Menu

November 11, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Gwen Stefani In Vera Wang Bridal – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

Posted by Catherine Kallon
Gwen Stefani In Vera Wang Bridal - 2019 People’s Choice Awards

Gwen Stefani picked up the Fashion Icon Award at the 2019 People’s Choice Awards held at the Barker Hangar on Sunday (November 10) in Santa Monica, California.

I always find it so ironic that the recipient of this award always arrives looking like they didn’t quite do enough to earn the accolade.

I don’t hate this Vera Wang Fall 2020 Bridal gown, as it perfectly suits Gwen’s rebellious persona.

The look was custom made to read ‘FASHION ICON’ instead of ‘LOVE’ which we saw in the lookbook, which lets us know that Gwen knew she was collecting the award beforehand.

My issue is the styling.

It like she got two missed calls, as the ’80s and the ’90s want their fishnets, opera gloves and suede over the knee Casadei back back.

Did she really need all of those things considering that big gigantic bow at the back?

I think not.

Keeping the styling  super simple would’ve worked in her favour here.

Do you agree?

Embed from Getty Images
Vera Wang Fall 2020 Bridal

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , ,

Charlize Theron Picks Up Her American Cinematheque Award In Dior

Charlize Theron Picks Up Her American Cinematheque Award In Dior

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Rocks A '90s Style Suit In New York City

Rosie Huntington-Whiteley Rocks A ’90s Style Suit In New York City

18 Responses to Gwen Stefani In Vera Wang Bridal – 2019 People’s Choice Awards

1. Guest November 14, 2019 at 6:29 pm #

Let’s remind ourselves who she was before The Voice and Blake Shelton and return to her rocker roots of No Doubt. Then this look makes total sense for her persona. I get somewhat where you’re coming from but she has never been a traditional dresser even though her looks are simpler (yes!) now.

2. Guest November 13, 2019 at 1:40 pm #

I actually really love this from head to toe! Her hair and makeup look beautiful and the dress with all the accessories is totally Gwen. I don’t think anyone else could have made me like this!

3. Jess Mara November 12, 2019 at 1:26 am #

What a fun dress that is let down by such terrible styling!!! Not sure she deserved the fashion icon award after this look.

4. Phee phee November 11, 2019 at 7:47 pm #

So dated and cheesy. Bad styling. So bad.
    sad that she was awarded this award in that silly dress and dated styling.

5. Guest November 11, 2019 at 2:47 pm #

It’s dated as hell! Like something she wore in the 90’s at the Grammy’s.

6. KseniaBradner November 11, 2019 at 2:45 pm #

Gwen Stefani’s style is inherently quite tacky but still often very cool. This look is not cool, but it is 100%, pure, undiluted Gwen Stefani.

7. Guest November 11, 2019 at 2:05 pm #

Agreed that the styling is the letdown here. The problem is the gloves and the fishnets are too much, either of them needs to go at least. I personally would drop both though.
    I don’t mind the gigantic bow, I think it’s very fun.

8. Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:17 pm #

I think this particular styling suits her. As you mentioned, her fashion has always been quite rebellious (never simple) & it’s what’s drawn people to her style. And completely agree on Zendaya being awarded in the future.

9. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:50 am #

This dress (and styling) is terrible. Fashion icon? What a joke…

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 12:43 pm #

agree 100% what a joke
      and that make up?! horrible

10. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:31 am #

I hate it. Fashion icon? She wears the worst clothes and sometimes she just looks clownish.

11. Catarina_M November 11, 2019 at 11:30 am #

I don’t like the styling but it suits her perfectly. On Gwen being the recipient of the Fashion Icon Award, I don’t understand why, I like her style, but she’s forgettable and definitely not an icon IMO.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:56 am #

Ur comment shows ur young

Gwen was the IT girl back in the day.
      She was that bìtch
      She was probably the only musician in the 2000’s taking fashion seriously.

Every pop girl today stole one or two things from gwen.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards November 11, 2019 at 12:12 pm #

And she stole from Madonna. And she stole from….we could go on all day.

• Catarina_M November 11, 2019 at 1:21 pm #

I’m definitely not young and I was a big No Doubt fan. But even back in the day, she was different, but no icon, at least not my understanding of icon.

12. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:12 am #

Love love love

Very cool.
    Its grand but it’s not too much.
    It’s very event appropriate and she stands out

13. Guest November 11, 2019 at 11:11 am #

Irony is dead. Services TBA.

• Guest November 11, 2019 at 7:10 pm #