Menu

February 2, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Vanessa Kirby In Valentino – 2020 BAFTAs

Vanessa Kirby In Valentino - 2020 BAFTAs

V for Vanessa. V for Victory. V for Valentino.

In this case, British actress Vanessa Kirby let the letter take top billing at the 2020 BAFTAs on Sunday (February 2) in London.

If you haven’t already guessed, she was wearing a design from the Valentino Pre-Fall 2020 collection.

Despite the very-apparent belt, I like the direction of the sparkling, feathered ensemble.

But, in spite of it all — and that oxblood lip — something felt unfinished here. I can’t put my finger on it, maybe a bolder earring or bracelet was needed. Maybe it’s just my imagination.

What do you think?

Valentino Pre-Fall 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , ,

Ella Balinska In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - 2020 BAFTAs

Ella Balinska In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – 2020 BAFTAs

Kaitlyn Dever In Miu Miu - 2020 BAFTAs

Kaitlyn Dever In Miu Miu – 2020 BAFTAs

14 Responses to Vanessa Kirby In Valentino – 2020 BAFTAs

1. Guest February 4, 2020 at 6:46 pm #

I have to agree too. Though I love the look on the model, it looks so flat, empty and casual here. On a brunette with boots like in the look-book, and at a less formal event, it would have been such a cool ensemble.

anonymous as always

2. Guest February 3, 2020 at 4:59 pm #

Vanessa can pull off a difficult dress, so I’m disappointed she didn’t attempt a Gucci gown. This look is at best a photocall look.

3. Guest February 3, 2020 at 8:19 am #

Its too casual for a red-carpet event like Bafta. Thats what makes it look unfinished. But she is still oozing class and lovee those sandals with this outfit.

4. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:18 am #

Yes, you hit the nail right on the head! She is missing something, and a clutch and maybe some jewelry would have definitely helped. Also, the belt is a bit too large and overpowering.

5. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:12 am #

I would prefer a floor length version. She sure looks great

6. Los_NGLS February 2, 2020 at 9:45 pm #

T for – this belongs at a fancy lunch.

7. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:06 pm #

I agree, and it feels too casual.
    I feel like without that belt and with a clutch and perhaps more jewellery it would have looked more complete.

8. Guest February 2, 2020 at 8:31 pm #

That big V is what really kills this for me. I hate it here and on the bags. I am not anti-logo but this logo overpowers the look.

9. Phee phee February 2, 2020 at 8:09 pm #

That surly look on her face just drives me crazy. Im sure its meant to be a sexy look but it just looks miserable.
    That V belt is a huge NO. it takes the looks down and makes it just silly.
    The whole just feels best for a photocall event or a lovely brunch.

10. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:30 pm #

This is not a good outfit, especially not for Bafta. And it looks really tight on her.

11. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:23 pm #

The skirt is nice but the outfit doesn’t look dressy enough for the Baftas, something more for a lower profile event. The logo on the belt doesn’t look stylish either.

12. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:18 pm #

I agree; despite the bling and the feathers, it feels too casual because of the short skirt.

13. Vizual Ninja February 2, 2020 at 7:17 pm #

I’m with you here, I want to like this, but I don’t. I don’t think that the belt meshes well with the overall vibe of the dress, it feels too casual. Different belt and maybe floor length would’ve sold this to me, I do like her styling.

14. Guest February 2, 2020 at 7:15 pm #

If the skirt were long, this would have been a great look!