihanna and the last one on Nicki Minaj.And now I see that you’ve already mentioned Rihanna and Nicki Minaj as some of the stars who would wear this collection:)