Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture - 'The Hunger Games Catching Fire' Paris Premiere

When Jennifer Lawrence took to the red carpet alongside Elizabeth Banks this evening for the Paris premiere of ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ I said, “now this is more like it”.

I will also take back what I said yesterday and say that this is her best look so far.

Sporting a vampy lip, pale foundation, smouldering eyes and a boyish ‘do, the Oscar-winning actress is almost unrecognisable in her Christian Dior Fall 2013 Couture black silk satin dress with a pleated skirt and sheer asymmetrical panel.

Now I’m sure some may be put off by the side boob, but I’m so enamoured by how amazing she looks and this new hint of bad girl attitude we’ve never witnessed before, that it’s not a bother to me.

Keeping up her ear cuff trend, she wore another diamond encrusted Ana Khouri piece along with a simple stud on the other side with Christian Louboutin ‘Air Chance’ sling back pumps completing her look.

If you could put one look up for BDOTW, which would you choose?

NMX1X4V_mx

You can buy Jennifer’s Christian Louboutin ‘Air Chance’ Sling Back Pumps from Neiman Marcus and Bergdorf Goodman.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen - 'The Hunger Games: Catching Fire' Paris Premiere

Elizabeth Banks In Alexander McQueen – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Paris Premiere

Alexis Bledel's BCBG Max Azria 'Bianca' Sleeveless Ruffle Dress

Alexis Bledel’s BCBG Max Azria ‘Bianca’ Sleeveless Ruffle Dress

54 Responses to Jennifer Lawrence In Christian Dior Couture – ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ Paris Premiere

1. Serena November 15, 2013 at 21:01 #

This isn’t bad, but it doesn’t excite me as much as the Rome and Madrid looks. I would choose one of those for BDOTW!

• Mandy November 15, 2013 at 21:17 #

Agree completely. Did any else get a flashback to emma stones vampy appearance at paris last year from this look?

• Serena November 15, 2013 at 21:29 #

Yes, absolutely! That was my first thought too. Though I liked Emma’s look better…

2. kathryn November 15, 2013 at 21:02 #

I love the hair and make up, but it’s not just the side boob it looks kind of baggy in the boob area. I think if one look is going up for BDOTW it should be the Rome Film Festival Premiere look.

• Sleepless in Chicago November 16, 2013 at 15:08 #

I loved the look initially, even though I like the boots instead of shoes option more. I changed my opinion when I saw the side picture, with the near body part malfunction. The dress should look presentable from all angles. It is, therefore, a miss for me.

3. Christine November 15, 2013 at 21:02 #

This is not good. Not a fan of the dress. The chest area is tacky looking.

Love her makeup though.

I would put her Alexander McQueen look up for BDOTW.

4. Micah November 15, 2013 at 21:02 #

Honestly….I disagree…I think this is awful on her. It’s ill fitting, too long and as much as I love Jennifer Lawrence, she doesn’t have the body to pull this of. Anyone who is bigger than an A cup should stay away from these kind of dresses in my opinion. It’s just not chic

• Dani November 15, 2013 at 22:32 #

I think it’s awful too – but for different reasons. Hate the hair so flat and makeup is a bit agressive in contrast.

• Lila November 16, 2013 at 06:43 #

ITA! There is nothing flattering about this look to me. I don’t even like the makeup.

5. Maria November 15, 2013 at 21:04 #

Best look of the tour. This is fantastic.

6. SilentVisitor November 15, 2013 at 21:07 #

I think the Madrid premiere look was her best one. She also looks great here but the boob is very distracting

7. Methedrine November 15, 2013 at 21:08 #

Finally! Her best look so far!

8. zineb November 15, 2013 at 21:11 #

Sorry but I hate it ! This is her worst dress so far, the dress cutting is weird. The Madrid premiere Dior navy gown was her best.

9. amanda November 15, 2013 at 21:12 #

The top half is very ill fitting. She should part ways with dior.

10. Laura November 15, 2013 at 21:15 #

Yess !!! This is my favorite look of her European tour … I love this dark side of Jennifer.

11. Nat39 November 15, 2013 at 21:16 #

This is tragic – from the cheap-looking top to the harsh makeup that doesn’t suit her. I think the dress is awful, uninspiring, and dull in black w/o any accessories to elevate it, probably her worst look imo.

• Charlotte November 15, 2013 at 21:23 #

I agree !
      This looks is not for her and it’s really aging. Plus I hate the hair.

• CreoleLady November 15, 2013 at 23:53 #

+2. I didn’t think anything could be worse than the white patchwork Dior disaster but — wow. The top literally doesn’t fit (again). A slashed bodice atop a “New Look” skirt does not send me into raptures about Raf Simon’s design chops. Just — wow.

• Nat November 16, 2013 at 01:01 #

I agree with you +3

• Alina November 16, 2013 at 06:04 #

I agree. This is really bad…
      I’m starting to believe that the problem isn’t the fact that she wears only Dior. The real problem is that her stylist doesn’t know what pieces to pick from the Dior collections.

• cherrysoftness November 18, 2013 at 01:33 #

I definitely agree with you. It’s not a designer issue. You can pick any dress from any designer and it will not look good if the fit/color/style is wrong for you. Before she parts with Dior she should say goodbye to her stylist.

12. Yeliz November 15, 2013 at 21:29 #

The side boob is so off putting, actually the whole top part of this dress looks very tacky. I don’t really like the makeup either.
    For BDOTW I would either choose her Madrid Premiere or Madrid Photocall look.

• towanda November 16, 2013 at 06:45 #

agree . i would choose one of her madrid looks

13. Caro Chanel November 15, 2013 at 21:29 #

Too much boob on display. I don’t like the dress. The hair and make up is cool and I applaud her for trying something different, but why did she have to expose nearly everything?

