Menu

November 2, 2018 Premiere, Runway To Red Carpet

Misty Copeland In Fendi – ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms ‘ London Premiere

Misty Copeland In Fendi - ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms ‘ London Premiere

While the red carpet attendees at ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms’ LA premiere were in perfect unison, ballet dancer Misty Copeland, who also stars in the film, went against the grain for her red carpet look at the London premiere on Thursday (November 1).

I felt like she clashed with her co-stars in this black Fendi Pre-Fall 2017 dress with an asymmetric hemline.

Yep, they are not a girl band, and the dress code didn’t officially require her to wear a white or pink gown, but to be honest, aside from the clash, I’m not a fan of this look to begin with.

My guess is that Halloween was in mind when this dress was selected, due to its dark and mysterious nature plus the blood-hued lining.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Mackenzie Foy In Rodarte - ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms ‘ London Premiere

Mackenzie Foy In Rodarte – ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms ‘ London Premiere

KiKi Layne In Carolina Herrera - 'If Beale Street Could Talk' SCAD Savannah Film Festival Screening

KiKi Layne In Carolina Herrera – ‘If Beale Street Could Talk’ SCAD Savannah Film Festival Screening

8 Responses to Misty Copeland In Fendi – ‘The Nutcracker and the Four Realms ‘ London Premiere

1. Caroline November 2, 2018 at 8:50 pm #

Everything about this is wrong.

2. Laura November 2, 2018 at 2:31 pm #

Would have loved the look without the necklace.

• Jerusa Herrera November 2, 2018 at 4:30 pm #

+1 that necklace was sooooooo unnecessary!

3. TeaAtTwo November 2, 2018 at 12:26 pm #

I was wondering if the keyhold had been filled in and the dress and the lining were the same colour and removing the necklace would have got me to like this look but I’m not sure even then.

4. Noemi November 2, 2018 at 12:05 pm #

I would like the dress without that part of the bodice, there’s too much going on and the necklace is too much with it.

5. CreoleLady November 2, 2018 at 10:44 am #

I can’t help but think that she, as the actual ballerina of the group, did not want to dress like one.

On a separate but perhaps related note, why is she in a 2017 Fendi? I also wonder if she were offered the same dress options as the others. The cynic in me looks at the sole person of color in the group and says “no”.

6. phee November 2, 2018 at 7:45 am #

Just doesn’t quite work. For me, its the hi low skirt plus the styling. Its jut not gelling.

7. Vizual Ninja November 2, 2018 at 4:51 am #

Love Misty but I agree with you FC, she stands out but not in a good way in the pictures of them together. Maybe she plays a villain? I like the geometric design on the bodice but it’s all let down by uninspired styling, esp that necklace.