Menu

18.01.19 Premiere

‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2 Premiere

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features 'Star Trek: Discovery' Season 2 Premiere

Sonequa Martin-Green and Rebecca Romijn showcased their galactic styles at the premiere of ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2 in New York City on Thursday (January 17).

Sonequa Martin-Green: This Jean Paul Gaultier-inspired Faith Connexion Collection black lace dress was a good idea in theory, but that one-bold shoulder rendered this a litte dated. Without the padding I may have viewed this more favorably, as I love the metallic green lip and fish-bone earrings. Off-White C/o Jimmy Choo ‘Victoria’ pumps completed her look.

Rebecca Romijn: Showing a lot of skin without showing too much skin, the actress took a risk wearing a navy velvet peep-hole dress with Sarah Flint sandals.

Was it a risk that paid off?

Credit: Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon features Saks Fifth Avenue Hosts Jason Wu Luncheon Kate Bosworth Linda Cardellini Camilla Belle

Saks Fifth Avenue Hosts Jason Wu Luncheon

NET-A-PORTER's The Colombian Collective

NET-A-PORTER’s The Colombian Collective

10 Responses to ‘Star Trek: Discovery’ Season 2 Premiere

1. Jas January 21, 2019 at 2:51 am #

Both looks seem very dated to me, but I appreciate the coordination.

2. Ksenia Bradner January 18, 2019 at 7:33 pm #

Rebecca looks amazing. The dress is perfect on her.

3. Brooke January 18, 2019 at 6:24 pm #

Both could be more successful outings with a few edits.

Sonequa’s needs more work – the shape should be tailored at the shoulder and a mesh insert would’ve been more on-theme (and better defined the interesting cutouts) than the lace; a sharper (or simpler!) shoe would’ve complemented that. From the neck up, she’s perfect! But from the neck down, too ‘half-snatched widow’s weeds’ for this turn.

Rebecca’s frock looks better than it has a right to do, but her shoes aren’t great. A more muted hue and better fit would fix this – that particular silver’s too focus-pulling (her poor toes).

4. TeaAtTwo January 18, 2019 at 5:21 pm #

I don’t like Sonequa’s outfit at all. I like Rebecca’s outfit a little bit because of the presentation.

5. Caroline January 18, 2019 at 5:01 pm #

I think both looks are on-theme and the ladies look good.

6. JHH January 18, 2019 at 3:30 pm #

Rebecca looks great ankles up — no escaping pinkie toe shoes from me. Sonequa’slook is dated and too fussy. Her shoes are not my favorite.

7. Denise January 18, 2019 at 3:12 pm #

For Sonya huge no.She is beautiful of course but WDOTY contender for me.Rebecca looks nice.

8. Denise January 18, 2019 at 3:08 pm #

I don’t get this. Any of it. WDOTY contender for me.

9. Hannah January 18, 2019 at 3:04 pm #

Rebecca Romijn – the risk paid off – she looks stunning!
    Sonequa Martin-Green – I don’t like her dress at all, but the accessories are great. Love the shoes and earrings.

10. Vizual Ninja January 18, 2019 at 2:59 pm #

There is way too much going with Sonequa’ dress but her face is gorgeous she pulls off that lipstick well, I like the shoes too. I wish Rebecca went with ediger styling cause it’s a hot dress but she does look good.