Menu

October 29, 2013

USA Network Hosts ‘Modern Family’ Fan Appreciation Day

Modern Family Fan Appreciation Day

In honor of yesterday’s ‘Modern Family’ Fan Appreciation Day, hosted by the USA Network in Los Angeles, the TV show’s leading ladies stepped out in support.

Ariel Winter: Usually one for shorter fit-and-flare dresses, the young actress went with the tuxedo-inspired Alice + Olivia ‘Arrow’ two-tone boned jumpsuit instead. To finish, she styled her cocktail look with black patent-leather peep-toe pumps and two embellished cuffs.

Julie Bowen: The star chose a paisley print-heavy dress from Etro’s Fall 2012 runway. Aside from the dress’s colorful print, it featured other standout details as well, including a drop-waist silhouette and a flirty black ruffled hem. To complete the look, Julie wore black Jimmy Choo ‘Myth’ sandals, a large cocktail ring, and a bright Jimmy Choo ‘Tube’ clutch.

USA Network Hosts 'Modern Family' Fan Appreciation Day

Sarah Hyland: Sarah donned a Paule Ka Fall 2013 black and gray shift dress that hit just above the knee and featured a large pink rose photo-printed on it. She wore her hair in a casual ponytail, kept her makeup simple, and finished it all off with a pair of burgundy-colored platform Ruthie Davis ‘Phoebe’ pumps and EFFY Jewelry ring.

Sofia VergaraThe Latina actress kept with her sexy style M.O., wearing a pair of skintight black pants with a fitted, mock-neck black blazer. The sultry details didn’t stop there, though. Sofia also accessorized with a boxy Valentino studded clutch and black and nude Valentino Rockstud pumps, which provided an extra round of “come hither” attitude to the look.

Which ‘Modern Family’ star gets your vote?

Credit: Getty

Kelly Ripa In Erdem - Broadcasting and Cable 23rd Annual Hall of Fame Awards Dinner

Kelly Ripa In Erdem – Broadcasting and Cable 23rd Annual Hall of Fame Awards Dinner

Julianna Margulies In Philosophy - Shopping at Tiffany & Co.

Julianna Margulies In Philosophy – Shopping at Tiffany & Co.

30 Responses to USA Network Hosts ‘Modern Family’ Fan Appreciation Day

1. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

I don’t really like any of these looks. The dresses are both ugly, Ariel’s pants are too boxy and Sofia’s are too tight!

2. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

I like Sofia and Julie looks.

3. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Julie’s look is my favorite. It needs to be a bit shorter but it’s a cute, flattering look that she seems comfortable in. To me, that’s perfection for an event like this.

Sofia looks okay. I don’t like the length of the pants with the shoes and her hair is too much. The jacket is gorgeous though.

I don’t think the outfits on Ariel or Sarah are flattering. They both look boxy. I wish those platform pumps would just disappear. They are never pretty.

4. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Agree on all points!

5. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

sofia looks really gorgeous! the minimalist, modern look is really nice. she is constantly spilling out of her dresses it feels like, so this is really fresh!

that platform on sarah’s pumps ruin them but its a nice look.
    julie gives herself a really nice shape.
    ariel’s hair and makeup is flawless!

6. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Ariel: great hair and makeup, awful outfit.
    Julie: creative look, didn’t work perfectly but well styled.
    Sarah: cute dress, great color but poor style for shoes.
    Sophia: too try-hard and to be honest she looks like a wax mannequin.

7. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

I like how Julie Bowen put an effort into styling but I’m not loving the look much. Sarah Hyland looks the nicest to me in her adorable little dress (even though I don’t like the style of her pumps but kudos for the burgundy colour).

8. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Julie is the best of the bunch, but I’m not wowed by any of these looks.

9. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Love the varied textures of Sofia Vergara’s sleek look; black but far from boring. Wish she would change up her hairstyle though.

10. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

I’m not crazy about Ariel’s look but her hair and makeup are perfection! She’s never looked so grown up. What a beautiful girl.

11. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

None of these are spectacular, but that’s why they are in a round up post. I prefer the lower row. Burgundy was a nice choice for Sarah’s look, but something less clunky than platforms must always be the better option, sigh.

Sofia looks nicely put together and I can certainly see the point that CreoleLady is making about different textures. I’m just not feeling clutch and shoes in that combination. Too many studs for me. If I block either out of the picture with my thumb, I like the look more.

12. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Nice to see Sofia can do understated, I really like her style here.

13. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Sofia looks amazing!

14. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

ITA.

15. Guest April 10, 2019 at 11:31 am #

Can’t remember Sofia ever looking so laid back. It works! She still looks sexy and well put-together, w/o being tryhard. I also appreciate Julie’s well-styled look. The dress is just okay, but she really elevated it with the accessories.

16. EmmaWoodhouse November 2, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

Ariel: great hair and makeup, awful outfit.
    Julie: creative look, didn’t work perfectly but well styled.
    Sarah: cute dress, great color but poor style for shoes.
    Sophia: too try-hard and to be honest she looks like a wax mannequin.

17. kelly October 30, 2013 at 3:54 am #

that platform on sarah’s pumps ruin them but its a nice look.
    julie gives herself a really nice shape.
    ariel’s hair and makeup is flawless!

• Denise October 30, 2013 at 7:19 am #

Agree on all points!

18. Lila October 30, 2013 at 3:25 am #

19. Christine October 30, 2013 at 1:05 am #

I like Sofia and Julie looks.

20. Rebecca Z October 30, 2013 at 12:48 am #

21. KatieKate October 29, 2013 at 11:56 pm #

• Alina October 31, 2013 at 5:54 am #

ITA.

22. Pedro October 29, 2013 at 7:53 pm #

Sofia looks amazing!

23. The Dame Intl October 29, 2013 at 6:34 pm #

Nice to see Sofia can do understated, I really like her style here.

24. kane October 29, 2013 at 6:03 pm #

25. Malinda Jane October 29, 2013 at 5:36 pm #

26. CreoleLady October 29, 2013 at 5:26 pm #

27. Iva October 29, 2013 at 5:07 pm #

Julie is the best of the bunch, but I’m not wowed by any of these looks.

28. Nat39 October 29, 2013 at 5:06 pm #