Menu

October 21, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Katrina Kaif’s High Low Ballgown For The Vogue Women Of The Year Awards 2019

Katrina Kaif made her Vogue Women of the Year debut at the annual event held in Mumbai on Saturday (October 19).

Red has always been a great colour for the Bollywood star, and she proved it once again at this event.

I know many of you aren’t the biggest fans of high-low gowns, and to be honest, I wasn’t entirely sold on this Ashi Studio Capsule Collection Couture look, until I got a closer look at the fabric in the pictures from her Instagram.

That poor lighting is really dulling her shine here, but I love how the statement-making piece with its puffy train featured an oversized bow at the back for an added touch of romance the silhouette.

Keeping focus only to the dress, Katrina’s choice of minimal accessories included a pair of matching diamond and ruby earrings and ring.

One thing did bring down the look, and that was her choice of silver strappy sandals.  I wish they didn’t look so inexpensive.

Ashi Studio Couture Capsule Collection

Credit: Kedar Nene & Ashi Studio

, , , ,

Charlize Theron Channels Her Inner Twiggy At The 'Bombshell' New York Screening

Charlize Theron Channels Her Inner Twiggy At The ‘Bombshell’ New York Screening

Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands State Visit To India

Queen Maxima Of The Netherlands State Visit To India

10 Responses to Katrina Kaif’s High Low Ballgown For The Vogue Women Of The Year Awards 2019

1. Phee phee October 22, 2019 at 3:35 pm #

Ugh. These hi-low dresses give a dated vibe. I just cant stand them most of the time. This one included.
    I adore Ashi Studio, and I love the red but the pouf hi-low just irks me.

2. Guest October 22, 2019 at 3:02 pm #

I love this on the runway but it looks cheap on Katrina. Her hair also ruins this for me, it should have been up.

3. JasLinds October 22, 2019 at 1:55 am #

Imagine if the gown was full length all-round? It would have been incredible. But the mullet style with those shoes it all looks kinda dated.

4. Jess Mara October 22, 2019 at 12:58 am #

Shame that the lighting ruined this look a bit and that her hair styling let her down. I also hate the silver shoes and think she would have been better with the red tie pumps from the lookbook.

5. Guest October 21, 2019 at 11:52 pm #

The color of the dress is nice but I just do not like moire. It brings to my mind formal draperies and this dress definitely looks like overdone draperies or a semi-deflated parachute. The jewelry is lovely but I agree that is too much red with the dress. My personal pet peeve of toe overhang is going here so that pretty much ruined the whole thing for me. Ladies, buy some hairspray, some beeswax, some of something but do something to keep the toes from overhanging. There are lots of hacks for this on the internet. It should not keep happening.

• Guest October 22, 2019 at 12:05 pm #

“semi-deflated parachute” made me LOL. Love your comment.

6. Guest October 21, 2019 at 11:00 pm #

Agreed that the sandals do look cheap and rather basic, but she looks great. The hair and makeup are gorgeous, and she carries this dress well.

7. Maya_S October 21, 2019 at 7:00 pm #

I like the dress. She hasn’t accessorized well. Her sandals are really ruining the look. The red jewelry is too much in my opinion. I don’t like her hair do and make up either. So yes to the dress, no to the rest.

8. Guest October 21, 2019 at 6:52 pm #

Apart from the shoes looking on the budget side, she wasn’t the one to the sell this gown. Perhaps with her hair up it would have had some of the runway appeal.

9. Guest October 21, 2019 at 6:39 pm #

Beautiful dress, I love the drama of it! I don’t mind the shoes that much, I like that they are silver and matching her jewellery.