Menu

Kendall Jenner was giving us breezy elegance while gliding down the red carpet for the ‘120 Beats Per Minute (120 Battements Par Minute)’ premiere during the 2017 Cannes Film Festival this evening (May 20) wearing Giambattista Valli Couture.

The light-as-air silk chiffon and beautiful florals combine to makes a dreamy impression, but I’m more captivated by Kendall herself.

Kendall occasionally fails to sell clothes to me in the way other models do, but she was really working this gorgeous gown on this occasion.

Chopard jewels and a high bun completed her red carpet look.

If you’ve having a case of déjà vu, that’s may be because Rita Ora wore a similar gown from the same collection to the ‘Fifty Shades Darker’ LA premiere.

Credit: Vogue.com & Getty

Cannes Film Festival – Day 4

Cannes Film Festival – Day 4

Paz Vega In Armani Privé  - '120 Beats Per Minute' Cannes Film Festival

Paz Vega In Armani Privé – ‘120 Beats Per Minute’ Cannes Film Festival

21 Responses to Kendall Jenner In Giambattista Valli Couture – ‘120 Beats Per Minute’ Cannes Film Festival Premiere

1. charlotte May 21, 2017 at 04:32 #

I was really happy to see her gorgeous R&R couture look from yesterday,and this one is also a nicely executed look from kendall.
    she totally made the dress justice,which is why the addition of those socks are so obsurd,they look like the ones you could get from a Target sale,2 dollars a dozen.

2. Pheephee May 21, 2017 at 02:17 #

Like it! Its a lil different and spring-y and hers looks better than the runways. She looks darn good.

3. Nat May 21, 2017 at 01:34 #

Why did she ruin this look by wearing socks? Sorry, Kendall you are not Rihanna to pull off socks with couture. Regardless, this is her best look to date.

4. Amy May 21, 2017 at 01:05 #

Socks aside, she’s working that dress. Gone with the wind fabulous lol.

5. Claire May 20, 2017 at 23:52 #

Kendall has become quite the outfit repeater lately, but other than the socks, I do like this! This is the first time I’ve been impressed with her in a long while.

6. Cássia May 20, 2017 at 21:19 #

Omg she’s wearing socks with sandals, this is so ugly

7. Caroline May 20, 2017 at 20:16 #

I didn’t like it on the runway but she’s owning this. I find her to be so beautiful. The socks though really need to go.

• Christine May 22, 2017 at 04:41 #

Agreed.

8. Jerusa Herrera May 20, 2017 at 20:10 #

My feet are sore so let me put this ugly granny socks … Good from ankles up! 🙂

9. TeaAtTwo May 20, 2017 at 20:09 #

The socks make no sense to me but she’s selling the rest of look.

10. Marie May 20, 2017 at 19:57 #

She’s really working this dress, I’d even go as far as saying this is one of her personal best. It works better on her than on the runway.
    I don’t know what she thought when she was putting on the socks (???) and I’m never a fan of high buns, but I’m willing to forgive this because the dress looks so beautiful on her!

• Tenacious May 20, 2017 at 20:12 #

+1 I was about to type the same thing. Definitely one of her best looks. So good I can let the socks slide.

11. Sarah May 20, 2017 at 19:50 #

What is it with the lips???

• ayatlaw May 23, 2017 at 13:53 #

+1 Some things have def changed on her face. This look is meh–I will agree it is one of her better ones, but Kendall has never been able to “sell” me her model status.

12. Chris May 20, 2017 at 19:43 #

Wow, I was afraid she would go tacky, but so far her two Cannes looks this year (the Ralph & Russo yesterday and now this) have just been her personal best looks ever and better than what most of the other models are serving lately. Hope she keeps this up.

13. dedel May 20, 2017 at 19:34 #

The socks don’t shock me cause I’ve not seen them at first sight ahah

14. Schoolbea May 20, 2017 at 19:09 #

Wait, she’s wearing socks?? I’ll like it knees up, thank you.

I also love the way she’s selling it, although I’m not a fan of her beauty look in this case.

I like the drama of the dress itself, and even if I’m not a fan of short dresses with a train,it’s growing on me. At least it says SPRING, finally (when summer is just round the corner and we’re having 27ºC here in Madrid).

15. Juan May 20, 2017 at 19:08 #

This might be Kendall´s best look to date, but socks really? She didn´t need them.

16. Nana May 20, 2017 at 19:04 #

Very very not sure about the socks though. It ruins a bit the beauty of the dress

17. Rashmi May 20, 2017 at 19:02 #

She looks great and I guess it’s the first time she is selling a look to me! And such a dramatic look is Cannes worthy.
    I guess Taraji P Henson wore a very similar look from this collection to an awards recently.

18. Alina May 20, 2017 at 18:57 #

Oh, I like this! One of the few times she is truly working her look, indeed.