24.04.13

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead – National Portrait Gallery

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead - National Portrait Gallery

Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge continued her busy week of official engagements with an appearance at a reception hosted by the National Portrait Gallery in London this evening.

The event honours the work of The Art Room, a charity which uses painting and drawing to build the self-confidence of young people.

Catherine’s maternity style continues to impress I am delighted to say.

The expectant royal looked divine wearing a sleeveless baby-blue Emilia Wickstead dress which perfectly showed off her growing baby bump.

She completed her look with a half-up, half-down hairstyle with cascading curls and grey suede Rupert Sanderson ‘Malone’ pumps.

I absolutely love this. The colour is so complementary to her colouring and perfect for the spring season. I’m surprised to say this, but I can’t wait to see what she wears next.

Do you love Catherine’s maternity style?

Credit: Getty

Heather Graham's Stella McCartney Strapless Dress

Heather Graham’s Stella McCartney Strapless Dress

Caroline Flack's Topshop 73 Oversized T-Shirt

Caroline Flack’s Topshop 73 Oversized T-Shirt

31 Responses to Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge In Emilia Wickstead – National Portrait Gallery

1. Nat39 April 24, 2013 at 22:04 #

So fresh and simple, absolutely delightful, love it.

• Fiona-Brasil April 24, 2013 at 23:03 #

• Christine April 25, 2013 at 01:33 #

She is looking good. So far, so good. Her maternity style is so much better than her regular one.

2. Nadine April 24, 2013 at 22:10 #

I think this is one of her best looks ever.

3. