Menu

February 13, 2019

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Calvin Klein – ‘The Wider Earth’ Gala Performance

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Calvin Klein -  'The Wider Earth' Gala Performance

Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, who is now around six months pregnant, attended a gala performance of ‘The Wider Earth’ in support of the Queen’s Commonwealth Trust and the Her Majesty’s Commonwealth Canopy project on Tuesday (February 12).

Going monochrome again, the Duchess kept things simple and chic channeling measured minimalism in a figure-hugging winter white Calvin Klein Resort 2019 dress and Amanda Wakeley coat.

The fern hued Ralph Lauren accessories were a bit underwhelming, but I’m thankful they weren’t black which would’ve created a harsh contrast.

With her hair styled into an elegant Audrey Hepburn-esque chignon, Vanessa Tugendhaft clover earrings added a finishing touch.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Mary J Blige In Ralph & Russo - Premiere Of Netflix's 'The Umbrella Academy'

Mary J Blige In Ralph & Russo – Premiere Of Netflix’s ‘The Umbrella Academy’

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Hailee Steinfeld In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture - Universal Music Group's 2019 After Party To Celebrate The GRAMMYs

Hailee Steinfeld In Giambattista Valli Haute Couture – Universal Music Group’s 2019 After Party To Celebrate The GRAMMYs

51 Responses to Meghan, Duchess of Sussex In Calvin Klein – ‘The Wider Earth’ Gala Performance

1. Laurie February 16, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

That’s a big bump for 6 months.

2. Paola Rabbath February 14, 2019 at 2:58 pm #

I other pictures the dress doesn’t pull as much. I could be the way she is standing. I like the look, but agree she has been using a little too much bronzer. However, like another commenter mentioned, it could be that she has blotchy skin or some other skin issue caused by pregnancy.
    Is that the same coat she wore here Catherine? https://www.redcarpet-fashionawards.com/2018/03/14/meghan-markle-catherine-duchess-cambridge-attend-commonwealth-day-services/commonwealth-day-service-reception-3/?

• Catherine Kallon February 14, 2019 at 3:35 pm #

It’s hard to tell. I will take a look at other pictures

• justme February 14, 2019 at 9:48 pm #

Yes, it’s the same coat.

3. bisbee February 14, 2019 at 12:34 pm #

She is 7 months pregnant, possibly almost 8. And I don’t think her legs look too shiny.

4. Jas February 14, 2019 at 5:07 am #

Here for the comments section lol! What is it about the royals that people get so touchy about?
    Nice look, but I would have loved her to wear the longer version of the dress.

5. Vizual Ninja February 14, 2019 at 2:56 am #

Meghan posts have become quite exhausting, I’ll never understand the hate people have for this lady. Anyhoo, wear white week for the royals! I like this look, somehow with the hairstyle and turtleneck it doesn’t look aging, instead it looks sophisticated.

• SilentVisitor February 14, 2019 at 2:40 pm #

She is the new Amal Clooney or Michelle Obama or any very famous lady with an OPINION

The absolute worst is other women attacking those who dare to speak; It will be great if we could just talk about fashion choices but when it goes into
      1) the level of moisturizer put on her legs;
      2) how her shoes are dirty,
      3) how she touches her bumps too much;
      4) how her heels are too high, etc.,
      then we have a problem

• Janelle February 14, 2019 at 6:52 pm #

I’ll stick to fashion. The coat is great. Considering this is her job essentially, then her dress is too tight, too thin material-wise, and too clingy for a work event. The turtleneck is not flattering the way it is cut and draped. As someone who is also a woman, that is my opinion.

• Done February 15, 2019 at 8:06 am #

Saying that someone’s dress is too tight and thin for a work event isn’t a fashion critique is a judgement. Is there some reason you’re trying act like her job is like some kind of office job? This is so unnecessary.

• Janelle February 19, 2019 at 10:06 pm #

I didn’t say it was an office job. But even if she was a salesperson in a clothing store for example, I would assume most retail places would prefer that their employees not wear ill-fitting clothes.

