Menu

January 20, 2020

Zoë Kravitz In Oscar de la Renta – 2020 SAG Awards

Zoë Kravitz In Oscar de la Renta - 2020 SAG Awards

If you were like me and anticipating that you would see Zoe Kravitz in her signature black-and-white form at the 2020 SAG Awards on Sunday (January 19) in LA, you were to be kept on your toes with this new turn in direction.

The ‘Big Little Lies’ star swapped monochromatics for a much peachier hue, and her edgier side for something of supreme elegance, in this Oscar de la Renta column gown.

The dress itself, with the petite bow at the waistline, was charming with a Grace Kelly-like poise.

The gloves made it reminiscent of old Hollywood glamour — balancing feminine charm with ladylike regality.

What do you make of this ‘new’ Zoe look?

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Lily Allen In Azzi & Osta - 2020 SAG Awards

Lily Allen In Azzi & Osta – 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Garner In Dolce & Gabbana - 2020 SAG Awards

Jennifer Garner In Dolce & Gabbana – 2020 SAG Awards

34 Responses to Zoë Kravitz In Oscar de la Renta – 2020 SAG Awards

1. Guest January 25, 2020 at 4:36 pm #

I definitely like this more than all the polka dots in this world. That said, I find it more impressive as a very studied, history of fashion look. Someone’s clearly done their homework.

2. Guest January 21, 2020 at 11:26 pm #

As FC said, she’s channeling Grace Kelly here.

3. Guest January 21, 2020 at 3:50 pm #

I love this. I love her. I am always so thrilled to see how she injects so much fun and personal style into these red carpet looks. Another one of the bests of the event—just like at the GG.

4. Guest January 20, 2020 at 10:56 pm #

LOVE! Her style is so good. She is one of the best dressed once again.

5. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:45 pm #

I don’t get this.

6. Guest January 20, 2020 at 7:35 pm #

Another modern day Audrey Hepburn moment for Zoe. I love it.

7. Guest January 20, 2020 at 4:45 pm #

I LOVE IT I’M IN AWE!!!!

8. JohnM219 January 20, 2020 at 4:42 pm #

This is a personal best for me from Zoe.

Interesting and fresh but also classic and modern at the same time.

9. Guest January 20, 2020 at 4:40 pm #

I’m biased when it comes about her but I find this look incredibly chic, even if I think this is not one of the most flattering colors for her.

10. Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 3:37 pm #

It’s a nice classical look. reminds me too much of Billy Porter disaster of a dress though…same neckline.

11. Originalmeme January 20, 2020 at 3:17 pm #

Stunning.

12. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 2:10 pm #

This is not a ‘new’ look for Zoe, and that comment makes you look uneducated. Her style for the last three years of so has been Simple Classic. Her wedding gown was very Audrey Hepburn. This is a lovely look, very Zoe.

• ? January 20, 2020 at 2:33 pm #

I don’t think knowing what style Zoe has, qualifies someone as educated, and vice versa. Plus, FC follows the style of so many people, it’s only to be expected that some looks escape her memory.
      But you are right, it’s not the fist time she went for classic elegance, and definitely it works for her. She is very versatile.

• KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 2:36 pm #

FC didn’t write this, Rachel Watkins did. I expect whoever writes posts to know their stuff, and Rachel didn’t know her stuff. ‘Stuff’ in this context was Zoe’s style, which is well established.

• ? January 20, 2020 at 3:17 pm #

My bad, I didn’t read Rachel wrote this ?
      I am not sure if I would describe Zoe’s style as well established, cause in my head she is a girl who experiments with fashion a lot. But then again, whatever she wears she manages to make it her own, and all her looks, from sexy and rock and roll, to classy and elegant, end up looking very cohesive, so I don’t know…
      But in the end that’s what I like about her style. She plays with fashion without losing herself in the clothes.

• Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 3:38 pm #

You can point out to someone’s mistake without insulting them. You might be right but then being condescending makes you wrong.

• KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 4:04 pm #

I have been a loyal commenter on this blog since 2009; I expect FC’s high standards to be met. FC can’t write everything herself, so I expect the people who help her to meet her excellent standards. Celebrities, stylists and other industry people actually read Red Carpet Fashion Awards, so yes, being-in-the-know matters.

• Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 5:24 pm #

Not disputing the accuracy of your facts, and I agree, we should expect knowledgeable content managers. However, you could have said it nicer.

13. Vizual Ninja January 20, 2020 at 1:23 pm #

Love this shade on her. I also don’t mind the gloves makes the look a tad more interesting.

14. Guest January 20, 2020 at 12:15 pm #

This is more me than when I think Zoe and I love Zoe in YSL but frankly she looks good in anything . This is so Jackie O the whitehouse years . Great look

15. nooyoo January 20, 2020 at 11:58 am #

AMAZING! She really brought it!

16. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 10:17 am #

This color is amazing on Zoe. I’m in the fence with the gloves. But she looks so elegant.

17. Guest January 20, 2020 at 9:35 am #

Beautiful color against her skin tone. It makes her look like a modern day Audrey Hepburn. I would have rather her ditch the gloves, though. The gown is a tad longer than I would’ve liked, but overall, very elegant.

18. Guest January 20, 2020 at 9:06 am #

Thank god she is back with her pixie. She had the worst braids I had ever seen on any woman ?

19. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:55 am #

I love this as much as I loved her GG look! But mostly, I’m impressed by how well she rocks that pixie on the red carpet.

20. Mady1908 January 20, 2020 at 6:11 am #

Incredible. I love Zoé and this dress is perfection.

21. Los_NGLS January 20, 2020 at 5:46 am #

STUNNING! Simple, classy, understated, and utterly perfect!

Fantastic color for her skin tone, which was echoed subtly and beautifully in her lip color and blush. I am rarely a fan of gloves, but they worked wonderfully in this case.

• ? January 20, 2020 at 2:41 pm #

Everything you said! I usually find gloves very costumy, but she pulls them off with ease.
      I can’t help but wonder though, if I would have like them even more, in a different colour, like mint green or lilac…

anonymous as always

• Priyanka9 January 21, 2020 at 6:08 am #

First Solar fired Flossie Lam in Riverside but Flossie now earnes $8960 working with Cracker Barrel Old Country Store from home…………Easyjob50.com

22. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:41 am #

I always love what she brings to the RC. No exception here. I’m happy she went all the way and wore the gloves!

23. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:41 am #

Lose the gloves and this would be just about perfect. If Zoe must have gloves with this dress for some reason, then the gloves should have been sleeker.

24. Guest January 20, 2020 at 5:05 am #

Gorgeous head to toe. This might be the best dressed event in a thousand years.

25. Guest January 20, 2020 at 4:50 am #

Lovely gown, the gloves are ott and don’t go.

26. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 4:42 am #

Interesting. I wanted to say that I dislike the gloves but I dont. They are kind of working with this dress.
    What I dont like are all the pulling at the seams. Its causing wrinkles and doesn’t look as sleek as it should.
    The silhouette and bow are great on her though.