Menu

December 23, 2015 Best Of

Best Newcomer 2015 – Daisy Ridley

Posted by Rachel Watkins

Best Newcomer 2015 - Daisy Ridley

You don’t have to be a Jedi super-fan to appreciate the charm of Daisy Ridley, who appears in the highly anticipated ‘Star Wars: The Force Awakens.’

New to the scene, the British starlet has immediately channeled the force of fashion with an impressive lineup of looks for the film’s promo tour. She’s already snagged Best Dressed of the Week for the light-as-air whimsicality of her Chloe sheer white polka-dot dress.

And, although she’s a newcomer, she’s none to shy to step out in a variety of styles, moving deftly from ethereal confections to a Christian Dior checquered pant suit and a vintage-inspired, girly Chanel frock.

Staking her red-carpet claim with fun, youthful sophistication, she’s a force to be reckoned with.

Credit: Getty

Best Dressed Couple 2015 - Benedict Cumberbatch & Sophie Hunter

Best Dressed Couple 2015 – Benedict Cumberbatch & Sophie Hunter

Best Ensemble Cast 2015 – ‘Spectre’

Best Ensemble Cast 2015 – ‘Spectre’

13 Responses to Best Newcomer 2015 – Daisy Ridley

1. Nat39 December 28, 2015 at 11:40 pm #

100% agree with this choice. An overall good level/solid start with consistently polished execution and choices with elements of interest.

2. The original AB December 23, 2015 at 4:51 pm #

I haven’t been bowled over by any of her looks so I don’t agree with this choice.

3. Dee December 23, 2015 at 1:45 pm #

I liked a few of her looks but she isn’t the best newcomer to me.

4. Ariya December 23, 2015 at 12:24 pm #

Voted for her!
    She was amazing considering this literally is her first movie.

5. Zineb December 23, 2015 at 11:52 am #

Both Lily James and Daisy are newcomers. Daisy’s promo tour doesn’t even come close to the jaw-dropping stellar and diverse Cinderella promo tout that Lily James had scoring even a spot on the Top 10 list. So I truly don’t understand this choice. Lily James IS the best 2015 newcomer. Sorry readers, you got it wrong.

• james December 23, 2015 at 1:41 pm #

I disagree. Lily James was as banal as any other blonde starlet. Her style was too princessey and it got really repetitive all along the promo. We need a promo which is diverse, different cuts, hair styles, …She basically worn Elie Saab and other designers that had the same style over and over again. Daisy on the other hand, has shown a very eclectic style and it’s a refreshing change.

• Zineb December 23, 2015 at 2:13 pm #

And I disagree. Her promo tour WAS diverse with different cuts and hair styles. Are we talking about the same person here? Did you have a look at this ?

She played CINDERELLA in a movie called CINDERELLA, I’m guessing she should’ve attended the Cinderella Premiere and the Cinderella presentation at Disneyland Resort in a suggestive Atelier Versace dress or a Dior suit. Complaining about how an actress looked princessy in a Cinderella movie Premiere is unrealistic.

• Chris December 23, 2015 at 2:57 pm #

Yay, happy for this one as well. =) Definitely the best newcomer and like my second favorite promo tour this year, after Naomie Harris. Considering these were her first ever big premieres, I was very happy about the fashion-forward, interesting choices.

• Chris December 23, 2015 at 2:58 pm #

whoops, I hit the wrong button, I didn’t mean to reply to the comment, it’s obviously not a reply to that.

6. Yeliz December 23, 2015 at 11:14 am #

I’ve voted for Tessa Thompson, since we didn’t see that much of Daisy’s style to call her best newcomer of the year.

• Christine December 23, 2015 at 11:20 am #

Thank you. Agreed with this too.

7. Alina December 23, 2015 at 11:07 am #

Daisy is a lovely addition to the fashion scene, but Tessa Thompson was my pick for this category.

• Christine December 23, 2015 at 11:19 am #

Same. Thought Tessa had a better run.