Menu

Freida Pinto In Uel Camilo – 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Freida Pinoto attended the 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards on Saturday (February 25) in Santa Monica, California.

My first reaction to her look was, “this ain’t your style”.

The yellow hue of this Uel Camilo lace gown is gorgeous on Freida, but I can’t help but feel disappointed she went down the much worn “sheer gown” path.

At this stage of awards season I like to be wowed, not fatigued.

Nicholas Kirkwood ‘Penelope’ pearl sandals, an Edie Parker ‘Jean’ clutch and Harry Kotlar canary diamonds earrings completed her look.

Nicholas Kirkwood ‘Penelope’ pearl sandals

Credit: Uel Camilo & Getty

Kate Beckinsale In Pamella Roland - 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Kate Beckinsale In Pamella Roland – 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Janelle Monáe In Salvatore Ferragamo - 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards

Janelle Monáe In Salvatore Ferragamo – 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards

19 Responses to Freida Pinto In Uel Camilo – 2017 Film Independent Spirit Awards

1. easyBlake February 27, 2017 at 4:23 am #

I agree with previous comments that this dress gives red carpet deja vu, and the illusion netting is spot on. It’s nice, but underwhelming.

2. Maz February 26, 2017 at 8:45 am #

Its so weird…first the maria lucia hohan from the pre oscar party and now this?! Neither of these designers seem in her wheelhouse at all…and look at the results. She’s so classy….stay classy Freida!

• Catherine Kallon February 26, 2017 at 4:18 pm #

Yes. I wonder if she has a new stylist. I did kinda applaud the Maria Lucia look as it nice to see people switch things up. But if the cut-out/sheer style is to become her new style, I will be very disappointed

• Maz March 6, 2017 at 7:32 pm #

Yes agree – I suppose the colour of the Maria Lucia Hohan was delicious at least! x

3. Nicola February 26, 2017 at 7:46 am #

Also, aren’t the Spirit awards a little more low-key than this? Doesn’t really seem event appropriate.

• Catherine Kallon February 26, 2017 at 4:18 pm #

I think she’s on the something new path. Lets hope it improves.

4. Alina February 26, 2017 at 6:24 am #

The colour is amazing on her, but I agree with the others, this does look kinda cheap.

I also feel like someone else has worn this dress or a very similar one before.

5. Rashmi February 26, 2017 at 3:10 am #

Thoroughly annoyed to see the tacky bottom half of the dress, because the color is gorgeous on her, the illusion is perfect, her head styling is great and she looks beautiful.. sighhh

6. quimby February 26, 2017 at 2:24 am #

Enough with the gratuitous sheers already! Props for getting a decent skin tone match for the illusion netting though.

7. Pheephee February 26, 2017 at 2:24 am #

No no no… I’m surprised she chose this, she usually has such great classy taste!

8. Amber February 26, 2017 at 1:02 am #

She needs a new stylist! And she is not a Bollywood star..

9. Yoanna Ilieva February 25, 2017 at 11:05 pm #

This looks like a sheer gown you ordered from a questionable Chinese website.

• Gal February 26, 2017 at 12:21 am #

Yeah an Ali Express special

• AnderBoBo February 26, 2017 at 12:37 am #

omg yes, I think it would have looked better but for the poor fit around her hips.

• amy February 27, 2017 at 10:55 am #

exactly. I can’t believe q red cqrpet vet like freida chose this crap

10. Rome February 25, 2017 at 10:53 pm #

I think she looks great. BTW she has no connection to bollywood not a so called “bollywood star”

11. Christine February 25, 2017 at 10:23 pm #

Yep, agreed. She is way better than this.

12. Chris February 25, 2017 at 10:22 pm #

“At this stage of awards season I like to be wowed, not fatigued.” > Agreed. I also don’t think a sheer gown is what you should wear to the Indie Spirit Awards… if this was some music awards show, I would have been like, *sigh*, at least it’s a pretty color and she looks good, but here and now, it’s like, just… don’t… please..

13. Nadine Hughey February 25, 2017 at 10:20 pm #

I’ve missed seeing Freida without you, Katherine. And I’m gonna say I like the dress.