Menu

April 3, 2020

Mindy Kaling’s Colourful Quarantine Style

Mindy Kaling's Colourful Quarantine Style

Friday, 20 March was the officially the first day of Spring, and judging by Mindy Kaling latest outfit, she was at home celebrating in style.

‘The Morning Show’ actress’ red carpet style has never been void of colour; she embraces it like no other, and this look is a glowing example.

She captioned her Instagram post: “Quarantine style: spring colors edition.”

But did she perhaps do a little too much here?

Let’s break it down.

The Tory Burch knit featuring printed collar paired with the red A.L.C. skirt work beautifully together.

I also love the energy her Christian Louboutin ‘Technicatina’ red and pink peep-toes bring to the look.

But when it comes to her Kotur clutch, it’s so beautiful, and hypnotic, that I feel like it might be overpowering the rest of the look, which is some feat considering how bold it is.

What are your thoughts?

Credit: Instagram

, , ,

Aishwarya Rai's Cannes Film Festival Top 10 Red Carpet Moments Since 2010

Aishwarya Rai’s Cannes Film Festival Top 10 Red Carpet Moments Since 2010

Marion Cotillard For Vogue Paris April 2020

Marion Cotillard For Vogue Paris April 2020

9 Responses to Mindy Kaling’s Colourful Quarantine Style

1. Catarina_M April 6, 2020 at 4:06 pm #

Love the clutch.

2. Sharon M April 4, 2020 at 11:28 am #

I love Mindy, but I hate this outfit. Bright colors that don’t go together for the sake of wearing color doesn’t work for me. The clutch is an afterthought.

3. TeaAtTwo April 3, 2020 at 8:00 pm #

To me the clutch works, it plays well with collar and fits in the colourful scheme. It’s a lovely look.

4. Nadine April 3, 2020 at 7:37 pm #

I LOVE this, she is so fun with fashion!

5. anonymous as always April 3, 2020 at 5:53 pm #

I agree with you FC. The clutch is amazing but a little bit too much for this look.
    She looks lovely nonetheless!

• laulau April 3, 2020 at 7:55 pm #

That clutch is so good tho.

6. phee April 3, 2020 at 3:29 pm #

I usually hate all this pattern mismatch going on but I like this!
    It feels oddly refreshing and sharp. Maybe Im just desperate to see fashion nowadays though 🙂

7. Nat39 April 3, 2020 at 3:15 pm #

What a delightful variety of colours, somehow I don’t find that anything clashes or competes, it’s like an invigorating kaleidoscope! I think it’s because the style of all the elements is nothing too much or bulky (had the skirt been longer for ex. or the shirt long-sleeved or the collar a bit bigger it would’ve already been too much), plus elements coordinate between themselves – the skirt goes well with the top while the clutch complements the shoes and pops against the solid red skirt for even more dynamic. I like it!

8. Eliza April 3, 2020 at 3:06 pm #

If you take the clutch away it’s very Santa’s workshop so I’m all for it adding extra extra-ness.