06.02.12

Nicki Minaj & M.I.A In Fausto Puglisi – Super Bowl XLVI Half-Time Show

Nicki Minaj and M.I.A joined Madonna on stage to perform ‘Give Me All Your Luvin’, during the Super Bowl XLVI half-time Show at Lucas Oil Stadium in Indianapolis, Indiana last night.

The rappers complemented Madonna’s Givenchy Couture look by wearing colour-block studded dresses with their initials emblazoned on the front, which was created by Italian designer Fausto Puglisi.

Nicki, who was sporting a white wig, wore custom knee-high black and gold Giuseppe Zanotti boots, fishnet tights, a gold choker and spiral cuffs, whilst M.I.A’s look was just as sexed up with a studded leather harness, fishnet tights and thigh-high black suede boots.

Both ladies wore beautiful Egyptian-style Erickson Beamon headpieces.

M.I.A. caused a bit of a stir by flipping the bird during her verse, but it wasn’t that shocking when you compare it to Janet Jackson’s wardrobe malfunction.

Credit: Getty

Kate Beckinsale's Givenchy Nightingale Smooth Top Handle Bag

Kate Beckinsale’s Givenchy Nightingale Smooth Top Handle Bag

Shailene Woodley In 3.1 Phillip Lim – 27th Annual Santa Barbara Film Festival

Shailene Woodley In 3.1 Phillip Lim – 27th Annual Santa Barbara Film Festival

18 Responses to Nicki Minaj & M.I.A In Fausto Puglisi – Super Bowl XLVI Half-Time Show

1. Terry February 6, 2012 at 16:11 #

Both of them rocked! I like their Versace-inspired outfits.

2. Rebecca Z February 6, 2012 at 16:24 #

They look adorable and they added to the whole extravaganza, but the third finger salute was tasteless–who do that? It doesn’t offend me except that it was just so stupid.

3. CTgirl February 6, 2012 at 17:16 #

They look like gladiators that got lost in Egypt. And why does M.I.A. have to put a giant M over her lulu? These aren’t good looks.

4. EmmaWoodhouse February 6, 2012 at 18:00 #

Giving the finger? SERIOUSLY? No class.
    Theire outfits are awful as well–tacky cheerleader.

5. Linda February 6, 2012 at 19:07 #

Giving the middle finger during the Superbowl halftime show? Pathetic attempt to be noticed and to stay in the spotlight. No respect or dignity in that type of behaviour.
    Can’t comment on the outfits except to say they’re standard fair for these type of performers. We’ve seen it all before. There truly is nothing new under the sun when it comes to pop performers.

6. Pati February 6, 2012 at 20:12 #

Nicky´s sneakers are custom Giuseppe Zanottis :o)

• Fashion Critic February 6, 2012 at 21:26 #

7. Ade February 6, 2012 at 20:30 #

They are looked amazing. The performance is alright, and M.I.A was just being M.I.A, she simply isn’t ready for mainstream

• Amanda February 7, 2012 at 00:02 #

EXACTLY!! She is MIA! Who loses sleep over a middle finger???! Making a big deal out of it is a mis-step!

• Terry February 7, 2012 at 00:04 #

M.I.A. accepted to work with Madonna for many different reasons, but also because I think she wanted to gain more popularity by taking part into such an important event. At the same time, I don’t think she’s really interested in becoming a mainstream singer. I guess her attitude towards fame is quite complex.

8. Bec February 6, 2012 at 21:37 #

Am I the only one who feels like Nicky and MIA just try wayyyy too hard? I can’t warm to either of them.

9. Loulou February 6, 2012 at 22:31 #

Except I don’t think Janets was intentional

• Slc February 7, 2012 at 00:40 #

Hahahahahaha I can’t tell if this is sarcasm or not. Who would wear a star-studded nipple ring underneath what is already a tight leather outfit. OH, someone wanting to cause controversy.

MIA is just MIA – she’s not trying hard, she is just being herself. Love her or hate her for it really. And that’s the thing, she doesn’t want to be mainstream, if it happens, it happens, but she’ll never try so hard to become it. Sure she probably did it to make people talk – that’s not really becoming mainstream so much. There could be more to it, the US Govt. haven’t really treated her the best and the Superbowl is a US tradition.

If she really wanted to be mainstream, you would have heard more of her since Paper Planes, but instead she took a direction on her last album that even some fans were disappointed.

FYI – I liked the outfits and MIA’s headpiece.

10. robbie February 6, 2012 at 23:05 #

first thing that came too mind seeing that picture cinderella and the 2 ugly sisters. those are 2 hideous outfits. nicki is actually really pretty but she tends to make herself look ugly and trashy.

• Linda February 7, 2012 at 14:50 #

Ha ha, just the way Cinderella planned it… :)

11. Jess February 6, 2012 at 23:36 #

M.I.A looked hot in those boots. I loved the whole Egyptian theme the performance had

12. mandy February 7, 2012 at 03:34 #

I must prefer M.I.A and Nicki’s outfit compared to Madonna’s.

13. Clover February 7, 2012 at 04:56 #

MIA looked sensational. I love the headpiece against her dark blunt bob.