Menu

February 28, 2019 Runway To Instagram

Kim Kardashian In Thierry Mugler Haute Couture - Thierry Mugler: Couturissime Exhibit

Kim Kardashian had another moment in vintage Thierry Mugler on Monday (February 25), while attended an exhibition at the Montréal Museum of Fine Arts honouring the 40 year history of Thierry Mugler.

On this occasion she wore a look from the Fall 1999 Haute Couture collection.

Her Grecian-inspired one-shoulder dress was styled with a Troy meets Athena gold bustier, resembling the most sultry armor you’ve ever seen.

Methinks less double-sided tape was needed for this look than her previous outing.

Considering Kim’s run of vintage Mugler and the three looks Cardi B wore to the Grammys, there’s no question that these placements have been in promotion of exhibition.

Does this look see Kim channel her inner Grecian-goddess, or are you unimpressed by this outing?

Credit: Vogue.com & Instagram

, , ,

Catherine Duchess of Cambridge In Mulberry & Jenny Packham - Cinemagic Visit

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Mulberry & Jenny Packham – Cinemagic Visit

Pippa Middleton In Temperley London - British Heart Foundation Beating Hearts Ball

Pippa Middleton In Temperley London – British Heart Foundation Beating Hearts Ball

29 Responses to Kim Kardashian In Thierry Mugler Haute Couture – Thierry Mugler: Couturissime Exhibit

1. Maya S. March 6, 2019 at 6:45 pm #

I think she looks great. The makeup is bit much but I will overlook that part. I appreciate the look. Definitely not something you see everyday; and for once, in a good way!

2. Gigi March 3, 2019 at 7:36 am #

A personal best for her. Why not throw her in the Best dressed of the week list?

3. pinksugar March 2, 2019 at 3:50 am #

Thierry Mugler was not made for the likes of Kim and never will be. I wish she would just leave it alone and stop making herself look even more foolish and tacky.

4. Nat123 March 1, 2019 at 6:22 pm #

First time in a really long time she looks great on an outfit without being too vulgar.

5. Amy March 1, 2019 at 7:48 am #

You know what? I think she looks great. The dress might be a bit costumey with the bodice or whatever but overall, it’s flattering on her unlike 80% of her usual attires.

6. Vuong March 1, 2019 at 2:00 am #

I am a big fan of Thierry Mugler vintage. It’s great to see many pieces from his old collections have been worn recently. Kim often makes whatever she wears fleshy and vulgar; however, this piece of art is an exception. She looks dainty and graceful. The runway is another level though.

I wish Thierry Mugler continued making haute couture. I love his vision.

• Fiona-Brasil March 1, 2019 at 11:01 am #

7. Nikki February 28, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

I don’t know why but this works for me. Sexy is her brand, and this is that. But the silhouette is a piece of art and she is the perfect canvas for that!

8. Nicki February 28, 2019 at 11:56 pm #

I don’t know why but this works for me. Sexy is her brand, and this is that. But the silhouette is a piece of art and she is the perfect canvas for that.

9. brat February 28, 2019 at 10:37 pm #

Ok the model is heavenly perfection in it. Kim can’t compete with that standard but I think she looks great nonetheless.

Anybody saying it looks too costumey on Kim but was praising Cardi B’s oyster/Ursula the Sea Witch COSTUME at the Grammy’s is trying to sell a huge double standard. As far as costumes go, she looks damn good.

• AnnieOh March 1, 2019 at 12:33 am #

• Jas March 1, 2019 at 1:56 am #

• MW March 1, 2019 at 8:46 am #

10. boy February 28, 2019 at 10:01 pm #

Much better! I saw a pic of her in a white Mugler mini and I liked that look too.

11. Lena February 28, 2019 at 9:52 pm #

Y’all would hate on what the person wears just because of the person, I’m not surprised going through the comments that you’re hating on Kim and what she’s wearing, well ladies get on board Kim is not going anywhere, wethere you like it or not she’s staying and not going anywhere, the kids today look up to her and her style, so you better just give up and get on board and stop with the silly hate, it’s just so disgusting because it’s coming from nothing but negativity it’s not even constructive criticism!

• meme March 1, 2019 at 12:10 am #

Great, she’s just a wonderful role model with her nude selfies and trashy clothes and massive plastic surgery. The entire family are greedy, self absorbed, plastic, vain, vacuous people and That they are so popular is a sad commentary on society.. Kim doesn’t have any style or class.

12. KEVIN RAPEAU February 28, 2019 at 9:45 pm #

This was one of the pieces I wanted to see Beyoncé in back in 2009 when she was working with Thierry Mugler for her I Am Tour.
    Kim makes anything look trashy, quite an accomplishment.

13. TeaAtTwo February 28, 2019 at 9:21 pm #

It looks serene fashion on the model but Kim looks as if she’s going in fancy dress to a Xena Warrior Princess fan convention.

• Caroline March 1, 2019 at 7:01 pm #

14. Fee February 28, 2019 at 8:54 pm #

This just reminds me of a cheap Halloween costume. The runway version is a vision!

• meme February 28, 2019 at 9:38 pm #

15. lulubelle February 28, 2019 at 8:18 pm #

it’s lovely on the model and trash on Kim.

16. Vizual Ninja February 28, 2019 at 8:11 pm #

“Methinks less double-sided tape was needed for this look”…..lol I love it. I much prefer this look for sure; the iridescent fabric is beautiful, I’m not liking the addition of that plasticy looking corset, takes away from light ethereal feel it has on the runway. I don’t like the hair either but her makeup is great as always.

• MW February 28, 2019 at 8:20 pm #

• JHH February 28, 2019 at 8:32 pm #

+1. As you say “that plasticy looking corset, takes away from light ethereal feel it has on the runway.” But it does draw attention to her shape and her breasts and Kim will always be here for that. It could be the pose but I am liking the draping around the hips on KK.

• JHH February 28, 2019 at 9:15 pm #

oops, I meant not liking.

• Amanda O'Flanagan March 1, 2019 at 12:03 am #

The runway model is also wearing the “plasticy looking corset”, hers is just more transparent around the breast area than Kim’s.

17. meme February 28, 2019 at 8:10 pm #

I am unimpressed. I am always unimpressed by what she wears. On the model, the dress is ethereal. On KK, it looks cheap and tacky.

18. Charlotte February 28, 2019 at 8:04 pm #

I’m surprised by how much I like this !
    I’m not a fan of the 90’s and yet I really like this look and I think her styling, hair and make up, works very well here.
    Plus, this dress is perfec for her (the color, the cut).
    It’s one of her best look in a long time.