Menu

April 18, 2019

Gina Rodriguez Wears Oscar de la Renta For The 'Someone Great' Netflix Screening

Gina Rodriguez attended the LA screening of Netflix’s ‘Someone Great’ on Wednesday (April 17) in Hollywood.

Just this week, a reader asked me on Instagram, “why do celebrities wear Fall clothes in Spring/Summer?”

I informed them that in a pre-social media era, magazines wouldn’t get around to publishing their red carpet looks until their Fall issues, so their look would be current.

So their question becomes relevant here again with Gina, in the age of social media where your look is beamed around the world in 5 minutes – or less – of you walking the red carpet.

Why did Gina opt to wear this dark Oscar de la Renta Fall 2019 floral cloque with a floor sweeping train when trees are blooming with cherry blossoms?

I love to think that she saw this stunning gown on the rack presented by her stylists and instantly fell in love with it.

Yes, this gown screams premiere, not screening, but wouldn’t you always want to present your best self, no matter what the occasion?

I’m asking a lot of questions here, so what do you think?

Christian Louboutin pumps and Walters Faith jewels completed her look.

Oscar de la Renta Fall 2019

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

, , , , ,

Jessica Alba Is Back In Black Promoting 'LA's Finest'

Jessica Alba Is Back In Black Promoting ‘LA’s Finest’

Mandy Moore Supports The Eddie Bauer's Why I Hike Campaign In Bold Florals

Mandy Moore Supports The Eddie Bauer’s Why I Hike Campaign In Bold Florals

11 Responses to Gina Rodriguez Wears Oscar de la Renta For The ‘Someone Great’ Netflix Screening

1. Guest April 19, 2019 at 3:59 am #

More than anything its the fit that kills the look for me here – not the seasonal appropriateness. She is so lovely she should look good in anything and she doesn’t.

2. Phee phee April 18, 2019 at 10:39 pm #

I have to agree with the others here….The fit is not that pleasant. The length on her not right, too long. It looks so much better on the model.
    Also at the bust, unflattering.
    I also wish for more interesting shoes.
    While I do wish for more spring/summery like looks, it is the least of the issues here.

3. Guest April 18, 2019 at 10:33 pm #

Divine on the model. Fit is off on Gina

4. Guest April 18, 2019 at 4:31 pm #

Flawless on the model, don’t like it on Gina.

5. Guest April 18, 2019 at 3:46 pm #

I guess there’s cache in wearing the latest collections before they’re out for sale. Plus advertising for the designers.
    She looks nice and it’s gorgeous but it’s not the best advertising fit wise especially looking at it on the model. I prefer the sandals too.

6. RebeccaZ54 April 18, 2019 at 3:38 pm #

This dress does not seem seasonal to me. It is gorgeous.

7. Guest April 18, 2019 at 3:01 pm #

I have never seen Gina Rodriguez in something that fit her right and it’s super frustrating. She deserves to look great! Someone please do something!!

8. Paola102 April 18, 2019 at 2:25 pm #

It doesn’t sit or fit well. Nice colours though.

• Guest April 18, 2019 at 3:09 pm #

9. Guest April 18, 2019 at 1:32 pm #

Is the dress a size too small? It doesn’t flow like the dress on the runway (and obviously the bust area looks strange).

I like it it in theory, but now that the sun has been out for like 3 days I cannot think of wearing anything else than pretty summery frocks.

10. Guest April 18, 2019 at 12:59 pm #

Well, I would have fallen in love with this look too and not waited for fall 🙂
    I wish the bust was better fitted though… that smile is everything!