Menu

January 5, 2020 Runway To Red Carpet

Cynthia Erivo’s Pre-Golden Globes Red Carpet Looks

Cynthia Erivo's Pre-Golden Globes Red Carpet Looks

Following Cynthia Erivo dramatic start to the new decade, the British actress hit the red carpet with four more looks this weekend.

Palm Springs International Film Festival – Variety’s Creative Impact Awards and 10 Directors to Watch Brunch:  When I saw her in this hot pink and patent leather Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2019 Haute Couture look on Friday, I thought we were going to be in for a festival of colour this weekend.  I love the drama of this for a brunch, but I much prefer the skirt we saw on the runway.

7th Annual Gold Meets Golden Celebration:  When it comes to this Gucci dress, it’s all about the details which enrich the simple silhouette of this long-sleeve dress. Cynthia opted for a lot of black shoes this weekend, so I’m glad she switches things up in bronze Jimmy Choo ‘Max’ sandals for this outing.

Alexandre Vauthier Fall 2019 Haute Couture

7th Annual Gold Meets Golden Performance:  Sticking to a similar colour palette, Cynthia wore a Reem Acra Spring 2020 blush, fully sequined strapless bustier and matching wide leg trousers.  At first I was slightly underwhelmed by this look; wishing it was presented in a bolder colour.  But after seeing just how dazzling this look was in motion on her makeup artist (Terrell Mullin’s) insta stories, I did a complete 180 on my first impression.

2019 BAFTA Los Angeles Tea Party:  Opting for neutrals once again, we saw the return of one of her signatures:  ruffles, in this  sheer frock. Another pair of Jimmy Choo ‘Max’ sandals completed her look.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , ,

Jennifer Lopez Wore Zuhair Murad To The 2019 Palm Springs International Film Festival Awards After Party

Saoirse Ronan's Pre-Golden Globes Red Carpet Looks

Saoirse Ronan’s Pre-Golden Globes Red Carpet Looks

9 Responses to Cynthia Erivo’s Pre-Golden Globes Red Carpet Looks

1. Catarina_M January 6, 2020 at 9:00 am #

I prefer the Reem Acra’s look. Simple and elegant.

2. Noor January 6, 2020 at 2:56 am #

I like third look on her as it’s not a gown. And second also. It’s good to see how minimal styling works for as well.

3. KseniaBradner January 6, 2020 at 12:11 am #

The Vauthier was messy. The white and gold Gucci was very lovely.

Cynthia clearly wanted to keep it subdued for her performance, so this simple Acra works. I don’t like the visible black bra with that frothy tulip pink dress and those peeptoes belong in 2006.

4. Phee phee January 5, 2020 at 11:43 pm #

The third works best cause its sleek and not over accessorized.
    The first and fourth are really done badly. Look cheap.
    The third is something thats working for her too.

5. Guest January 5, 2020 at 10:00 pm #

A huge NO to all of it.

6. Guest January 5, 2020 at 8:33 pm #

The I like the skirt for the Vauthier look, it gives the edge Cynthia has and has cool juxtaposition with the elegant and girly top, I do wish it was a tad shorter though.
    The Gucci dress and Reem Acra outfit are nice. The Tea Party dress is kinda awful. Not a fan of her shoe choices here.

7. Guest January 5, 2020 at 8:15 pm #

I only like the Reem Acra.

8. lelaid January 5, 2020 at 7:55 pm #

I generally like her style but wow has she been off her game lately. The only one I like is the white Reem Acra. The Vauthier had potential but the proportions with the skirt are very awkward.

9. Guest January 5, 2020 at 7:04 pm #

The 3rd one Reem Acra is easily the best, it suits her the most. She looks chic and statuesque. And I like the 1st pretty pink top (the leather skirt does look too harsh with it though, and the length looks awkward). The 2nd look is lovely enough, but the 4th is kinda bad.