Menu

February 11, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Valentino @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Zoey Deutch in Valentino - The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party.jpg

Valentino had a big presence on the red carpet for the 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party held at the Wallis Annenberg Center for the Performing Arts on Sunday (February 9) in Beverly Hills, California.

Zoey Deutch: ‘The Politician’ actress was giving me Little Blue Riding Hood, and I’m here for it.

Her Valentino Fall 2019 Haute Couture chiffon gown and cape present a heavenly quality, while still feeling current and fashion forward.

This was definitely in top tier of looks on Sunday night.

Valentino Fall 2019 Haute Couture
Sofia Boutella in Valentino - The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Sofia Boutella: These style of embellished dresses are usually the work of Zuhair Murad or Elie Saab, but this look hails from Valentino’s Pre-Fall 2020 collection.

I have no issue with the sheerness, or the style of granny panties. But I do wish that they weren’t black.

What a way to ruin the delicacy of this beautiful creation.

Maria Sharapova in Valentino - The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Maria Sharapova:  Rounding out a trio of Valentina’s, you may look at this Valentino Spring 2020 lime-green dress and feel slightly underwhelmed, but the open back was the star attraction of this piece, and I feel the look has been nullified by the poor lighting at the event.

Valentino Spring 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , ,

Prada @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Prada @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Atelier Versace @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

Atelier Versace @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

25 Responses to Valentino @ The 2020 Vanity Fair Oscar Party

1. Guest February 17, 2020 at 1:42 pm #

Zoey’s look is next level. It’s got romantic fairytale vibe but there’s an undercurrent of an edge to it. I kind of wish Fanning sisters used this as inspo to shake it up a little more often.

2. Phee phee February 13, 2020 at 12:04 am #

No to all.
    Zoey looks ridiculous.
    I LOVE hoods but this one is not done well.
    The hair is not right with this hooded look.
    Also the bodice is very ugly and I hate the cutout.

I want to see Sofia in the new Egyptian Zuhair Murad collection for some reason. She would suit it I feel.

3. Guest February 12, 2020 at 8:36 pm #

Zoey looks amazing. I love the fairy-tale aura the hooded cape gives the look.
    You are right, those black panties ruin Soifa’s look.

4. Guest February 12, 2020 at 4:12 pm #

As far as hooded gowns go, I actually prefer this one. There I said it.

5. Guest February 12, 2020 at 4:50 am #

Even though initially I thought the bust area of Zoey Deutch’s gown looked a bit off – the 3 circular pieces gave the illusion that her left boob was smaller than her right – upon staring at it more, I’m on board with it. This should have been featured at the main event! The color is gorgeous. The softness of the fabric gives the hooded cape a certain magic, esp in the way it trails behind her.
    Don’t care for the other two gowns.

6. Guest February 12, 2020 at 2:52 am #

I love everything about Zoeys dress except the bodice. I wish it was better because this could’ve been a home run.
    The other 2 looks are so bad…what’s happening with Valentino? It’s not as magical as it used to be 🙁

7. Originalmeme February 11, 2020 at 10:41 pm #

Huh ?

8. Claudia The Critic February 11, 2020 at 6:27 pm #

A big no to Maria. Sofia could’ve done much better. Zoey looks amazing.

9. Guest February 11, 2020 at 5:44 pm #

I was thinking to myself chic little blue riding hood when I read your comment.?. I love Zoe’s style. She just gets it.

10. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:47 pm #

Zoey looks amazing! Yet another gown that deserved an awards show moment! Also, a rare occasion, imo, where lining the dress made a marked improvement.

Sofia – I’m a big fan of sheer dresses, but definitely agree that the black panties kinda ruin this. I think a nude body suit would’ve been her best bet, maybe even a pink one ?

Sharapova – No.

11. KseniaBradner February 11, 2020 at 4:41 pm #

Zooey Deutch and Maria Sharapova are the best. But why is racist cheater Maria Sharapova at this event? She’s so 2006.

Sofia’s black bodysuit is a mess. A waste.

12. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:22 pm #

Absolutely love Zoey’s look (!) the cape, the hood, the color, the flowing quality, and the way she owns it – she is mesmerizing, one of my very faves of the night, hands down.

13. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:20 pm #

JHH

14. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:11 pm #

Zoey should be thankful the cameras got at least one good angle on this, because in most others, the fit of the bust and even the hood are way off. I do love the colour on her.

Sofia’s black doesn’t irk me as much as it should, and I think this is one of her best looks, especially with her hair and makeup.. she can look a bit angular at times (like Olivia Wilde).

Sharapova – hard pass-ova…

15. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:10 pm #

Zoe’s gown is so beautiful. One of the best of the night for sure.

This event was really let down by the poor lighting and that gross gray carpet in the foreground.

16. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:05 pm #

Zoey Dutch, that hown is not for you.
    You dont have the power to pull of that look

Imagine kiki Layne or cynthia erivo in that gown.

17. Guest February 11, 2020 at 4:03 pm #

I’m casting my vote for Zoey and Florence Pugh to play sister in something XD

18. Guest February 11, 2020 at 3:53 pm #

Zoey has been killing it in every formal red carpet. I love it.

19. Guest February 11, 2020 at 3:46 pm #

I love Zoey in blue, however I am not keen on the other two looks. I think I started complaining about the sheer trend 5 years ago and it is still going strong. Having said that, I like the bold colour of Maria”s dress.

20. Originalmeme February 11, 2020 at 3:14 pm #

No to all of these, especially Sofia and her granny panties.

21. CharlotteLG February 11, 2020 at 2:54 pm #

I really like the cape and the hood on Zoey Deutch.
    The fabric and the colors are lovely.
    The construction and fit of the top are a bit off unfortunately.

22. Guest February 11, 2020 at 2:10 pm #

I like all of these. Especially Zoey.

23. Guest February 11, 2020 at 1:55 pm #

Had it not been sheer, Sofia’s dress would have been really pretty!

24. Catarina_M February 11, 2020 at 1:54 pm #

Zoey, without a doubt. The lining or the lack of, on the other two dresses are a let down for me.

25. Mady1908 February 11, 2020 at 1:42 pm #

I am so glad you added this post, because for me Zoey was the queen of this party! That outfit is fire, I love it so much! This is great, this is delicate, this is different, everything I was looking for! She is the Queen of the Vanity Fair Oscar Party! Truly amazing!