Menu

October 22, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

2019 InStyle Awards: Rodarte Edition

With Rodarte’s Kate and Laura Mulleavy winning Designer of the Year at the 2019 InStyle Awards on Monday (October 21) in Los Angeles, California, they had a strong celebrity presence on the red carpet, with a few of their cherished girls.

Kirsten Dunst:  A celebration of Rodarte can’t begin without their favourite girl Kirsten Dunst.

The actress wore a Spring 2019 tulle rainbow hued tiered dress which I feel greatly benefits Kirsten without the matching sleeves we saw on the runway.

January Jones:  In the words of Marvin Gaye, “what’s going on?”

As you know I am a fan of January’s “dare to do different” attitude when it come to her red carpet looks, but I feel like ‘ The Politician’ actress has bitten off a little bit more than she can chew with the ruffled details on this Rodarte Fall 2019 leather dress.

My immediate thought was “not flattering.”  Followed by, “could this have worked with better hair, makeup or even the runway belt?”

What do you think?

Natasha Lyonne:  The ‘OITNB’ star also appears to be very much part of the Rodarte family.  She tends to favour looks that are a touch more avant-garde, or ones that make her lose her neck, but on this occasion she looked very elegant in this peach custom Rodarte silk chiffon gown. Anna Sheffield and Nikos Koulis jewels completed her look.

Kilo Kish: The rapper is a bit of a newbie on the fashion scene, but I’m warming to her style very quickly.  This Rodarte Fall 2019 pink and lavender sequin top with taffeta blue details paired with the matching skirt, may not go down too well with some on account of the many ruffles, but I love Kilo’s effortless approach to this. This isn’t an easy look by any means.  So I’m glad just the blue boots, and blue cat-eyes accompanied this outing.

Rachel Bilson: The actress went back into the archives to wear this Rodarte Fall 2015 poppy print dress, which some might say it was the safest option, but I applaud her for selecting a piece that works well with her style, rather than trying too hard to work an outfit that stepped too far out of her comfort-zone.

Rodarte Spring 2019
Rodarte Fall 2019
Rodarte Fall 2019
Rodarte Fall 2015

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

2019 InStyle Awards: Dior Edition

2019 InStyle Awards: Dior Edition

2019 InStyle Awards: Kate Spade New York Edition

2019 InStyle Awards: Kate Spade New York Edition

15 Responses to 2019 InStyle Awards: Rodarte Edition

1. KseniaBradner October 24, 2019 at 7:15 pm #

Kiki looks best here. The pastels are lovely on her and remind me of 2006-era Chanel Couture.

2. Sharon M October 23, 2019 at 11:03 am #

I love Kirsten’s look, but Natasha looks wonderful…that dress suits her.

3. Jess Mara October 23, 2019 at 12:53 am #

Kirsten looks fabulous and it would appear that Rodarte save the good looks for her because the rest are a mess!

4. Guest October 22, 2019 at 5:37 pm #

What happened to Rodarte? Most of these are ugly.

5. Guest October 22, 2019 at 5:03 pm #

January looks terrible. I’m shocked her stylist let her wear this when it’s so unflattering and she can do so much better. Kilo’s outfit looked much better on the runway with a taller model.

6. Phee phee October 22, 2019 at 3:39 pm #

Kirsten by far. Its actually quite lovely.
    January looks insane. Its so unflattering.
    The other 3 are not also. they just look sloppy.

7. Guest October 22, 2019 at 3:01 pm #

Kirsten modified dress is kinda nice but I would like to see it on someone with different colouring. The rest look meh.

8. Los_NGLS October 22, 2019 at 2:21 pm #

Rodarte is HARD to wear! Kirsten def did it best.

But no one (in recent memory, and admittedly my memory is very mehhh) can hold a candle to Brie Larson’s last few Rodarte outings (on the Avengers tour I believe).

9. Guest October 22, 2019 at 12:39 pm #

Interesting thing is, I used to like this brand a lot. Below is one of the pieces I adored back in 2000s. But I have to agree with most of you, they really make fugly clothes nowadays.

10. sueno October 22, 2019 at 12:55 pm #

Kirsten is fabulous, I kinda like Natasha’s dress it reminds me of Florence Welch.

11. Guest October 22, 2019 at 11:51 am #

All of it FUG

12. Guest October 22, 2019 at 11:34 am #

Kirsten is the best, probably one of the best Rodarte I’ve seen on the red carpet. Not a fan of January’s look, I might have liked it better if she a better hairstyle and better makeup.

I only like Natasha in the bottom, the other two don’t care for (especially Kilo’s look).

13. CharlotteLG October 22, 2019 at 11:23 am #

I find all these dresses pretty ugly.

14. Guest October 22, 2019 at 11:13 am #

Kirsten looks great in those creamsicle colors. By all rights that dress should be too twee (Rodarte, twee, who knew?!) with ruffles and that color combo but I like it on her.

Don’t see anything else worth commenting on, classic Rodarte “what were they thinking cause I don’t get it” kind of looks.

15. WhiteLady October 22, 2019 at 11:07 am #

This is the best I’ve seen Kirsten look in a very, very long time… So glad that she removed the sleeves and lined the skirt, it makes the look infinitely better than the runway. Brava!

I’m not convinced about any of the other four, but second best would be January for me, the sandals improved the runway look although I might’ve liked it better with the belt.