Menu

Isabelle Huppert joined Juliette Binoche on the red carpet for the closing ceremony of 1st Hainan International Film Festival on Sunday (December 16) in Sanya, Hainan Province of China.

The French actress also opted for a French fashion house in Christian Dior.

I have been referring to these Dior Haute Couture gowns as nude – which is how they appear to the naked eye – but Dior says they are dusky pink.

This particular ball gown is more captivating that some of the others with its layers of chantilly lace, and sunray-pleated point d’esprit.

My biggest surprise is how this look didn’t wash her out.

A Dior Joaillerie Bois de Rose ring and earrings with pink gold and diamonds completed this dusky pink outing.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features Saoirse Ronan In Malin Dalin - SiriusXM

Saoirse Ronan In Malin Dalin & Monse – SiriusXM & Late Night with Seth Meyers

Fashion Blogger Catherine Kallon Features Amber Heard In Chloé - The Late Late Show with James Corden

Amber Heard In Chloé – The Late Late Show with James Corden

15 Responses to Isabelle Huppert In Christian Dior Haute Couture – 1st Hainan International Film Festival Closing Ceremony

1. Chris December 19, 2018 at 2:25 pm #

So gorgeous, she looks amazing!

2. TeaAtTwo December 19, 2018 at 9:33 am #

Call it what you want, it still looks just nude. I don’t know what MGC’s obsession with picking one mundane colour and making a theme for an entire collection. A lace ball gown is classic and entwined with the house of Dior but thankful for her hair colour to not make this so one-note.

3. VG December 19, 2018 at 9:07 am #

It’s a gorgeous dress and she looks stunning! BDOTW contender for me

4. Bente Keydal December 19, 2018 at 6:27 am #

I totally agree. She isn’t washed out, but looks gorgeous.

5. High Priestess December 18, 2018 at 11:05 pm #

I usually hate this color, but she looks amazing.

6. Caroline December 18, 2018 at 9:34 pm #

I think she looks gorgeous and ethereal.

7. Jerusa Herrera December 18, 2018 at 8:56 pm #

Excuse my ignorance, I mean no disrespect, but why is Dior so popular on the redcarpet?

• DorianGray December 18, 2018 at 9:49 pm #

Because LVMH (Dior parent company) has a lot of budget to spend in celebrity coverage. It’s the same reason you see a lot of Louis Vuitton, Givenchy, Celine and Fendi on celebrities.

• Jerusa Herrera December 19, 2018 at 3:14 am #

Well that explains it, but they should be investing more on their designs :/

Thank you so much for answering.

8. Tina K December 18, 2018 at 8:09 pm #

The seamstresses are keeping Dior alive, their unmatched craftsmanship is what keeps people still engaged in such repetitive, mundane and done to death looks, otherwise Maria is taking the house to the dogs. The houses designs were known for their exclusivity, now Maria shamelessly repeats designs and still copies from several small brands from across the world despite Dior facing several lawsuits because of her. And since Isabelle is never sans sleeves she should choose dresses that have sleeves in them originally and not just have sleeves added to any gown she likes, they look odd here.

• meme December 18, 2018 at 8:11 pm #

+1 … though the dress is beautiful, I’m so sick of that washed out color. Agree the sleeves look strange on Isabelle’s version of the dress. Why is she never sans sleeves?

• miszzel December 18, 2018 at 8:48 pm #

+2 So true, sad how Dior became this. I miss Galliano and even Simmons, Maria is really doing a terrible job.

• meme December 18, 2018 at 9:04 pm #

Galliano was genius at Dior. Absolute genius.

• DorianGray December 18, 2018 at 9:45 pm #

I really like Maria Grazia Chiuri ideas for Dior.
      She brings back the elegance of the maison. Her dresses may not be fashion forward but they sell a lot. I even like her bags and shoes, some are very practical, others are already iconic (like the Dior book tote). She often repeats the same silhouette, it’s true, but I think it suits almost every woman/girl.

• Santiago December 19, 2018 at 12:59 am #

Maria Grazia has not much grace.