Menu

February 2, 2020

Daisy Ridley In Oscar de la Renta – 2020 BAFTAs

Posted by Rachel Watkins
Daisy Ridley In Oscar de la  Renta - 2020 BAFTAs

Daisy Ridley was also among my favourites on the 2020 BAFTAs red carpet on Sunday (February 2) in London.

The actress wears sharp, modern tailoring so well, but on this occasion, she went the way of a more romantic gown.

Yet, I think this custom, emerald-green Oscar de la Renta design combined the best of both worlds with its gracefully draped, plisse silhouette juxtaposed by the exposed corsetry details of the sculpted bodice.

I love the one-sided cape.

The last time she wore Oscar de la Renta, you were less enamoured, but I feel like this look will land on much higher ground.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Jodie Turner-Smith In Gucci - 2020 BAFTAs

Jodie Turner-Smith In Gucci – 2020 BAFTAs

Rooney Mara In Givenchy Haute Couture - 2020 BAFTAs

Rooney Mara In Givenchy Haute Couture – 2020 BAFTAs

26 Responses to Daisy Ridley In Oscar de la Renta – 2020 BAFTAs

1. Noor February 5, 2020 at 5:00 am #

Without the cape I’d never find this beautiful. I mean youthful.

2. Guest February 3, 2020 at 6:39 pm #

It’s pretty but also a bit boring, though I blame that more on the lack of accessories.

3. Guest February 3, 2020 at 4:50 pm #

The green color is what really elevates this basic gown and makes it not as boring. Lovely look.

4. Guest February 3, 2020 at 3:50 pm #

I am so enamored by this. It’s visually stunning and something so unique on the red carpet. Her best look to date for me and Best Dressed at this event.

5. Guest February 3, 2020 at 2:00 pm #

All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!! This emerald strapless Oscar de la Renta gown with a sheer cape is a stunning look for our Star Wars beauty!! The rich jewel tone really complements her alabaster skin tone perfectly, and all I see is a graceful movie star SLAYING in her own A-game!! Well done Queen Daisy, Rey shall be proud of you and the force is with you indeed!!

6. Originalmeme February 3, 2020 at 1:59 pm #

Beautiful dress that I would loved to see on Charlize

7. Catarina_M February 3, 2020 at 10:17 am #

How to wear a dress with cutouts without looking trashy. She looks amazing. One of my favourites of the night.

8. Guest February 3, 2020 at 8:37 am #

i love it on closer inspection. From a distance it looked blackso looked a dull. I only wish the green was more distuinguishable. Otherwise very beautiful design. Am glad she ditched accessories.

9. Guest February 3, 2020 at 8:01 am #

Probably the best look of the night. The one-sided cape looks very dramatic, and the pleating gives it a subtle, ray-like effect. I love how it juxtaposes against the sexy cut-out bodice.

10. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:43 am #

So gorgeous! I love this

11. Guest February 3, 2020 at 7:02 am #

Lovely. The one side Cape is beautiful

12. Mady1908 February 3, 2020 at 5:31 am #

I love everything, but the cape makes the look work even more. This is everything. She looks radiant, the dress fit her like a glove. The colour is gorgeous, what’s not to love?

13. Guest February 3, 2020 at 1:15 am #

Though the color is lovely, the side-ombre effect looks faded.

14. Guest February 3, 2020 at 1:13 am #

The dress is nice, and she looks quite elegant, but the whole vibe here just seems so basic. There’s no life here.

15. JessHarps February 2, 2020 at 11:09 pm #

Nice look. I reckon if JTS hadn’t already stolen the show, this would be spoken of more fondly. Dying for a fuchsia lip.

16. Guest February 2, 2020 at 10:40 pm #

Well well, that’s certainly different. Not Jodie’s jaw dropper, but very well done in a more undrerstated way.

17. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:32 pm #

I love the dress. The side pleated cape makes it. The cutouts don’t bother me because it’s subtly done. The simple, elegant hair and makeup let the dress take centre stage in a refined manner.

18. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:28 pm #

Really REALLY love this. So refreshing to see something different/a different silhouette on the carpet. Love the romance and mystery of the look.

19. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:24 pm #

I would also prefer no cutouts but that draped cape is just stunningly perfect and makes the look. The color is good. the styling is meh.
    Overall it works. mainly bc of that cape over the arm

20. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:06 pm #

Beautiful dress who deserved a better wearer. Daisy and her styling bring no life to it.

21. Vizual Ninja February 2, 2020 at 9:05 pm #

She’s one of the stronger ones of tonight I feel. I think the cutouts make it interesting, as it would be similar to cape dresses we’ve seen before.

22. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:03 pm #

Best dressed of the night .
    So delicate and sexy.
    I love the shade of green.

This is what Charlize Theron’s golden globe dress wishes it was.

23. P&P February 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm #

The color and the cape are beautiful.

24. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:02 pm #

I like the design with the delicate plisse fabric over her shoulder, it works nicely on her. And points for it being dark green, I thought it was black at 1st glance. Perhaps she could’ve chosen more complementary colored jewels or a clutch to take it up a notch.

25. Guest February 2, 2020 at 9:00 pm #

I really loves this! Especially the color. But I wish that the dress had the cape on both sides. I think the cutouts would have worked better if she was fully covered.

26. Dominos February 2, 2020 at 8:54 pm #

I would have preferred it without the cutouts in the bodice but otherwise she’s stunning and The colour is georgeous on her.