Claire Danes In Prada – 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

Claire Danes In Prada - 2013 White House Correspondents' Association

‘Homeland’ star Claire Danes was a natural at last night’s 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner at the Washington Hilton in Washington, D.C.

After going wild for Lanvin at the Time 100 Gala last week, she somewhat returned to her more minimalistic style with this Prada column gown—not that it didn’t have its own measure of bling.

Perhaps the new mom was thinking of her little boy when she selected this baby-blue dress, which also featured cutaway sides and glittery sequin embellishment.

With the slightly precious hue and all that gleam, I’m glad she didn’t pile on bangles or, even worse, a necklace, choosing instead a simple pair of Forevermark diamond studs to accent her blonde wispy waves and petal-pink lippie.

Credit: Getty

20 thoughts on “Claire Danes In Prada – 2013 White House Correspondents’ Association Dinner

1. Fiona

This dress is perfectly in her lane, I like it on her but something in the hair or makeup is not working as well – it’s like she’s got 60′s dress and 70′s hair.

1. Molly

You’re so right about the ’60s dress and the ’70s hair – they don’t match up together! I don’t think the sideless dress belongs at the same event as the President. This is actually pretty tastefully done, but still, I think, too much for the event. Although not as bad as Hayden Panettiere.

2. Ysatis

I don’t like the dress or anything about this look. The dress looks like a embellished apron. Don’t like the 70′s hair and barely there makeup.

3. EmmaWoodhouse

I like the color, but that’s it. Prada gowns rarely work for me. I don’t like that it’s sideless, and I don’t like the apron-like look or the hair and makeup.

4. Appollonia

I absolutely adore her but this is just another plain and boring Prada dress. Reminds me a made in a fancy apron. Miuccia never gets it right.

5. Dhppy

What do you know? I really like a Prada gown. I’m going to play the lottery. Anything is possible today.

6. TeaAtTwo

It’s like a better version of Anne Hathaway’s Oscar dress. That pretty blue looks against her colouring but a slick and sleek up-do would have been better.

7. Rebecca Z

I don’t like this dress at all. Not only is it rather too revealing for the occasion with the cut out sides, but I just don’t think it flatters her. The dress is too flat for her boyish figure–all it does is emphasize that. Looks like a failed high school swing project.

8. Prudence

the hair is a little…hick to me. it really doesn’t match the sharp fashion forward dress at all.