Menu

Sonam Kapoor In Stéphane Rolland Haute Couture - Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta Wedding Party

Sonam Kapoor attended the pre-wedding festivities of Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta in St. Moritz, Switzerland on Wednesday (March 13).

The theme for the evening was ‘Winter Wonderland’ and one could say her Stéphane Rolland Spring 2019 Haute Couture gown slotted into it without becoming obvious or cliché.

The voluminous piece certainly had a sense of wonder and under the blue lights, it had a frosty finish.

The dramatic cloud-like sleeves and skirt were in keeping with her love of all things dramatic.

Speckled with paint splatters and completed with an angular black bodice, it had an arresting finish that will likely sweep many off their feet.

Credit: WWD & Rhea Kapoor Instagram

, , ,

Keira Knightley In Valentino - 'The Aftermath' New York Screening

Keira Knightley In Valentino – ‘The Aftermath’ New York Screening

Normani In Adam Selman Sport - The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

Normani In Adam Selman Sport – The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon

23 Responses to Sonam Kapoor In Stéphane Rolland Haute Couture – Akash Ambani and Shloka Mehta Wedding Party

1. The original AB March 15, 2019 at 1:06 pm #

I don’t like this dress at all. She is gorgeous from the neck up.

2. phee March 15, 2019 at 5:58 am #

Argh. I cant. I hate the black slab on her chest. the sheer that attaches to her sleeves irks me cause its stretching and its noticeable. The fact that I see her legs just cheapen it even more.

3. brat March 15, 2019 at 4:24 am #

My Queen is serving ALL THE DRAMA. BDOTW.

This is perfection and her styling is always flawless, with so much attention to detail. I am always floored by how much so.

Anyone who thinks this is too showy has no familiarity with the ridiculous show-boating that goes on at the society functions of India’s super-rich. Sonam is considered a fashion icon in India, and rightfully so, she has a professional reputation to uphold.

4. CreoleLady March 14, 2019 at 9:32 pm #

She wore this? What did the bride-to-be wear, for heaven’s sake? A bit too attention-seeking for me.

• arwa March 14, 2019 at 11:27 pm #

Not all culture has this mentality: don’t over shadow the bride, because in certain culture no matter what the attendees were, people are coming for the bride.

• Tina K March 15, 2019 at 12:06 am #

The bride wore Ralph and Russo.

• JHH March 15, 2019 at 2:14 am #

I have seen other pictures from this party. It’s all about context. Sonam was no more attention seeking that the vast majority of people attending this event.

• CreoleLady March 15, 2019 at 5:24 am #

Fine, so she is no more attention-seeking than the vast majority. Just because the vast majority does it fails to make it any less attention-seeking to me.

• JHH March 15, 2019 at 6:16 am #

I guess I think that the phrase attention seeking is somehow meant to suggest that she was dressed up way more than everyone else at the event and I was trying to say that this is not the case. To paraphrase the Incredibles when everyone is attention seeking, no one will be.

• arwa March 15, 2019 at 8:14 pm #

Again, it’s not always about you, other cultures see things differently. In fact, some see “overdressing” as a sign of appreciation to that person who is getting married: I’m looking my best, because it’s your day I’m celebrating. Sometimes you need to be less of eurocentric.

• CreoleLady March 15, 2019 at 9:23 pm #

It IS about me if it is MY opinion. I get the cultural aspects and context — and I still think this outfit is attention-seeking. Let’s agree to disagree.

• miuccia March 17, 2019 at 10:24 am #

I am Indian and no one dresses more fancifully than the bride. Ignore arwa, you’re not being eurocentric at all and Sonam does look ridiculous. She has a reputation for being event-inappropriate anyway.

5. Kimma March 14, 2019 at 6:35 pm #

As a stand alone look it’s jaw droppingly awesome. I’ll probably vote for it in bdotw poll.

In the context of the event it feels too attention seeking.

6. JHH March 14, 2019 at 5:08 pm #

Sonam is bringing the drama. She looks great. The black panel looks like the black square used in videos to block out a person’s face and is a bit jarring but overall, I am here for this look.

7. Ruth March 14, 2019 at 4:31 pm #

Beautiful but anybody would look good in this dress even Rita ora

8. Jerusa Herrera March 14, 2019 at 3:25 pm #

BDOTY, yes is that good to me at least…

If this it what she wore to the PRE WEDDING, I can’t even imagine the bride…or let alone the wedding attiere.

9. TeaAtTwo March 14, 2019 at 3:06 pm #

The sheer panel between the bodice and sleeves feels jarring. I could see this for a Disney Premiere.

10. Ksenia Bradner March 14, 2019 at 1:36 pm #

I like it much better on her than on the runway.

11. meme March 14, 2019 at 1:28 pm #

DRAMA!!!! LOVE the drama of this dress. It looks even more amazing under the blue lights. She looks stunning. BDOTW candidate for me.

• AnnieOh March 14, 2019 at 4:35 pm #

12. Charlotte March 14, 2019 at 1:21 pm #

I don’t like the sheer panels, it brings nothin to the dress.
    Except for that, she looks great.
    Maybe a bit much for a pre-wedding party, but I’m not familiar with this type of events, so maybe it’s perfectly OK

• angela March 14, 2019 at 1:46 pm #

Last time that family paid Beyonce to perform at the pre wedding festivities, Hillary Clinton, Tony Blair made sure they attended every party then, and Maison Valentino in its history, for the very first time made an Indian lehnga for the bride. Cartier necklaces and private jets are spare change for these people but Sonam is always over dressed anyway so she fit right in.

• Charlotte March 14, 2019 at 2:49 pm #

Yes my comment was ironic 🙂
        Even the concept of “pre wedding” celebrations is quite unusual for us, the people!