14. gosiaaaa November 15, 2013 at 21:37 #

The best look so far is from Rome premiere

15. Anna November 15, 2013 at 21:37 #

She reminds me Anne Hathaway

16. Dressaddict November 15, 2013 at 21:51 #

Is this couture? That’s incredibley bad made. I will never understand why from all the desses in the world you’d choose these uninspiring stuff from the beginning till the end.

17. Gina November 15, 2013 at 21:54 #

The dress does not suit her figure at all (especially the ill fitting top half). On a positive note her short hair seems to be styled better than on previous occasions

18. mm November 15, 2013 at 22:05 #

I like the makeup

19. the ogre November 15, 2013 at 22:15 #

I don’t like the dress that much but she makes it work with the make up. I’ve never seen this side of her. It’s good but I prefer the Madrid premiere look. That was her best moment in this tour so far apart from the Alexander McQueen one.

20. Kathy November 15, 2013 at 22:31 #

I like the darker vibe of this look and the range Jennifer has shown us, but it’s not a very flattering dress, especially the bodice. The styling (or lack thereof) is also putting me on the fence about this…

The cream-colored gown from the Rome premiere is definitely my favorite look from her on this tour.

21. justme November 15, 2013 at 22:36 #

The dress looks like a ripped bin bag but everything from the neck up is perfection.
    I love the way she styled her hair and it really works with the “gothic” makeup.

22. Jess h November 15, 2013 at 22:43 #

I’d prefer yesterday’s white Dior gown in the poll

23. Betelgeuze November 15, 2013 at 22:44 #

Very dramatic. The gown’s not my favourite, but it gets a pass from me, considering the rather… not so awesome looks of this tour and also the fact that I love Jennifer too much to be fair.

My favourite look so far was the navy Dior for the Madrid premiere.

24. AnderBoBo November 15, 2013 at 22:59 #

As Nina Garcia would say, there is definitely a “taste issue” with this look. Please somebody pull the plug on this Dior contract.

25. Marta November 15, 2013 at 23:25 #

Finally!
    love it! BDOTW definitely

she looks young and full of life here.

26. Teri November 15, 2013 at 23:37 #

Fabulous!

27. jo November 15, 2013 at 23:55 #

this dress looks awkward, I really wish she would stop wearing Dior.
    For the BDOTW I would put her Madrid premiere look

28. ramsay November 16, 2013 at 00:02 #

That is the boldest look we’ve seen from her in a while – it is far from the usual polish of Dior looks and in line with the more avant garde / conceptual direction Raf is trying to give the brand – I like it a lot but I do miss the movement from the runway picture (which understandably we cannot have from Jen in a stand still position): it’s just that that pic from the runway in fantastic

29. CD November 16, 2013 at 00:02 #

madrid ftw, this lip is too dark

30. Joy November 16, 2013 at 00:11 #

Love. I’ve really enjoyed this whole promo tour. I’ve found most of her looks fresh and un-contrived. I also really like her haircut, I love how she has worn it a few different ways. It’s funny how short hair can reflect so much character. I love this look, the boobage isn’t my favorite, but she looks really sexy and ubber classy.

31. Derro November 16, 2013 at 00:30 #

LOVE THIS.

32. Cindy November 16, 2013 at 01:47 #

Not loving the dress, but LOVE the hair and makeup!

33. molly November 16, 2013 at 02:04 #

I do like this a lot, but I wish that somebody would tell her that just because she is the face of Dior, she doesnt have to wear them exclusively. I just cant understand how with her laid back attitude, these outfits could be her idea. This is honestly the only outfit of this tour so far aside from the Proenza Schouler that seems like Jennifer and not Rachel Zoe.

• Nah November 16, 2013 at 07:47 #

Actually it could very well be (and most likely is) stipulated in her contract that she can only wear Dior for these big red carpet events. I believe Marion has a similar clause in her contract too.

34. m November 16, 2013 at 06:23 #

i beg to differ… i just cant get on board with any of her looks on this promo tour.. elizabeth banks is just way too good.. j law just falls to second fiddle….

35. Elena November 16, 2013 at 09:46 #

I’d like to see the Rome premiere look up for the BDOTW

36. Noemi November 16, 2013 at 10:05 #

I really like hair and makeup but the fit on the chest area is really bad. I don’t mind the side boob, but the sheer part on the front is really ugly and unflattering. It could be a great look but because of the fit I prefer Rome’s one.

37. Pablo November 16, 2013 at 10:13 #

In my opinion, this is not good at all.

38. Laura November 16, 2013 at 10:20 #

BDOTW for me! I love that she has mixed it up with a more vampy look, this is the first time she has been able to stand her own against Elizabeth Banks’ looks for me.

39. Xiomalys Crespo November 16, 2013 at 18:49 #

WHEN WILL THIS PARTNERSHIP END OH MY GOD.

40. manja November 16, 2013 at 21:02 #

her presentation is good and she herself looks great,love the darker side,but the dress looks poorly made to me,as well as the cream one,can not belive it is Dior,but that’s not her fault

41. Jess2 November 17, 2013 at 12:56 #

I didn’t even recognise her. This is the best her new hair has ever looked and I love the dark lip. I don’t think the dress is anything special but as I flick through more of the images I find myself liking it more and more, despite my dislike of side boob. Not a bad look at all.

42. LeeAnn November 17, 2013 at 15:23 #

I was just given the book Dior Glamour by Mark Shaw. The looks in the book are timeless elegant and make the wearer look chic. I admire Raf immensely but he is designing some epic fails and this dress is one especially in comparison to the beautiful clothes in the archives