27.02.12

Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – 2012 Oscars

‘Best Actress’ nominee Michelle Williams surprised us all by wearing one of the most vibrant colours on the red carpet at the 2012 Oscars, held in LA this evening.

While her Louis Vuitton dress looked red on screen, it looks coral in these pictures and Louis Vuitton is calling it burnt orange.

Between the ruched bustline and peplum skirt, I love the 1950’s prom vibe this dress gives off.

The modern meets retro look is perfect for Michelle, especially as she is nominated for her role as the iconic Marilyn Monroe.

A bright red lippie, a Bottega Veneta blush crocodile knot clutch and Forever Mark jewels complete the look.

Many of you have struggled with Michelle all season; so do you like this look?

Credit: Getty

Viola Davis In Vera Wang - 2012 Oscars

Viola Davis In Vera Wang – 2012 Oscars

Glenn Close In Zac Posen - 2012 Oscars

Glenn Close In Zac Posen – 2012 Oscars

46 Responses to Michelle Williams In Louis Vuitton – 2012 Oscars

1. pipsqueak February 27, 2012 at 01:36 #

I’ve seen all the looks on TV. This is my No. 1 best dressed on the red carpet!!! Absolutely beautiful on live TV.

2. Shaina February 27, 2012 at 01:36 #

I am in love with this gown on Michelle! She was my best dressed. She looked outstanding!

3. Marlie February 27, 2012 at 01:37 #

Wow stunning. Absolutely love this dress. One of the best dressed of the night

4. Iris February 27, 2012 at 01:38 #

She looks beautiful, my only wishes would have been some earings, a warmer hair colour and some more effort with her hair styling.

5. Ashley_camryn February 27, 2012 at 01:38 #

I love this gown on her! I especially love the color and that it was a unique choice among a sea of other beautiful Oscar gowns. Keep the red carpet pics coming!

6. Ramsay February 27, 2012 at 01:39 #

Love it – make up with the rose li

7. Ramsay February 27, 2012 at 01:41 #

Love it – make up with the rose lips is great – blond hair too- pink clutch completes the look perfectly – will be in my top 5 after Gwyneth, Natalie, Jessica and Rooney

8. Katey February 27, 2012 at 01:42 #

I like it, but It’s not my favourite.
    I don’t like her pale pink clutch with this dress and I would prefer some other necklace than this one.

9. Raquel February 27, 2012 at 01:43 #

Stunning dress, but the necklace ruins the look for me. Ditto for the pink lipstick.

10. robbie February 27, 2012 at 01:44 #

LOVE!

11. Jones19 February 27, 2012 at 01:48 #

I think she may be my best dressed tonight. LOVE everything about this look. From the many pictures I’ve seen it looks reddish orange so Burnt Orange sounds about right. LOVVEE

12. Snowlion February 27, 2012 at 01:48 #

Beautiful. Nice to see her looking like an adult again.

13. Tiger Nueng February 27, 2012 at 01:50 #

One of the best dressed of tonight!

14. Mol February 27, 2012 at 01:56 #

Keeps her ‘sweetheart’ look intact but adds on a gorg gorg color, perfect fit and all the right details (pink clutch, great makeup) – the result, a winning look that retains all the elements of Michelle’s personality…..

15. MG February 27, 2012 at 01:59 #

love the gown. hate the clutch and necklace

16. Hannah February 27, 2012 at 02:01 #

I love the gown, but that’s really all. I know I’m overwhelmingly analytical, but I don’t like the clashing lipstick & clutch, and the brooch makes it too young. Ifeel like she really casualised a look which could have been amazing.
    The hair also really doesn’t work for me here. I wish that this had been made as glamorous as her Vera Wang a few years ago, becasue this looks Goldne Globes awards, but not oscars.

• gurlygurl February 27, 2012 at 03:21 #

I have to agree. I have to say I’m also not a fan of that necklace. The gown itself is very dramatic. I would have opted for a beautiful earring and kept everything else simple. The barbie pink does not work either. I love the dress and that color is divine, it should have been sexy and sassy instead it’s cutesy.

• Kyriaki-Cyprus February 27, 2012 at 10:46 #

Couldn’t have said it better myself! My thoughts exactly! Especially about the necklace. Most definitely, she should have chosen earrings.

• Kennedy February 27, 2012 at 06:10 #

I don’t think you are overwhelmingly analytical- just smart ;)I have to agree with your critiques… I do like this gown but as you mentioned, there is a lot going on. But I do think this is a huge step up from her Golden Globes dress. I am kind of bummed that it is similar in color to her SAG Awards dress. I guess I should be happy that she picked something other than a neutral color though, right?! ;)

Her Vera Wang look was so so so breathtaking. Her stylist and I really need to chat.

