Menu

September 26, 2019

Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Dons Her First Coat Dress For Fall For The Naming Ceremony For The RSS Sir David Attenborough

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge attended a naming ceremony for a new research vessel alongside Prince William and Sir David Attenborough on Thursday (September 26).

On her last outing, I did say that it wouldn’t be long before the return of the coat dress for the Duchess.

And here she is, right on time, and in her favourite colour too.

Catherine was all smiles wearing a beautiful sky-coloured coat by Alexander McQueen, styled with Asprey bag and navy pumps…naturally.

Are having a case of deja vu?

That’s probably because Catherine has worn this thrice before.

She first wore it in New Zealand back in April 2014, then again in June 2014 for the 70th Anniversary of D-Day Ceremony and for her visit to the RAF Air Cadets in February 2016.

Credit: Getty

, , , ,

Anna Kendrick's Halpern Sequin Mini For Late Night With Seth Meyers

Anna Kendrick’s Halpern Sequin Mini For Late Night With Seth Meyers

Cobie Smulders Falls Forward In Velvet Prabal Gurung On Jimmy Kimmel Live

Cobie Smulders Falls Forward In Velvet Prabal Gurung On Jimmy Kimmel Live

17 Responses to Catherine, Duchess Of Cambridge Dons Her First Coat Dress This Fall For The Naming Ceremony For The RSS Sir David Attenborough

1. Guest September 29, 2019 at 6:19 am #

looks amazing

2. Guest September 28, 2019 at 10:18 am #

You

3. Alvaro Ora September 27, 2019 at 1:50 pm #

Zzz…

4. KseniaBradner September 27, 2019 at 2:07 am #

The shoes are so frumpy.

5. Jess Mara September 27, 2019 at 12:21 am #

She still looks amazing even if it is a repeat. Nice to see Meghan following suit and rewearing some outfits on the Africa Tour.

6. Guest September 26, 2019 at 10:25 pm #

She looks like the future Queen Consort. The dress is fine though the shoes are stodgy.

7. Paola102 September 26, 2019 at 8:10 pm #

Typical Kate, impeccable hair, perfect fit. And the colour is still nice.

8. MissHebble September 26, 2019 at 6:53 pm #

It gives me such Beauxbatons vibes! This event wasn’t too far from me – the beeb were quoting that there were going to be 200 schoolkids there dressed as penguins! ?‍♀️

9. Guest September 26, 2019 at 6:36 pm #

Same old “boring” Kate, but she looks very pretty and the colour looks good on her. The fit is once again impeccable. I’m just not sure about the bag.

Slightly off topic, can you imagine if people on here were as snarky and nitpicky about Meghan as they were on Kate’s old posts? They would be called haters, bullies, body shamers, etc.

• Guest September 27, 2019 at 10:45 am #

Here’s the thing – the snark and nitpicks Meghan Markle faces daily well due to her race and confidence as a woc is at a level Kate has never faced. Even here you have to bring her up as if she is protected when she is abused online daily which makes fashion snark seem irrelevant. Kate only needs to face that. So fashion is not just about fashion – it is also about the people involved. Kate gets praised literally for being the perfect decorative piece for RF while Meghan is criticized for everything. And if you want to see bias check why Kate’s ordinary dresses make it to BDOTW.

• Guest September 27, 2019 at 11:19 am #

Hi, there, there’s absolutely no need to be this defensive.
      I’m not a Meghan hater, I’m more indifferent towards her.
      I do hate the conversation that surrounds her.
      As a liberal, progressive woman myself, it just escapes me why she’s praised and hailed as the second-coming when in reality she’s in a position of (at least media) power she doesn’t deserve, she’s just there because she married into one of the most archaic, anti-democratic, anti-meritocratic institution there is. People like to think (and she makes them think) she’s somehow modernizing it, when the only way to modernize a monarchy in 2019 is to abolish it.
      If you trick your brain to think otherwise, then maybe you are not as liberal as you think you are.
      The thing is, Kate was scrutinized and criticized just as much as Meghan (and Meghan’s stans are now the most toxic ones at that), People were (and are) just more oblivious to that. It’s even trendy to mock her: the social climber, the baby machine, the Stepford wife, Waity Katy, etc.
      Social media are just more pervasive these days, so everything is blown out of proportions now, both the good stuff and the bad stuff.
      And mind you, I’m not a Kate fan. I just think she often looks impeccable (or impeccably boring), but I’m just talking from a fashion/beauty perspective. She’s in a similar undeserved position of power, but at least she (and her media team, and the social conversation) doesn’t act so patronizingly about that.

• Guest September 27, 2019 at 11:24 am #

I just wanted to reply to your (somewhat hostile) comment, but I’m not going to respond any further.

• Guest September 27, 2019 at 4:59 pm #

You’re more comfortable with a woman in position of power when she’s ornamental and you consider yourself progressive?

And lmao @ being called a stepford wife being on the same level as racism.

The things you read on this site, smh

• Guest September 27, 2019 at 7:09 pm #

I am not much of a Meghan fan either, I have several things to criticize but to say both face same criticism is ignorant. That’s exactly the bias here. Both are both social climbers. Generally Kate’s actions are made fun of, with Meghan people are waiting to blame her for everything. And you hate Meghan stans – what about haters which are million times more. Meghan faces extra vitriol because she is a confident woc who has a mind of her own and has not done anything to earn 1000s of hateful comments daily. Decorative Kate is now the perfect English rose. My comment was because you’ll see many posts saying Meghan’s shape is not suited for what she is wearing but for some reason people including you can’t see that. Because of fans she deserves this treatment. Again not being made fun of or criticized for their actions but hating their existence. If you want a legit criticism I hated her baby shower extravaganza and parade but I think her projects all had tangible benefits. I don’t mind her and don’t really get this hatred.

10. Guest September 26, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

It feels as if we’ve had a break from the coat dresses so I shan’t complain. The blue was on theme for nautical event.

11. Guest September 26, 2019 at 6:18 pm #

Looks amazing!

12. Guest September 26, 2019 at 6:10 pm #

I don’t mind the cost dresses, as long as it’s not a new one. She doesn’t need anymore for the rest of her life.