24.04.13

Christina Aguilera In Victoria Beckham – 2013 Time 100 Gala

Christina Aguilera In Victoria Beckham - 2013 Time 100 Gala

Christina Aguilera was invited to sing for her supper at the 2013 Time 100 Gala held at Frederick P. Rose Hall, Jazz at Lincoln Center in New York City yesterday evening.

Before taking to the stage to perform, she dazzled on the red carpet, wearing a black Victoria Beckham Spring 2013 gown.

The figure-hugging gown with a cut-out detail is yet another great, flattering choice for the singer.

Her jewels are a bit much for my personal taste, but she’s a diva so bling is always mandatory.

Side-swept wavy locks, red lips and a matching manicure provided the finishing touches to her look.

You may remember that Rachel Weisz wore this same dress in a bright-orange hue back in February.

Credit: Getty

Zoe Saldana's Salvatore Ferragamo Tyla Suede Open Toe Pumps

Zoe Saldana’s Salvatore Ferragamo Tyla Suede Open Toe Pumps

Menswear Midweek Round Up

Menswear Midweek Round Up

27 Responses to Christina Aguilera In Victoria Beckham – 2013 Time 100 Gala

1. EmmaWoodhouse April 24, 2013 at 13:04 #

I don’t like the revealing bra like top, but the overall shape of the look is flattering, she’s not too tan, and hair and makeup are the best they’ve been in a while.

2. M April 24, 2013 at 13:05 #

i actually find her stunning on this ocassion.. she may overdo it at times… but she really does look great her… n another point proven.. VB’s dresses arent made for her only, they flatter all shapes.. kudos to both xtina n VB…

• Roosje April 24, 2013 at 21:04 #

It always astounds me how flattering VB’s clothes are, I never expected them to be so when she first started designing.

3. Lashae April 24, 2013 at 13:07 #

I think she looks good. She hasn’t look this good in a long time.

What I like the most is that her makeup is on point. Usually she would have too much on but on this occasion it works.

4. Alicat April 24, 2013 at 13:10 #

I am not a fan of her usual overblown look, but here she looks classy. For Christina, that bra top is demure!!

5. Denise April 24, 2013 at 13:14 #

The fit is perfect ! She looks confident and beautiful ! Very well done !

• Beta April 24, 2013 at 15:05 #

+1 really like it!

6. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 13:19 #

The dress fits and flatters greatly, but the necklace was unnecessary IMO.

7. justme April 24, 2013 at 13:22 #

As a fan, I’m still campaigning for her to ditch the red lippie but she looks lovely nonetheless.
    It looks like she’s lost weight.

8. dee April 24, 2013 at 13:33 #

She looks decent. Overall not a bad look but I think if she wore less makeup and ditched the bleach blonde hair she would look years younger.

9. Rashmi April 24, 2013 at 14:02 #

Couldn’t understand the dress since its in black, the one worn by Rachel was very pretty. She looks pretty nonetheless

10. Christine April 24, 2013 at 14:34 #

The best she has looked in a long while. Pretty.

11. Rose April 24, 2013 at 15:26 #

She looks very fresh faced and the dress looks great on her.

12. dressaddict April 24, 2013 at 16:10 #

Wow, I think this is the first VB dress that looks kind of cheap, what a difference between this and Rachel’s look.

13. leti April 24, 2013 at 16:26 #

This is the very best she’s looked in ages!

14. robbie April 24, 2013 at 16:27 #

wow! nothing over the top and hideous, not over done drag queen make-up. she looks beautiful quite simply.

15. Olga April 24, 2013 at 16:49 #

Gorgeous! But she was’t invited just to sing, she actually was included on Time’s list of the 100 most influential people in the world.

16. Nikki April 24, 2013 at 20:42 #

She always looks horrible. She cheapens everything she wears. I can’t think of a star who’s more fake and generic looking. That horrible bleach job and those lopsided fake boobs always on display… blech.

17. Nat39 April 24, 2013 at 21:21 #

Not a fan of the hair, makeup and excessive jewellery, but the dress works wonderfully on her, very figure-flattering.

18. Marie April 24, 2013 at 23:22 #

She looks good, but too much bling for me.

Also, it appears that she wasn’t the only one wearing this VB dress at the Time gala… Sara Blakely wore the orange version of the dress at the same event.

19. Leo April 25, 2013 at 13:07 #

She really wears that dress. Looking like a true diva. The hair is amazing.

20. tuftufwang April 25, 2013 at 18:39 #

I don’t know why she never really quite get red carpet at all. I’m thinking it must be the heavy makeup and overdone red lipstick and matching nails. It’s not a bad look but the bling plus platinum blonde plus red lips/nails just doesn’t quite work

21. Amy April 26, 2013 at 12:05 #

Love this dress on Christina. It flatters her curves and fits her body perfectly. I also think this dress is age appropriate and is suitable for the level of celebrity she is. I feel the styling of the outfit where the jewellery is concerned, is too reminiscent of an older Elizabeth Taylor. She should experiment with more contemporary jewellery next time to keep her look fresh.

P.S. Love the red lips!