Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen – Oscars 2014

Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen - Oscars 2014

Sandra Bullock hit the red carpet at the 2014 Oscars held at the Hollywood & Highland Center on Sunday (March 2) in Hollywood, California.

The Best Actress nominee looked regal in a navy Alexander McQueen gown and Lorraine Schwartz jewels.

I love the restrained elegance of this look on Sandy. The gown is classically beautiful and the lines of the sweetheart neck and dramatic draping scream ‘red carpet pro’.

While her perfectly coiffed sideswept curls are equally elegant and classic, Sandy added a bit of modern fun to her look with some teal liner in the waterline of her bottom lids.

A dark manicure and ear cuffs add the perfect bit of edge to the sophisticated look.

I am completely taken by this perfectly styled ‘classic with a bit of fun’ look. Are you as much of a fan as I am?

28 thoughts on “Sandra Bullock In Alexander McQueen – Oscars 2014

1. Christine

The dress looks like the blue version of the dress Camilla Alves wore recently. Donna Karan Atelier I believe.

I like Sandy’s version better. The navy is gorgeous.

2. Prudence

…….this is the most boring Mcqueen I have ever seen in my life. Why even have Sarah create something for you if what you really want is a boring Monique Lhillier-esque dress. UGH HOLLYWOOD

3. Alicat

She looks amazing. Dramatic and statuesque. I love the moody colour. It is such a contrast to the metallic nude trend. The styling is perfection from her hair to the ear cuffs. One of the best of the night along with Amy Adams.

4. Yeliz

I’m disappointed by her choice. I expected something very different from her. This gown (wouldn’t have ever thought that it is McQueen) looks dated to me.

5. Anj

She looks absolutely amazing! One of my best-dressed picks which include Cate Blanchett, Camila Alves, and my #1 pick, Pink on stage!

6. Alina

I think she looks absolutely stunning. The dress gives her an amazing silhouette, the colour is regal and she looks elegant and feminine. What’s not to love?

7. Valissa

Call me crazy but I think this is Sandra’s best red carpet look…ever! (yes I said it)
    The dress is gorgeous, her hair and makeup is wonderful and she looks so beautiful!

8. kane

If there was one thing I would change I would take away the bracelet, otherwise… classy, subtle, stunning, hope for it to end up in my top5 of the night.

9. Joy

I gotta say I was a bit bored with this choice. I like it, and was excited she chose McQueen but I definitely won’t remember this look next week. She looks lovely though.

10. EmmaWoodhouse

This is pretty pedestrian. Like, it’s elegant and flattering and all…but navy strapless silk?
    Her hair is the standout of this look.

11. gabis

The colour is great but the fabric and the creases are a huge let down. Her styling is divine. Hair, makeup and jewelry done to perfection but the dress is underwhelming. I was expecting a lot more from Sandra than this boderline dated satin frock.