Menu

September 2, 2019 Runway To Red Carpet

Sylvia Hoeks In JW Anderson - Filming In Italy Press Conference

It has been awhile since we’ve seen Sylvia Hoeks on the red carpet, but her commanding presence has returned in full stride at the 2019 Venice Film Festival on Sunday (September 1), where she attended the Filming in Italy press conference and ceremony.

Press Conference: An experimental play on knitted structure, this JW Anderson Spring 2020 baby-blue ruffle dress had some interesting asymmetrical elements. It might grow on me, but what definitely won’t are the black Jimmy Choo ‘Hourly’ sandals that were too stark in comparison.

JW Anderson Spring 2020
Sylvia Hoeks In Alberta Ferretti - Filming In Italy Ceremony

Ceremony: This Alberta Ferretti Resort 2020 gown was by far my favourite of the two — perhaps also due to Sylvia’s commanding mood. She was selling this look to me, between its captivating blue hue and the movement-inducing waves of liquid fabric that she navigated precisely while others may have gotten lost swimming in the folds.

Alberta Ferretti Resort 2020

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , , , , , , ,

Sienna Miller In Gucci - Kineo Prize

Sienna Miller In Gucci – Kineo Prize

Meryl Streep In Givenchy -  'The Laundromat' Venice Film Festival Premiere

Meryl Streep In Givenchy – ‘The Laundromat’ Venice Film Festival Premiere

14 Responses to Sylvia Hoeks In JW Anderson & Alberta Ferretti – Filming In Italy Press Conference & Ceremony

1. Guest September 2, 2019 at 9:05 pm #

jw anderson dress is so beautiful it’s a shame about those black shoes.

2. Guest September 2, 2019 at 4:14 pm #

The second looks is a dream! She looks great in both though.

3. Sharon M September 2, 2019 at 11:11 am #

I don’t like either dress. The second is better because of the color, but why say Meryl’s looked maternity and not this one? It would be perfect for that!

4. Guest September 2, 2019 at 8:57 am #

I like her style. LOVE the second look!

5. James Mackay September 2, 2019 at 7:53 am #

I could see the first one on Queen Cate as she has the right presence for it and her milky skin would have rocked it better.

6. Guest September 2, 2019 at 6:48 am #

I really like the first dress, it’s interesting and quite refined and the colour is soothing. I wouldn’t have chosen the black sandals but as the straps are thin I don’t mind them too much.
    The second I’m enjoying and I’m putting all down how she’s calmly commanding the look. It looks like deflated tent on the model but she’s wearing it such ease and conviction. This shade also looks good on her too.

7. CharlotteLG September 2, 2019 at 6:17 am #

I like both look.
    The first one is lovely on her and I like the dress with the black sandals, it’s a good contrast IMO.

• ? September 2, 2019 at 12:31 pm #

I like the first dress with the black sandals too! As you said it creates a good contrast and makes the look more urban chic and cool.

anonymous as always

8. Guest September 2, 2019 at 4:27 am #

The first dress is just boring. The color saves the second dress from being a cult dress but is just too voluminous to be flattering.

9. Jess Mara September 2, 2019 at 3:41 am #

Shame about the shoes in both gowns but she is pulling off the second much better.

10. Guest September 2, 2019 at 2:52 am #

The first dress is lovely but she does nothing for it and the shoes don’t work. The second is a beautiful color but looks like cult clothes.

11. Phee phee September 2, 2019 at 2:23 am #

Nope. I dont see any commanding presence from her, first of all.

the first dress is rather limp. Theres no life to the picture. I just see dour.
    the second is a muumuu. just a silly shapeless sack.

the shoes ruin both even further.

12. Paola102 September 2, 2019 at 2:07 am #

looove the second dress. I would be so happy walking in this!

13. JasLinds September 2, 2019 at 12:58 am #

Love both dresses on her, especially the JW Anderson, but the shoes ruin both!