Menu

December 16, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Jorja Smith Presents Two Looks For The 2019 Global Citizen Prize

Vivienne Westwood in GmbH - 2019 Global Citizen Prize

Jorja Smith gave us two looks during the Global Citizen Prize 2019 event held at Royal Albert Hall on Friday (December 13) in London.

For the red carpet, she embraced the joys of spring – despite the dipping temperatures – wearing a GmbH Spring 2020 dress, which was in a beautiful shade of blue.

I love the sensuality of this look which is imbued by the bodice, and the slits which gave us a look at her Manolo Blahnik Bucu Starfish strappy sandals, which were sumptuously sculpted with satin-wrapped leather.

But, I’m on the fence with the placement of the two front ruffles.

GmbH Spring 2020
GmbH Spring 2020

For her duet with John Legend, the singer wore a very recognizable silk satin garden rose print from the Vivienne Westwood Made-to-Order collection.

With Jorja’s gorgeous curves, I can’t think of a more better fit for the British singer.

This was my favourite of the two.

The broadcast special will air on Friday, December 20, 2019, at 8PM ET on NBC in the United States and Saturday, December 21, 2019, at 7PM GMT on Sky TV in the United Kingdom.

Credit: Vogue.com & Jeff Spicer/Getty Images for Global Citizen

, , , , , , ,

Taylor Swift Wore RIXO To The iHeartRadio's Z100 Jingle Ball 2019

Taylor Swift Wore RIXO To The iHeartRadio’s Z100 Jingle Ball 2019

Gigi Hadid Wore Esaú Yori To Support Taylor Swift At The 2019 iHeartRadio Z100 Jingle Ball

9 Responses to Jorja Smith Presents Two Looks For The 2019 Global Citizen Prize

1. Phee phee December 17, 2019 at 3:41 pm #

meh to both.
    I like the color of the first but it looks way too beachy/summery feeling. the ruffles also make it look messy.
    The second, im not so sure about the fit.the bust is popping out. Also the shoes dont work well with the dress. Too many straps going on.

2. Catarina_M December 17, 2019 at 8:53 am #

The blue dress is dated and looks cheap. The Vivienne Westwood’s is way better, even though feels like a deja vú. I don’t like the sandals.

3. Isabela December 17, 2019 at 2:58 am #

I don’t like the first dress, but the color is so amazing

4. JasLinds December 17, 2019 at 2:42 am #

Don’t love the first outfit. The colour is great, but too summery for the season and cheap due to the weird fit.
    The Westwood however – I LOVE the romance of the print combined with the sexy (and perfect) fit.

5. Guest December 17, 2019 at 12:45 am #

The only aspect of these looks I like are the blue sandals. The blue dress is ruined by the ruffles and I am not feeling the combination of the color and the style in December. The Vivienne Westwood would have been great but it is giving her flotation devices bosom.

6. alvarospain December 16, 2019 at 11:16 pm #

I prefer the blue one.

7. Guest December 16, 2019 at 10:43 pm #

I can’t unsee the imagery created by the ruffles at the crotch area. The dress’ blue hue is so beautiful on her and I like the top half of the dress, the hair and makeup and the sandals.

8. Guest December 16, 2019 at 9:34 pm #

The VW dress is good. The blue one looks like a rag.

9. KseniaBradner December 16, 2019 at 9:07 pm #

The second look, even if she needs to pull the bodice up. The blue dress looks cheap except for the bustier part.