Menu

January 20, 2020

Rachel Brosnahan In Stella McCartney – 2020 SAG Awards

Rachel Brosnahan In Stella McCartney - 2020 SAG Awards

Rachel Brosnahan was one of many celebrities to go for a bold colour on the red carpet at the 2020 Screen Actors Guild Awards on Sunday (January 19) in Los Angeles.

Though ‘The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel’ actress spends much of her time in 1950s pillow box hats and capes, Rachel channeled a modern starlet in a cobalt blue Stella McCartney dress, Christian Louboutin heels, and Forevermark Jewelry.

While I can understand why the designer would add strands of jewels to the simple dress, do you believe the gown would look better without them?

Maybe the focus should’ve been on embracing the elegance of the striking shade and skimming shape.

Instead the gown feels stuck between; not quite over-the-top, not quite minimalistic.

Would less have been more here?

Credit: Getty

, , , , ,

Anna Paquin In Carolina Herrera - 2020 SAG Awards

Anna Paquin In Carolina Herrera – 2020 SAG Awards

Cynthia Erivo In Schiaparelli Haute Couture - 2020 SAG Awards

Cynthia Erivo In Schiaparelli Haute Couture – 2020 SAG Awards

14 Responses to Rachel Brosnahan In Stella McCartney – 2020 SAG Awards

1. Guest January 21, 2020 at 4:05 pm #

I actually thought this was lovely, and one of her very best efforts. But I do wish she would step it up!

2. Guest January 20, 2020 at 8:51 pm #

Ugh no.

3. Guest January 20, 2020 at 4:45 pm #

I would have taken off the strands on the arms and add just one strand to the slit and the hem.

4. JohnM219 January 20, 2020 at 4:44 pm #

She needs a new stylist.

5. Originalmeme January 20, 2020 at 3:37 pm #

This is awful H2T. The dress looks cheap and her hair is a mess. Love the earring.

6. Paola102 January 20, 2020 at 3:28 pm #

I think the problem is the fit at the bust not the jewels. It’s a beautiful colour.

7. Vizual Ninja January 20, 2020 at 1:31 pm #

Definitely think the jewels elevated the look and I don’t mind her hair here. It’s a chic look.

8. lmkw January 20, 2020 at 11:37 am #

Love the dress. Love the color. Love the jewels. But that hair is just a mess and detracts from the entire look.

9. Catarina_M January 20, 2020 at 10:10 am #

I don’t think those earrings were the right choice. She looks ok, I actually like the dress with the beaded strands.

10. Guest January 20, 2020 at 9:28 am #

Without the beading at the neckline, the dress would look rather ho-hum and boring, bold color notwithstanding. Her hair looks like she just rolled out of bed.

11. MissHebble January 20, 2020 at 8:59 am #

I like the dress and I’m not mad at the beading. I still just can’t with her hair colour. I miss her brunette hair! #bringbackthebrunette

12. Guest January 20, 2020 at 4:19 am #

I actually love the jewels at the neckline, I think it’s a beautiful touch to the simple gown, and the blue is beautiful. She just needed a better posture and a bit more support in the bust, more elegance to carry it off, and a better hairstyle.

13. Phee phee January 20, 2020 at 4:19 am #

O it would of been boring as heck without those jewel beading on the dress! im glad the designer did add them!!
    the fit in the bust area could be better. Its not as sleek as it should be.
    The color works well with her haircolor. Its a very pretty look overall.

14. KseniaBradner January 20, 2020 at 4:12 am #

On Jennifer Garner or Kate Winslet, I’d be thanking the Gods, but on Rachel it’s nice but whatever. I appreciate Rachel adding jewels to her look to give it some oomph. Rachel’s looks are always styled well.