Menu

November 5, 2018

Nicki Minaj In Versace – 2018 MTV EMAs

Nicki Minaj In Versace - 2018 MTV EMAs

Nicki Minaj picked up the Best Hip Hop and Best Look awards at the 2018 MTV EMAs on Sunday (November 4) in Bilbao, Spain, wearing two Versace outfits.

Red Carpet: The rapper wore a custom-made Versace silver Swarovski crystal mesh bodysuit paired with an flowing silver skirt. I love the metallic Medusa mask adorned in Swarovski crystals, but the gold harness was perhaps one detail too far here.

Nicki Minaj In Versace - 2018 MTV EMAs

Performance: For the first live performance of ‘Woman Like Me’ alongside Little Mix, the she wore her second custom Versace look. Yep. It was another bodysuit.  This one incorporated the print from the Spring 2019 menswear collection with multi-coloured flowers and chain details. Paired with matching socks and gloves, as a performance piece, it was always sure to grab attention. Much like her dancers, who all wore a coordinating print from the Men’s Spring 2019 runway, adorned with Medusa accessories and the Palazzo sneakers.

Credit: Getty

Amandla Stenberg In Ralph & Russo - 22nd Annual Hollywood Film Awards

Amandla Stenberg In Ralph & Russo – 22nd Annual Hollywood Film Awards

Thandie Newton In Schiaparelli - 2019 Breakthrough Prize Ceremony

Thandie Newton In Schiaparelli – 2019 Breakthrough Prize Ceremony

19 Responses to Nicki Minaj In Versace – 2018 MTV EMAs

1. Guest November 6, 2018 at 12:12 am #

Love the performance look but LOATHE the footwear. The red carpet look is cheap and try-hard.

• Guest November 6, 2019 at 10:54 am #

Baby the red carpet look was cheap? A costumed made Versace silver Swarovski crystal mesh bodysuit w/ floating silver skirt? CHEAP?!! Please don’t ever call something cheap that you can’t afford!

Also, this isn’t a TrY hArD look! This is an alter-ego look, and we don’t expect someone as dumb as you to understand that. I guess you failed to noticed that Nicki only wears heavy makeup and crazy outfits when she’s acting for her alter-egos. You don’t even have to fuck with her like that because Nicki’s looks change but from Alter Ego to Onika.

2. Caroline November 6, 2018 at 1:12 am #

3. Guest November 5, 2018 at 8:52 pm #

The makeup on the red carpet is a textbook example of when baking and contouring go very, very wrong. The makeup artist really should be fired — I thought that blending was Makeup Artist 101. I can’t get with the yellow stuff that I think is supposed to resemble hair. The red carpet dress is a good look for Nicki but the harness should have fit better and the mask is try hard, of course as per, but at least it’s interesting and hides some of the makeup.

4. JHH November 5, 2018 at 9:52 pm #

5. Guest November 5, 2018 at 6:48 pm #

Yawn

6. AnderBoBo November 5, 2018 at 7:48 pm #

Yawn

7. Guest November 5, 2018 at 6:12 pm #

It always feels a bit try hard.

8. TeaAtTwo November 5, 2018 at 7:12 pm #

It always feels a bit try hard.

9. Guest November 5, 2018 at 6:09 pm #

I never understand why her make-up artist does her make-up so harshly, she’s a naturally pretty woman, all of that isn’t necessary. I like nothing about the RC look but the performance look is fun and fulfills it’s purpose.

10. Vizual Ninja November 5, 2018 at 7:09 pm #

11. Guest November 5, 2018 at 6:01 pm #

i intensely dislike all of it, including the mask. garish and gauche.

12. meme November 5, 2018 at 7:01 pm #

i intensely dislike all of it, including the mask. garish and gauche.

13. Guest November 5, 2018 at 5:49 pm #

No to everything! And her makeup on the red carpet ufff awful, someone is getting fired

14. Jerusa Herrera November 5, 2018 at 6:49 pm #

15. Guest November 5, 2018 at 5:37 pm #

While I hate that yellow blond wig, this is the best I’ve ever seen her look. While she could have done w/o the harness, it doesn’t detract for me. I adore this gown on her and that mask!

16. brat November 5, 2018 at 6:37 pm #