Menu

May 14, 2019 Premiere

Selena Gomes In Louis Vuitton - ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Selena Gomez made her 2019 Cannes Film Festival debut attending the premiere of ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ on Tuesday (May 14) in France.

I feel like everyone has been excited about this moment, excluding me.

I saw no point in being excited about a moment I knew was going to be disappointing, and here you have it.

While I’m happy it’s not Coach, I’m not enamoured by this Louis Vuitton look at all, at all.

Before you say I dislike it because it’s not a gown, that is not the case.

I like the fact that they tried to something fun, youthful and fashion-forward, but the execution is so very sloppy to me.

What don’t I like?

1. The quilted panel.  Really?

2. The pulls that say to me that the slit was too high, or the skirt was too tight on the hips.

3. The belt was pulled so tight, it made this gorgeous woman has a muffin top.

Bulgari jewels completed her look.

Credit: Getty

, , , , , ,

Eva Longoria In Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition - ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Eva Longoria In Alberta Ferretti Limited Edition – ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Julianne Moore In Christian Dior Haute Couture - ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

Julianne Moore In Christian Dior Haute Couture – ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

27 Responses to Selena Gomez In Louis Vuitton – ‘The Dead Don’t Die’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere & Opening Ceremony

1. Guest May 16, 2019 at 10:14 am #

She looks lovely but yes, there’s something about the execution of this look that is just off. Not to mention it’s not Cannes-worthy at all.

2. Guest May 16, 2019 at 2:23 am #

I actually don’t mind the quilted panel – it’s the most interesting part of the look to me. Agree about the poor fit. There’s also something off about her makeup, as others have pointed out – she looks like she just got a facelift…somehow…

3. Sharon M May 15, 2019 at 11:36 am #

This is really awful. Very disappointing…she could have looked so much better. Who thought this was suitable for Cannes?

4. Guest May 15, 2019 at 10:41 am #

I don’t think that Selena’s done with Coach, I think that it’s just that Kate has always favored big brands for red carpets like this. Hair, makeup (love Hugh Vanngo), jewelry are all gorgeous, but the fit and the execution are off. I don’t mind the actual design of this, I like how she didn’t go all Lorealista on us, I like how she kept it on brand for a singer. This more youthful than some of the things she’s worn lately, I just can’t help but wish that there was bit more drama and thought put into this look.

5. Charlotte2019 May 15, 2019 at 4:56 am #

I agree with you FC,word by word.
    The quilted panel is a joke and she deserves so much better

6. Fiona23 May 15, 2019 at 12:53 am #

Not a fan – too much of a literal Madonna look and you are right the fit is off and the construction is not great – either quilt it all (which might be unflattering) or not – and the visible inside lining is not attractive. She doesn’t look very comfortable

7. Guest May 15, 2019 at 12:25 am #

her makeup looks soo good…it’s a pity about the dress!

8. SarahS95 May 15, 2019 at 12:22 am #

She really needs a new stylist I think! She has the potential to do so much better but this is just disappointing…
    Zoey Deutch’s style I think would really suit Selena – get Elizabeth Stewart on the phone girl and stat

9. Guest May 15, 2019 at 12:10 am #

I was gonna say at least she was getting paid well to wear such an ugly thing but then I remembered she left Vuitton for Coach…so at least she is healthy I guess?

10. Guest May 15, 2019 at 12:00 am #

LV needs to start doing better clothing or stop doing it at all. Selena is gorgeous. I wish she used her stardom to profile lesser known designers who would also make her look great like she deserves.

• Red Carpet Fashion Awards May 15, 2019 at 7:35 am #

I agree with you. Even if I am not a huge fan of the Jenners and the Hadids, they do wear a lot of up-and-coming designers a lot.

11. Guest May 14, 2019 at 10:20 pm #

I don’t hate this and think I would have actually really liked it had the skirt fit her properly.

12. Guest May 14, 2019 at 8:37 pm #

Unflattering and not Cannes Worthy

13. Guest May 14, 2019 at 8:30 pm #

….

14. Guest May 14, 2019 at 8:10 pm #

“I feel like everyone has been excited about this moment, excluding me.”

Me when I heard Margot Robbie is going to Cannes this year. I love her, but I’m not excited to see her wearing another hideous Chanel.

15. Guest May 14, 2019 at 8:03 pm #

Kate Young is soooo overrated, tbh. Her styling only looks good on Dakota Johnson.

16. Guest May 14, 2019 at 7:53 pm #

I mean her stylist/team can negotiate big fashion contracts but can’t pull a decent outfit for her? It looks so poorly thought-out and cheap and rushed. LV in general suck the life out of their ambassador’s style.

17. Guest May 14, 2019 at 7:52 pm #

LV must be stopped.
    I can’t say I’m a fan of her beauty look either. The eye makeup is very “I just learned how to do a winged eyeliner so don’t judge me” :/

• Guest May 14, 2019 at 8:12 pm #

Amen!

Poor Selena, she could’ve looked so, so gorgeous on her big night.

• Guest May 14, 2019 at 10:30 pm #

Amen.

18. Phee phee May 14, 2019 at 7:28 pm #

Its a bra top. nope.
    The necklace doesnt match the playful look of the dress.
    Her eye makeup looks odd.

19. OGCaroline May 14, 2019 at 7:02 pm #

So she’s back to wearing LV again once she got rid off Coach? Why does Kate Young hate Selena Gomez?

20. Guest May 14, 2019 at 7:02 pm #

I actually like this. I dont mind the belt. We’ve seen this a million times but Selena looks so good
    It’s an okay look, not bad, not groundbreaking

21. Guest May 14, 2019 at 6:48 pm #

Okay, but are we even surprise that LV send out a shitty look? i love nicholas but he is not a red carpet designer. The reason why celeb wears LV simply bcs the marketing team pushes it. I feel bad for both the celeb and designer. You can tell neither the party enjoys the work.

22. NZ May 14, 2019 at 6:38 pm #

Very disappointing. Her beauty look is great and her necklace is really pretty but sadly she’s not wearing something to match them.

23. HighPriestess May 14, 2019 at 6:27 pm #

Her face looks very pretty, but that dress is a big pile of no.

24. _Hannah_ May 14, 2019 at 6:24 pm #

I couldn’t agree with you more, Catherine. The idea is nothing new and the execution is so poor, it’s sad.