Menu

October 21, 2015

Posted by Catherine Kallon

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Dolce & Gabbana and Jenny Packham - President of the Peoples Republic of China State Visit

The President of the People’s Republic of China, Mr Xi Jinping and his wife, Madame Peng Liyuan, paid a State Visit to the United Kingdom as guests of the Queen.

State Dinner: The royal family hosted a dinner party on Tuesday (October 20) where Catherine was looking ever so regal wearing a bespoke Jenny Packham red gown with a pearl and diamond Lotus Flower tiara. It’s a shame there are no full length pictures, as this is the first time in a while I have been excited about a look from the Duchess.

Creative Event: Earlier today (October 21), despite the downpour, Catherine surprisingly didn’t go the coat/dress route. Instead she wore a chic high neck burgundy dress from Dolce & Gabbana which she of course styled with matching accessories.

While I like both looks, I was curious as to why Catherine didn’t opt for any Chinese designers as Michelle Obama had done in recent weeks while hosting the Chinese President.

589772_in_pp

You can buy Catherine’s Dolce & Gabbana Lace Dress from Net-A-Porter.com.

Credit: Getty

Sienna Miller In Rodarte - 'Burnt' New York Premiere

Sienna Miller In Rodarte – ‘Burnt’ New York Premiere

Camilla Belle In Monique Lhuillier - CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Show

Camilla Belle In Monique Lhuillier – CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund Show

54 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Dolce & Gabbana and Jenny Packham – President of the Peoples Republic of China State Visit

1. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Wow

I’m in love with the first look! Flawless

2. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

I stand by my point as Vera is a Chinese/American designer and was purposely worn for the visit of the Chinese president. The heritage part you have pointed out only makes what I say relevant, despite this comments attempt to make it the opposite.

3. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

If she could wear Italian she could wear Chinese/ American

4. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Her shoe choice for the Dolce was poor

5. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Hey Christine, the half-photo is great, because her shoes would be a bloody bore 🙂

Cate and her stylist have little imagination with styling and designers. She could be in Russia and her stylist wouldn’t have the sense to dress her in Russian designers such as Alexander Terekhhov or Vilshenko, both of whom have runway designs that are in Cate’s alley anyway.

She is always a snooze one way or another.

6. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

I agree about not wearing Chinese designers.

But her first look is a stunner! Shame about the half photo.

7. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Words cannot even begin to explain how much I love these! She looks absolutely glowing in that tiara and red Jenny Packham dress. These are the best of Kate’s looks that we have seen a long time. BDOTW worthy for sure 🙂

8. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Can’t win, can she?

9. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

She looks so out of place wearing a tiara. I like the gown on her but its begging for more diamonds since she doesnt have any royal orders (especially after seeing her in the same shot as the Queen who is decked out!).
    The Dolce is great on her, she always looks fantastic in deep colors like that. I just dont quite get why she is wearing an Italian designer to British event as part of a Chinese state visit.

10. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Absolutely love both looks. Adore the Jenny Packham look especially because I’m very excited to see her wearing a tiara. And the Dolce & Gabbana look is just gorgeous, that colour is so beautiful and season appropriate.

11. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Both looks are perfection from h2t!She looks soo pretty!

12. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Both are good. But I love the red dress with the tiara. Not so sure about the two bracelets but I can bypass that. love the red on her.

13. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

FC,I know you don’t take requests from readers any more,but while you’re at it,Would you please cover some of Madame Pengliyuan’s outfits?

14. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Of course, she can go no wrong in anything but this red dress is a real mind-blower.

15. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

this is slightly better than usual. however it’s far from stunning

16. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

same 😀

17. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Keep coming back to this. The state dinner look may just be my new favourite look of hers (maybe my favourite look of hers full-stop). The blue coat the other day was nice too, good week for Kate in primary colours.

18. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Red. Tiara. All I need.

The other dress does the job perfectly. Adequate for autumn, though not my style personally.

19. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

I love the Packham gown, such a shame there aren’t more photos of her in it. I like the second look but the hair weighs it down. I’m still not on board with the bangs.

20. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Oh, the Jenny Packham looks really nice!

21. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Absolutely IN LOVE with her D&G dress. Flawless.

22. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

I loved the Packham gown and her hair up with the tiara was lovely. I think the D&G lace dress is pretty but seems more like a cocktail dress than a morning outfit but she looks good none the less.

23. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

She looks so good in the red dress !

24. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Both looks are LOVELY! The colour of that D&G just looks so good on her with her hair.

25. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Love the D&G, h2t. She looks good in red although the cap sleeves aren’t my favorite element. Much prefer the D&G.

26. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

Both dresses look amazing on her!

27. Guest April 14, 2019 at 8:48 pm #

“I was curious as to why Catherine didn’t opt for any Chinese designers as Michelle Obama had done in recent weeks while hosting the Chinese President.” For what it’s worth, Vera Wang was born and raised in the U.S. While she is of Chinese heritage, I would consider her a distinctly American designer, rather than a Chinese one.

28. Pedro October 22, 2015 at 5:19 pm #

Wow

I’m in love with the first look! Flawless

29. kane October 22, 2015 at 12:29 pm #

Red. Tiara. All I need.

• Catherine Kallon October 22, 2015 at 6:58 pm #

same 😀

• kane October 28, 2015 at 10:00 am #

30. Amy October 22, 2015 at 8:29 am #

this is slightly better than usual. however it’s far from stunning

31. Guest October 22, 2015 at 6:16 am #

32. Charlotte October 22, 2015 at 1:20 am #

33. Phoenix October 21, 2015 at 10:54 pm #

34. Fiona-Brasil October 21, 2015 at 10:09 pm #

Both looks are perfection from h2t!She looks soo pretty!

35. Yeliz October 21, 2015 at 8:47 pm #

36. molly October 21, 2015 at 8:30 pm #

• kane October 22, 2015 at 12:28 pm #

Can’t win, can she?

37. Della October 21, 2015 at 7:52 pm #

38. Christine October 21, 2015 at 7:51 pm #

I agree about not wearing Chinese designers.

But her first look is a stunner! Shame about the half photo.

• sophie October 21, 2015 at 8:54 pm #

She is always a snooze one way or another.

39. Lee Ann October 21, 2015 at 7:46 pm #

Her shoe choice for the Dolce was poor

40. Lee Ann October 21, 2015 at 7:45 pm #

If she could wear Italian she could wear Chinese/ American

41. JB October 21, 2015 at 6:45 pm #

• Catherine Kallon October 21, 2015 at 7:34 pm #

42. Bailey October 21, 2015 at 6:29 pm #

Both dresses look amazing on her!

43. CreoleLady October 21, 2015 at 6:17 pm #

44. Sarah October 21, 2015 at 6:08 pm #

45. Charlotte October 21, 2015 at 5:59 pm #

She looks so good in the red dress !

46. Susannah October 21, 2015 at 5:59 pm #

47. Caroline October 21, 2015 at 5:51 pm #

Absolutely IN LOVE with her D&G dress. Flawless.

48. Alina October 21, 2015 at 5:46 pm #

Oh, the Jenny Packham looks really nice!

49. pinksugar October 21, 2015 at 5:46 pm #