And I said her dress was too clingy for a work event. I did not say her dress was too tight or thin for a work event. You will note that there are commas in my sentence. Would you prefer if I just said her dress is too clingy in order to make it less of a “judgment” and more of a “fashion critique”? Then sure – her dress is too clingy. And by that, I am referring to the way it stretches and creases as well as the way it is clinging to her thighs. In my opinion, that is ill-fitting, regardless of who is wearing it. That is a “fashion critique” as I am critiquing her clothes.

• Wednesday February 14, 2019 at 9:54 pm #

yes, please! Unless women want to continue living in misogynist world, let’s stop being complicit by attacking others!

6. Nat123 February 14, 2019 at 1:02 am #

It is a more expensive version of the same look she wore to the animal shelter that was from H
    &M. Nothing to write home about it.

7. brat February 13, 2019 at 11:11 pm #

Catherine’s going to be so disappointed, all this sniping. Tsk tsk.

8. SilentVisitor February 13, 2019 at 9:18 pm #

Simple and chic

She is just stunning neck up…….

• Jess February 14, 2019 at 12:07 am #

Agreed, although I would say just her hair looks good. Her makeup is really heavy handed and oddly shiny. Not sure why they didn’t blot the oil off first.

The coat is divine but the dress should have been lined so that it’s not so clingy and creased. I don’t know if it is static or just the material.

9. Susannah February 13, 2019 at 8:45 pm #

I like this, it’s sort of a 60’s homage to Jackie Kennedy and Audrey Hepburn, very chic.

• Laura February 13, 2019 at 8:56 pm #

10. Kimma February 13, 2019 at 8:03 pm #

It’s pulling in many places and bunching around the chest. There’s a reason for choosing a specifically designed maternity dress and not just going up a few sizes.
    The combined neckline of the dress and the upturned collar are working against her too – making her seem wider.

• Lola February 13, 2019 at 9:20 pm #

Get over yourself. Can’t you see it’s stretch material? If course it’s gonna pull, that’s what stretch material is for. Clearly there’s nothing wrong with this, you’re just being childish

11. Caroline February 13, 2019 at 6:42 pm #

Nice and simple.

• justme February 13, 2019 at 7:10 pm #

12. TeaAtTwo February 13, 2019 at 6:28 pm #

It’s looks awkwardly ill fitting but I understand that her body is rapidly changing. On British connections watch with her label choices. The hair is nice.

13. Nico February 13, 2019 at 6:16 pm #

It would be nice to get to a place on the royals posts where the comments stick to fashion. It’s a little tiring to have to listen to women be criticized because her legs are too moisturized for some posters taste.

• Eni February 13, 2019 at 6:27 pm #

• Sunny February 13, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

• AnnieOh February 13, 2019 at 8:57 pm #

• Lola February 13, 2019 at 9:21 pm #

Yes. Thank you.

14. MW February 13, 2019 at 6:13 pm #

I cannot get over the poor fit of the dress, which gives off a messy vibe, and I think that the high neck/lack of visible neck isn’t very flattering. I would love to have the coat and the pumps in my office wardrobe.

You could see her belly button in other pictures, which is another issue I had with the dress.

• olga February 13, 2019 at 6:33 pm #

I agree about the ill-fitting dress and the unflattering high neck.
      I’m also not the biggest fan of that hairstyle on her

• MW February 13, 2019 at 6:47 pm #

I agree on the hairstyle. It is quite ageing and very much not her style.

• Tiffany February 13, 2019 at 9:29 pm #

How is her look messy/unflattering? I’m sure when she left the house she looked fine. People sit in cars on their way to places, did you want her to stand? Stop nitpicking. Clearly she’s rubbing you lot up the wrong way cause she’s putting your precious Kate to shame with her work ethic and all you’ve got to criticize her with is “it’s messy/unflattering/legs/moisturizer. Really?! Wow the jealously is real here.

• brat February 13, 2019 at 10:13 pm #

Kate currently holds 22 patronages as does Prince Harry, and is active in all of them. Meghan’s at less than 4 right now and it will take time to work her way up, but one day I imagine she’ll hold that same level of responsibility. The Queen is 92 though still working, she has a lot of patronages to pass down and little time left to distribute them.

