[glam_ad size="push"]
[glam_ad size="med"]
Menu

18.01.12

Charlie Theron In Christian Dior – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Charlize Theron was my best dressed at the 2012 Golden Globe Awards.

After an impressive run-up to this event, she blew me away in this Christian Dior Couture gown.

The dusty rose silk-chiffon gown has a lot going on with the sexy thigh-high, the draped detail on the hip and the train, but Charlize pulls it off with relative ease.

I love the uber-girlie styling with the glitter headband and side-swept bun.

A matching pink clutch, white Givenchy ankle sandals and Cartier jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

Dianna Agron In Giles - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Dianna Agron In Giles – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Shailene Woodley In Marchesa - 2012 Golden Globe Awards

Shailene Woodley In Marchesa – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

23 Responses to Charlie Theron In Christian Dior – 2012 Golden Globe Awards

1. Franki January 19, 2012 at 20:26 #

Love this, it’s so pretty and feminine. Out of interest, does anyone know if this gown was shown in Dior catwalk show? I’ve been looking through the past few Couture shows and I can’t find it…

2. Parvati January 19, 2012 at 03:13 #

She looks gorgeous, as always. She is one of the few stars whose style I almost always love and I love this look, as well.

3. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2012 at 22:20 #

I’m in the minority that can’t get on board this look. She doesn’t look bad but she doesn’t look good. The headband feels at odds with the dress. Though she has an amazing I figure don’t like the plunge and the slit. Also, normally I’m a fan of weird hip appendages but I don’t the detail here.

• EmmaWoodhouse January 19, 2012 at 20:39 #

You’re not alone! I am in complete agreement. The plunge and slit were way too much and the hip detail is bulky. I didn’t like this.

4. Kyriaki-Cyprus January 18, 2012 at 22:14 #

Boring colour!

5. What Is The New Black January 18, 2012 at 21:12 #

I love love love this dress, but there were sooo many well dressed people at this year’s Golden Globes that it actually didn’t make my top 10 list. But she looked lovely, love the headband too!

6. Natalie January 18, 2012 at 20:19 #

After all her amazing looks leading up to this, I think it’s a complete let down. No way is this best dressed of the night. Pass it to Rachel Evan Wood or Kate Beckinsale even!

7. Alina January 18, 2012 at 18:55 #

FLAWLESS ! My BDOTY contender from this event. LOOOVE IT!

8. vicky January 18, 2012 at 18:49 #

This is a nice, soft look. However there’s something that’s off for me. I think it’s the nude lipstick. Everything is too one-toned.

Just like Kate Beckinsale and Mila Kunis, it’s lovely, no major fault but next to some of the other ladies this is kind of safe and boring.

9. Kathryn January 18, 2012 at 18:25 #

Charlize is KILLIN’ it!! Everything is perfection but I love love this soft romantic hair with such a feminine dress.

10. Holly January 18, 2012 at 18:20 #

I don’t know if it’s the colour or the bow looking like its just part of her dress caught in the waistband or whether I’m not keen on a plunging neckline and a high split together, but I don’t like it at all.
    Her hair and makeup are lovely however,

11. Zach January 18, 2012 at 18:11 #

Hey FC, I’m having a lot of trouble being able to view your posts. I am unable to view any posts from the 17th, among others, and also I could only find Ms. Theron’s gown (which, ironically was my favourite from of the evening) by using tags. Just thought I’d let you know in case others are having similar problems. Thanks.

12. gabis January 18, 2012 at 18:01 #

Stunning. I guess by this we can tell who’s Dior’s real star…

13. Rebecca Z January 18, 2012 at 18:00 #

Not my favorite look from Charlize, butshe still looks better than lots of others.

14. fashion~lover January 18, 2012 at 17:27 #

She looks divine. The best dressed of the night!!

15. Jess2 January 18, 2012 at 17:19 #

Not completely sure about the draped detail but this look is amazing. She is pure elegance.

16. Vicky January 18, 2012 at 17:12 #

This is the first picture I’ve seen of her in this dress, at this angle. A lot of other websites have chosen pictures that show the dress on her left side, so it appears that the front of the gown is completely open and not just a slit. I like the dress a lot more now.

17. Kathryn January 18, 2012 at 17:11 #

Charlize is KILLIN’ it! She knows how to work a look from head to toe. Everything the hair, the dress is perfection!

18. Hannah January 18, 2012 at 17:11 #

She was stunning, I am always impressed by her awards season style, because few people do casual, cocktail & gowns like she does. Stunning, I hope we see her at more awards shows.

19. fromchi-town January 18, 2012 at 16:52 #

She looked flawless on TV and also in pictures. THis is girly, sexy, sophisticated and elegant all rolled into one look. She was my absolute favorite.

20. Nat39 January 18, 2012 at 16:08 #

This is a lovely very well executed look, and she carries it with ease but it makes her look (her makeup in particular) a bit too pale, washed out and tired. The bow detail at her hip feels a bit awkward and bulky. But it`s a very nice look overall.

• Naomi January 18, 2012 at 16:27 #

I agree that the bow is too much, and she really needed some pop of color on her face, but other than that – a great look.

21. noo January 18, 2012 at 16:02 #

i feel like this is how to work a red carpet. the styling is flawless and the dress is heavenly.