Menu

May 21, 2015 Runway To Red Carpet

Dita von Teese In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture - 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Dita von Teese attended amfAR’s 22nd Cinema Against AIDS Gala at Hôtel du Cap-Eden-Roc on Thursday (May 21) in Cap d’Antibes, France.

The burlesque star wore an Ulyana Sergeenko Spring 2015 Couture layered bell-shaped dress adorned with beautiful embroidered details.

This is a huge leap outside her comfort zone, so I would’ve loved for Dita to have switched up the styling on this occasion, with the hair being worn up for a start.

I have a feeling this might not go down so well, but my issue is the decision to wear the ankle-strap shoes with that skirt length, and of course the necklace paired with such a decorative piece.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Alicia Vikander In Louis Vuitton - 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Alicia Vikander In Louis Vuitton – 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Sienna Miller In Ralph Lauren - 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

Sienna Miller In Ralph Lauren – 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

26 Responses to Dita von Teese In Ulyana Sergeenko Couture – 2015 amfAR Cinema Against AIDS Gala

1. Candice October 15, 2017 at 8:36 pm #

I adored this dress on Dita, I think it suited her perfectly, on her it looked like a contemporary take on a traditional 50s wiggle dress with that extra touch of ethnicallity, a dash (but delightfully) extravagant in the construction.
    the necklace would have been a lot for most people (considering the richness of the design) but not on her; it’s part of her aesthetic, it echoes the glimmering Swarovski burlesque queen with know her to be.
    The shoes are truly unfitting, surprisingly, too bad.

2. aleksandra May 28, 2015 at 6:54 pm #

i have been waiting to see this dress on the red carpet for MONTHS! i get shivers even thinking about this collection. but sadly, the styling is truly disappointing.

3. jenny May 22, 2015 at 9:38 am #

Def one of her worse looks ever,
    One of the few times when the clothes is wearing her, how can one like this on her when the clothes are wearing her?
    This just does not suit Dita.

4. Jennifer May 22, 2015 at 9:02 am #

I LOVE this! The only person who brought something different to the event. Maybe she didnt execute it perfectly but its still my fave by far at this.

5. Jane May 22, 2015 at 6:29 am #

I adore the dress, this is how you do plunging necklines. But those shoes are horrid, it brought down the whole ensemble.

6. sanette May 22, 2015 at 4:53 am #

Lovely unusual dress for her but the styling ruins it completely.

7. chyc May 22, 2015 at 2:40 am #

I like this dress on the model. It just doesn’t suit Dita.

8. Phoenix May 22, 2015 at 1:06 am #

This is a crazy awful dress! She looks just terrible in this. Very surprising since she usually looks so wonderful and still unique.

9. kane May 22, 2015 at 12:13 am #

Another US look that doesn’t translate well from the lookbook. I am not convinced that she could have convinced me in this in the first place, but her styling alone is truly baffling.

10. Carrie May 21, 2015 at 11:19 pm #

I actually loved this look from the moment it was presented by the designer. But the styling doesn’t work for me here.

11. liz May 21, 2015 at 11:03 pm #

hasn’t someone else worn this without the underskirt? did I imagine it?

anyway, red shoes would’ve improved this exponentially.

12. Caroline May 21, 2015 at 9:49 pm #

What is this?

13. bfly May 21, 2015 at 9:49 pm #

I love this, can’t help it. I even like the necklace. To me, this is a perfect piece for Dita. But I will concede that the shoes are all bad.

14. justme May 21, 2015 at 9:03 pm #

The dress is sellable if the wearer is willing to commit to it.

Dita never budges from her beauty and styling routine. It is her right but maybe she should stick to clothes that fit her burlesque persona then?

15. Charlotte May 21, 2015 at 8:46 pm #

One of her worst look !
    Nothing is working here.

16. John May 21, 2015 at 8:45 pm #

I was hoping someone wears this look, it was on my favourites but I´m so disappointed that Dita totelly ruined this look wth the styling.

17. Joy May 21, 2015 at 8:34 pm #

This is one of those looks that you see from WAY far away!!! And I don’t mean in a good way, unfortunately. I love Dita, but I don’t love this on her. I even like the look on the model, but it’s all wrong for Dita.

18. Nat39 May 21, 2015 at 8:33 pm #

It’s a tricky shape to begin with, and she is not selling it to me, the clunky shoes aren’t helping.

19. MatBer May 21, 2015 at 8:32 pm #

I am not sure wether I like it, but I do like the fact she went outside her comfort zone.

20. Christine May 21, 2015 at 8:24 pm #

The styling is horrible. She could’ve wowed here but not liking this.

This could’ve work if the styling was way better!

21. pinksugar May 21, 2015 at 8:10 pm #

The dress I can get behind but the accessories are bad,bad,bad.

22. Anne May 21, 2015 at 8:07 pm #

The styling is such a let down.

23. Carolina May 21, 2015 at 8:03 pm #

I actually like the necklace. I think the shoes are too heavy for this dress though.

• Noemi May 21, 2015 at 9:09 pm #

I agree with you, but I also think that the dress is difficult to pull off. The skirt reminds me of a carousel.

24. Yeliz May 21, 2015 at 7:56 pm #

I was expecting something big and dramatic from her, but that’s not the case. This doesn’t work at all.

• Alina May 21, 2015 at 8:19 pm #

I agree. I’m disappointed.