Menu

August 26, 2014 Runway To Red Carpet

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Emmy Awards

Posted by Rachel Watkins

Julia Roberts In Elie Saab Couture - 2014 Emmy Awards

Julia Roberts made a glorious showing at the 2014 Emmy Awards, hosted at the Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, California on Monday (August 25).

Nominated for ‘The Normal Heart,’ the sweetheart actress continued her chic streak in a rather charming yet completely stunning Elie Saab Fall 2014 Couture scintillating, dark-blue cocktail frock featuring oversized beading, a riff on a peplum waist, and the perfect plunge neckline.

While many may have expected her to have a mannish moment or go for a simple gown, she took everyone by surprise in this statement mini number.

Sophisticatedly paired with Christian Louboutin ‘Vendome’ peep-toe pumps and Irene Neuwirth jewels, the dress with all its youthful, fun exuberance only reflects Julia’s million-dollar smile.

It certainly put a smile on my face.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Allison Williams In Giambattista Valli Couture - 2014 Emmy Awards

Allison Williams In Giambattista Valli Couture – 2014 Emmy Awards

Michelle Dockery In Rosie Assoulin - 2014 Emmy Awards

Michelle Dockery In Rosie Assoulin – 2014 Emmy Awards

24 Responses to Julia Roberts In Elie Saab Couture – 2014 Emmy Awards

1. amy August 26, 2014 at 7:58 pm #

I like it. her hair is lackluster but it’s a nice dress

2. marie August 26, 2014 at 6:00 pm #

She looks gorgeous and you totally forget – how old is she again?
    And she earned one of the rare places on the list of ladys who actually made platform heels work.
    Love it h2t

3. gabis August 26, 2014 at 1:32 pm #

I only like this from the neck up. Her hair looks fantastic. Major hair envy here. Makeup and earrings are gorgeous as well.
    As from the neck down, oh my, what a disaster. The design is too childish for her, the embroidery is fugly and the shoes are uninspired. All in all she looks like she was desperately trying to look younger.

4. Stel August 26, 2014 at 1:04 pm #

Something’s wrong for me.. The dress has volume and suddenly we see tiny legs.. The dress alone is gorgeous!

5. Marcel August 26, 2014 at 9:29 am #

The embroidery is HORRENDOUS, reminds me of verrucas. Urgh…
    The shoes are grotesque. And that blue doesn’t go well with her skin tone.
    It is the biggest disappointment of the event for me.

6. Ramsay August 26, 2014 at 8:34 am #

I love her for taking awards dressing so lightly (she does not mind going for short dresses, black simple ones or jumpsuits)
    There is very little fuss about her approach and I respect that
    And to think that this short dress would have probably been considered too “simple” by some Hollywood starlets even for a movie premiere (one I can think of is Elizabeth Banks)
    Total respect to Julia for taking these things not too seriously

7. Alina August 26, 2014 at 6:25 am #

Love that she seems to be enjoying herself on the red carpet, but this is a little too twee for her.

8. Fiona - Perth August 26, 2014 at 5:35 am #

Shoes are a few seasons old now and age the look a little, but I am still relieved to see her in a different look from her usual efforts. She looks good.

9. Renata August 26, 2014 at 5:03 am #

I love her and you can’t deny she looks incredible. But those shoes are so damn uninspiring.

10. the ogre August 26, 2014 at 4:48 am #

She is such a wonder woman with that infectious smile. She’d look good in a paper sack as they say. She looked even better when she walked onto the stage. Great moment for Julia in my opinion. Sometimes it’s not about the dress but about the wearer.

11. sophie August 26, 2014 at 3:41 am #

I love it. I hoped for JLaw to wear it, but Julia does it justice.

12. Pedro August 26, 2014 at 3:11 am #

She’s on a roll!

I love it

13. Kimma August 26, 2014 at 3:06 am #

I really want to love this but it just feels too heavy for me. I think it needs the deeper v from the runway version.

14. Dulcima August 26, 2014 at 2:54 am #

What a gorgeous legs.

15. Jess August 26, 2014 at 2:54 am #

Love the actress, love the Saab, love the smile. Love it all together!

16. Raquel August 26, 2014 at 2:52 am #

In theory, I like it, but the hair is too meh for me.

17. valissa August 26, 2014 at 2:37 am #

She’s still such a beautiful woman. Great hair, great skin, great body! She’s just glowing here and rocking the hell out of that Saab!
    Thumbs up for me!

18. sharon August 26, 2014 at 2:32 am #

love it……definitely one of better appearances…..and luk at those legs…..she is like a wine…gets better with age

19. dea August 26, 2014 at 2:32 am #

Holy crap, is that Julia?!? :O
    What a transformation!
    If I were to nitpick, I’d say that the shoes are meh, but I kinda love this on her. I do like that she modified the neckline, so it’s more age appropriate and supports the twins better.

20. Kate August 26, 2014 at 2:28 am #

I’m somewhat surprised that I find myself really liking this look. Her smile makes me like this even more!

21. DivaDebbi (Beauty and Fashion Blog) August 26, 2014 at 2:27 am #

Adore it on the model…on Julia, not so much.

• Anj August 26, 2014 at 3:15 am #

Agreed. This is a great dress just not on Julia Roberts- and especially not with those shoes!

22. Nat39 August 26, 2014 at 2:26 am #

The silhouette is too sweet and girly for her and I’m not excited about the fall navy hue.

23. Christine August 26, 2014 at 2:25 am #

Them shoes got to go but I love this dress on her. The smile is classic.