Menu

February 20, 2013

Bérénice Marlohe In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Brit Awards

Bérénice Marlohe In Donna Karan Atelier - 2013 Brit Awards

Bérénice Marlohe brought the va-va-voom to the red carpet at the O2 Arena in London this evening for the 2013 Brit Awards, and then some.

The Bond girl was most definitely licensed to thrill wearing a Donna Karan Atelier gown.

Her draped lamé gown, which managed to contained her ample bust and flattered around the waist, makes Berenice look like she’s dripping with liquid gold.

Her makeup artist enhanced her brown eyes, giving her a smouldering smoky look, with a nude lip colour and side-swept waves providing the finishing touches.

Crimson-stone drop earrings accessorized her look.

Credit: Getty

Rita Ora In Ulyana Sergeenko - 2013 Brit Awards

Rita Ora In Ulyana Sergeenko – 2013 Brit Awards

Corinne Bailey Rae In Miu Miu - 2013 Brit Awards

Corinne Bailey Rae In Miu Miu – 2013 Brit Awards

39 Responses to Bérénice Marlohe In Donna Karan Atelier – 2013 Brit Awards

1. Grace Patricia February 23, 2013 at 12:50 am #

It’s one of the worst things I’ve ever seen. 20 years late and it looks like she’s desperate to look sexy.

2. robbie February 21, 2013 at 6:54 pm #

she is beautiful but donna karan atelier truly is a terrible brand. every look so far has been a disaster.

3. Kathy February 21, 2013 at 6:37 pm #

The fabric looks so cheap, and the overall draping/structure of the dress is just odd. The area around her armpit looks unfinished. You get the sense that the whole dress is like a droopy flower that’s just about to collapse.

4. Wafa Al-Alawi February 21, 2013 at 4:59 pm #

I’m sorry but she looks trashy, the material is not helping and still she’s showing cleavage. It’s a big no-no for me.

• Shilpi February 22, 2013 at 4:24 am #

5. katie February 21, 2013 at 12:32 pm #

She is incredibly stunning looking, but i don’t like the dress it is very tacky, her style is so not Parisian…

6. Amy February 21, 2013 at 12:13 pm #

haha, I clicked on the pictures without reading the title and I wasn’t getting the comments talking about a resemblance with Viv Westwood’s design because I thought it was westwood. I can believe somebody at DKNY didn’t notice that.It looks like a knockoff
    which is a shame because Berenice is gorgeous and has a great body (tiny waist)

7. Noemi February 21, 2013 at 10:08 am #

She looks gorgeous, but in a tacky way (like Nicole Scherzinger, I would say) and a bit older.

8. the ogre February 21, 2013 at 6:15 am #

looks a lot like vivienne westwood. but i’m tired of this look now. like seriously! no more va va voom for me! sigh! especially when it comes from berenice marlohe. she looks so beautiful and sophisticated in the swarovski ads. i wish she would dress more like that. edgy and refined.

9. Markness February 21, 2013 at 1:31 am #

As much as I love DKNY PR Girl (haha!) I think this is soooo horrible. It looks like a prototype of Vivienne Westwood’s signature gown. You know, one of the rejects.

Plus, admit it, she looked pregnant with all that fabric in her stomach!

10. Christopher Teoh February 21, 2013 at 12:51 am #

All out to stun!! Bond Girl Berenice Marlohe up the glamour stakes in this figure hugging liquid gold Donna Karan creation!! Gotta love that she switched her notorious two-tone eye makeup and bold red lip for a smokey eye makeup and nude lip!! I don’t even care about the fit of the gold lame gown, but as Berenice is the Bond Girl, she has the right to look as ravishing as possible!! Glamorous and fabulous!!

11. kane February 20, 2013 at 11:43 pm #

I like the idea of “dripping gold” but if this slips my mind for just one second, I cannot help but find this look really, really trashy.

