Menu

April 24, 2013 Runway To Red Carpet

Lin Peng In Dolce & Gabbana – 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Lin Peng In Dolce & Gabbana - 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

Lin Peng attended the closing ceremony for the 3rd Beijing International Film Festival held at the China National Convention Center in Beijing, China yesterday evening.

The actress wore a Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2013 dress.

I am surprised to see this look on the red carpet again so soon; you may remember I featured Audrey Tautou wearing this same skirt yesterday.

The difference is that Peng is wearing the skirt the wrong way around. The trio of kings print, which should be at the front, appears on the side here.

Peng’s floral-appliqué top is the only thing I like about this look; her black pumps are too office-like for my personal taste with this fiery look.

Credit: Style.com & Sina

Amy Poehler In Tadashi Shoji -  2013 Time 100 Gala

Amy Poehler In Tadashi Shoji – 2013 Time 100 Gala

The Paley Center For Media Presents: 'Mad Men' Season 5

The Paley Center For Media Presents: ‘Mad Men’ Season 5

11 Responses to Lin Peng In Dolce & Gabbana – 3rd Beijing International Film Festival

1. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2013 at 3:29 pm #

It’s kind of charming here, as a folksy costume from a legend, but I don’t think the look works at a real life event.

2. Denise April 25, 2013 at 7:43 am #

I like this skirt but not worn backwards. Neither top works for me. I think worn with a simple top so that the skirt could be the focus it would look good.

3. Christine April 25, 2013 at 1:48 am #

She is not working this.

4. Alicat April 25, 2013 at 1:34 am #

I loved this on Audrey Tautou but then she has the French “Je ne sais quoi” to carry such a vibrant look. Here it looks like a costume and falls flat. Wearing the skirt backwards makes absolutely no sense.

5. Marybeth April 24, 2013 at 9:57 pm #

I don’t particularly like this but I don’t really dislike it either. With that shy smile and sweet pose, she gets away with the outfit, giving it a rather cute, folkloric feel.

6. SkirtTheIssue April 24, 2013 at 9:51 pm #

I liked this collection, and these two pieces individually, but don’t like how it this looks on either Audrey or Lin Peng (surprisingly, as they are both stunning!) The skirt really needs to be pulled the right was around, the red curtains form an, erhm, “interesting” effect in that area… (which now I can’t un-see!)

7. Nat39 April 24, 2013 at 8:11 pm #

While I thought it went all wrong on Audrey, I think Lin Peng’s presentation is working, she is selling this tricky ensemble quite charmingly to me.

8. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 5:57 pm #

The way she wore the skirt is weird. I’m glad she opted for the runway top, because that’s the only thing I like about this look too.

9. dee April 24, 2013 at 5:38 pm #

This look is bad.

10. Rebecca Z April 24, 2013 at 5:33 pm #

I just don’t see the appeal of this. Looks like a milkmaid to me.

• Rashmi April 24, 2013 at 7:26 pm #