Kate is a mother of 3 young children, and is beloved by the British public. In fact, most would prefer for Charles to just step aside and give the throne to Will and Kate, I think it’s safe to say your opinion of her is in the minority.

• elie February 13, 2019 at 11:22 pm #

She’s right in her comments. The ones who criticise meghan the most, love to compare her with kate. But the real majority here and in GB is that people do not care about royals at all. So how about you just talk about fashion like everyone else?

• brat February 13, 2019 at 11:28 pm #

um my comment was in response to someone who veered AWAY from fashion to “jealousy” and “work ethic”. Clearly, you can’t read. Try and keep up.

• elie February 14, 2019 at 1:00 am #

You basically wrote a commment to defend kate talking about her activities and her family. Who cares? It’s a fashion blog . So no my comment still stand for you.

• Shuzzz February 18, 2019 at 3:21 am #

Agree with u!

• MW February 13, 2019 at 11:33 pm #

Save your rant for someone else, please. I am not in any way commenting on my preferences for either royal (how could I, I don’t know the people! Also what the hell does Kate have to do with what Meghan wears) or her shape/beauty or accomplishments or whatever. This site is not about that, it’s literally dedicated to people expressing their opinion on the fit/style/colour of clothes worn by public persons.

I respectfully expressed my opinion on the dress, I personally think that going to a gala with excess material bunching up at the bust is sloppy and does not look chique/sleek.

I refuse to be bullied away from expressing my opinion about a dress (not the person, people!) by charges of jealousy and what not.

• Allison February 14, 2019 at 12:10 am #

Tiffany, you’re arguing that Meghan’s legs shouldn’t be mentioned, on a post that doesn’t even mention her legs. You’re also alleging the comments about her fashion style are due to some sort of preference for Kate, on a post that doesn’t even mention Kate.

This is a fashion blog. People are allowed to say that the fashion style is not to their liking, that it is messy, ill-fitting etc. Just because you disagree does not mean that poster is “jealous”.

15. Anne-Marie February 13, 2019 at 5:43 pm #

It would be nice if she would ditch the heavy bronzer and that olive oil on her legs.

• brat February 13, 2019 at 6:34 pm #

hey hey hey now. I use moisturizing oil on my legs before I step out lol. Lotion doesn’t cut it during cold, dry weather.

• James February 13, 2019 at 7:01 pm #

She is half Black. If she doesn’t moisturize her skin daily, she ‘ll end up with a crocodile skin. In winter even more so. I don’t get the bronzer thing though as she is naturally tanned.

• Anne-Marie February 13, 2019 at 7:21 pm #

Nothing wrong with moisturising, it just seems a bit too much but that is my personal opinion which I’m entitled to have. Nothing offensive in my comment.

• JHH February 13, 2019 at 8:56 pm #

You are, of course, entitled to your opinion. But really, are her legs that shiny that they look like she has olive oil on them? Or is it that you want her to wear tights?

• James February 13, 2019 at 9:10 pm #

It’s too much for someone with a different skin tone as hers. When you are pregnant your skin gets too dry especially as a woman of color. It’s never too much for us as it hydrates our skin. The bronzer on the other hand is unhealthy for her and she should ditch it until she has had her baby at least.

• JHH February 13, 2019 at 10:59 pm #

When I was pregnant with my second child I had acne and blotchy skin which was shocking to me because I had never had either before. I wonder if the Duchess has the same issue and is trying to cover up with makeup. Recall her beautiful lightly made-up wedding face and compare it to now.

16. brat February 13, 2019 at 5:05 pm #

I love this dress/coat combo. Her highlighter/bronzer is getting much too heavy, it looks like it was applied with a paint brush.

17. JHH February 13, 2019 at 4:45 pm #

Fine and forgettable which I think is her aim. I like it but I will not remember it.

18. meme February 13, 2019 at 4:44 pm #

This is gorgeous on Meghan. Love her hair also. Simple, chic and very elegant.

• Lola February 13, 2019 at 9:23 pm #