12. Mana February 20, 2013 at 11:39 pm #

omg she looks so bad D:

13. Betelgeuze February 20, 2013 at 11:24 pm #

The more I look at this, the more baffled I get. I mean, it should work well – a nice, great material gown, side swept tresses, nice makeup even though the lipstick looks too pale for my taste… Than what’s so horribly wrong? I guess that somewhere between the wide, wild and free bust, the obvious, very look-my-waist-is-so-thin fit where the poor fabric looks so stretched and the rather weird smirk/pout makes the “Tackyville” sign in my head flash wildly. Donna Karan lamé gown and strongly Victorianesque fit just don’t work for me.

• Shilpi February 22, 2013 at 4:23 am #

14. Marina February 20, 2013 at 10:21 pm #

I don’t care much for all the fabric around the bust but love her make-up and earring. And her body is SICK!

15. d February 20, 2013 at 10:19 pm #

great dress but i dont like the hair n make up here

16. TeaAtTwo February 20, 2013 at 10:10 pm #

The bodice looks as if it needs to be yanked up or some extra fabric. I like the fit of the rest of dress, her curves look amazing. The eye make-up goes well with this dress.

17. Cole February 20, 2013 at 10:04 pm #

She is gorgeous but I am not a fan of this look. It all looks very messy to me…the draping, the creases and the hair. She often has the heavy eye makeup and I think it would be refreshing to see something different every once in a while.

18. Ana February 20, 2013 at 9:58 pm #

It looks like Vivienne Westwood.

• SilentVisitor February 20, 2013 at 11:10 pm #

That’s exactly what I thought

19. EmmaWoodhouse February 20, 2013 at 9:45 pm #

I love gold lame, draped especially–but the super-low neckline, pouting face, and wild hair makes it a no.

20. arang February 20, 2013 at 9:23 pm #

I dunno. The dress is gorgeous (though the neckline is a tad too low, imo). The sheen and flow of the fabric is stunning. And Berenice is gorgeous too. But she seems to have pidgeonholed herself into Bond girl mode. She’s nearly always smoldering. She does it well, but it must be tiresome after awhile. I’d like to see another side to her.

21. AnderBoBo February 20, 2013 at 9:15 pm #

Love the gold but overall this looks like an ill-executed Vivienne Westwood knock-off.

• MG February 20, 2013 at 9:48 pm #

totally agree

• Alice February 22, 2013 at 2:03 am #

I thought from the thumbnail it was VW… but up close… so not.

• Rebecca Z February 20, 2013 at 10:02 pm #

Agree with comment that it looks like a knock-off. And a bad one at that. She just looks trashy.

• Aline February 20, 2013 at 11:44 pm #

• Beta February 21, 2013 at 8:28 am #

yes, this looks too similar to Dame Viv’s signature dress. she looks good though

• Rashmi February 21, 2013 at 1:02 pm #

+1. So true! It looks like a knock off.
      But the dress here appreciates her personality. And I love her make up.

• Jess2 February 23, 2013 at 11:20 am #

That was the first thought that went through my mind. Not good.

22. Angie February 20, 2013 at 9:13 pm #

Not a fan. I don’t like the fabric under the armpits and the fitting in the waist-hips area. Maybe it’s just the light but the skirt looks wrinkled in the lower part. The hair is totally wrong.

23. dee February 20, 2013 at 9:09 pm #

I don’t like this at all. I think the gown makes her appear bigger than what she is. The eyebrows and eyeliner are too heavy. The hair is too fussy.

24. Moxie February 20, 2013 at 9:04 pm #

Gorgeous.

25. Yeliz February 20, 2013 at 9:00 pm #

Even I could design a gown which is better fitted than this + this mess of a gown came from an atelier.. Tacky, unflattering and dated. One of the worst of the night.

• gabis February 21, 2013 at 12:31 pm #

I completely agree and not to mention the groundhog day feelings.

26. Nat39 February 20, 2013 at 9:00 pm #

The gown highlights her curves beautifully, her waist looks so tiny, the coloured earrings are a great touch, the hair and makeup are really bad and bring the look down.

27. Chistine February 20, 2013 at 8:59 pm #

She looks Va-Va gorgeous. She is working this dress.

• Eliza February 21, 2013 at 7:30 pm #

+1. Totally agree. Gorgeous. A complete knock-out.