17. Kim February 27, 2012 at 02:02 #

Best dressed

18. Eulalia February 27, 2012 at 02:06 #

stunning! I love this shade of red and the fact that she added pink clutch and it looked even better on tv and the broach gives this extra sparkle…

19. Jen February 27, 2012 at 02:27 #

Fantastic. I hoped to see her wear a bright color tonight, and she didn’t let me down.

20. Ava February 27, 2012 at 02:43 #

Love! Love! Love! Love! I think she looks stunning and although there are many other best dressed of the night contenders.. I think Michelle clinches it.

21. Laura February 27, 2012 at 03:07 #

So pretty! Love her.

22. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) February 27, 2012 at 03:12 #

Wonderful night for Michelle. She’s wearing this with ease and elegance. Her makeup is radiant yet natural.

23. EmmaWoodhouse February 27, 2012 at 03:26 #

I do love the color but the peplum and rhinestone bow are too cutesy for me. Also, I don’t like her pink clutch. Her SAG look was better in my opinion but this is still a good look.

24. bm February 27, 2012 at 04:05 #

I love it, now this is more like it.

25. Emerico February 27, 2012 at 04:07 #

Such a sweet, talented, classy woman. I know some people feel her style is too child-like and demure, but I’m just happy that they are a few women out there who have great bodies but still understand that less is more and that a woman can be desirable even without the hair extensions and the cleavage and the thigh-high slits.

Especially now that I have a daughter, I am acutely aware of how few good role models Hollywood has for young girls, and Michelle is one of the few. Everything from her conduct to her dress sense, I would be happy for my daughter to be inspired by.

26. noo February 27, 2012 at 04:08 #

the color of this dress is magnificent and i love the brooch at the waist. i especially loved the way every ruffle on the dress moves, a knock out dress imo.

• ladyoflettuce February 27, 2012 at 04:41 #

agree. only thing is the hair is overbleached.

27. Saree February 27, 2012 at 04:58 #

Something new and exciting from her – let’s just hope she ditches the hipster-wannabe looks in the future from now on!

28. glenn February 27, 2012 at 05:10 #

my best dress of the oscars, she looks stunning!

29. vicky February 27, 2012 at 05:59 #

FINALLY! I’ve been dying to see Michelle back in something colorful!
    Thank you!!

30. Emma R. Stevens February 27, 2012 at 06:02 #

Best dressed on the red carpet. Michelle, you are so modern and beauty. Big shame, you didnt won the Oscar for My Week with Marilyn…When my husband and I see you in real life, we always think about the smash hit: “When you(are)in love with a beautiful woman” and Dr. Hook. Classy!

31. Andreea February 27, 2012 at 08:26 #

Finally ! The color of the dress fits her perfectly and she looks so adorable !

32. D February 27, 2012 at 09:04 #

so adorable!! :) go michelle

33. D February 27, 2012 at 09:04 #

she always has good makeups :)

34. Fiona-Brasil February 27, 2012 at 09:29 #

Perfection, the dress, the accessories, big winner in the fashion department…

35. Slash February 27, 2012 at 11:20 #

Normally, for someone who played MM, I would have expect a lot more, but for her this is a huge step up. I mean-the colur, no sleeves and no matronal look. Thumbs up.

36. Carolina Roq February 27, 2012 at 14:09 #

Very boring and sexyless.

37. Ancika February 27, 2012 at 14:11 #

I LOVE this look!!! She is my best dressed in the Oscars!

38. SandTony February 27, 2012 at 14:17 #

I hate it, totally boring once again

39. Nat February 27, 2012 at 14:44 #

I’m totally in love with this! I was sure she wasn’t going to wear black and/or white! :-D
    This is a great look for her: elegant, classy, suited to her style and personality.
    The only thing I’m not too keen of is the pink lippy and pink clutch, but that’s a minor thing.
    BDOTW!

40. Camille February 27, 2012 at 15:14 #

Absolutely one of my best dressed of the evening. Gorgeous coral color, fit is divine and she finally looked like a grown woman and not a 10 year old girl. FC do you have any pics of the back? It almost looked like the back of the bodice was nude or sheer, which would make it even a little edgier for Michelle. Loved the flowy ruffles that adorned the gown all the way to the hem. The addition of that soft texture just puts this gown over the top for design genius. I guess I’m in the minority, but I loved the jewelry and hair & makeup.

41. andrea February 27, 2012 at 21:46 #

She could have done waaaaaay better, I don’t like it one bit.

42. Alina February 28, 2012 at 13:52 #

I like it, but I don’t love it.