Paloma Faith In Alex Noble – Cirque Du Soleil: Totem Opening Night

Paloma Faith has never been shy on the red carpet. She proved that when she attended the ‘Cirque Du Soleil: Totem’ opening night at the Royal Albert Hall in London yesterday.

The singer donned a head-turning strapless mermaid gown by Alex Noble who was no doubt inspired by a Totem pole when creating this piece.

This colourful themed frock was teamed with electric-blue velvet gloves and a stack of bangles.

Whilst the dress is nothing I wouldn’t expect from Paloma, the bright pink face paint is shocking to say the least.

I’m not quite sure where she was going there, but she would’ve most definitely stood out at this event.

Credit: Style.com & Alex Noble blog

Andrea Riseborough's Oscar de la Renta Floral Cotton-Blend Organza Dress

Andrea Riseborough’s Oscar de la Renta Floral Cotton-Blend Organza Dress

Emmy Rossum In Ralph Lauren - 'Shameless' Season 2 Premiere

Emmy Rossum In Ralph Lauren – ‘Shameless’ Season 2 Premiere

10 Responses to Paloma Faith In Alex Noble – Cirque Du Soleil: Totem Opening Night

1. Lena January 6, 2012 at 09:52 #

I actually love the dress! and if she lost the gloves I think I could also digg the face paint :p to some level. Props to her for courage! lol

2. The Very Simon G January 6, 2012 at 09:52 #

I love her. She owns this dress, and not the other way round, which is the most important thing! She can wear what she likes and always looks amaze!

3. Ade January 6, 2012 at 10:04 #

Well she is at a Cirque Du Soleil event so I guess it’s fitting she looks like an extra in one of the shows

4. Giuseppi Giraffe January 6, 2012 at 11:13 #

Maybe we could just call this “event appropriate?”
    I don’t know- I can barely see the dress past her crazy hair and makeup. Meh.

This actually is kind of flat to me- just one more celeb girl trying to stand out or something.

• Alina January 6, 2012 at 15:34 #

I agree with you, Giuseppi.

5. AW January 6, 2012 at 15:13 #

No. I don’t care what event it is. Just no. Not flattering or sexy or artistic. It looks like what I made in 8th grade home economics. No.

6. Ally January 6, 2012 at 15:42 #

At first glance I thought she was wearing some wacky headgear that made it look like green arms were coming out of the sides of her head… oops.

7. Jess2 January 6, 2012 at 16:21 #

What on earth is this? Ok sure I appreciate the dress, it is pretty awesome even though it isn’t my taste but with everything else it just looks ridiculous. You can still rock a ‘crazy’ outfit and be fashion forward. The face paint, the hair, the gloves and the bangles all together is just too much. bad bad bad

8. Nat39 January 6, 2012 at 18:48 #

She fits perfectly into the background pic. – looks like this colourful mermaid just stepped out of the pond.

9. Bryon June 5, 2012 at 18:22 #

Honestly, I think the sketch is better than the actual dress.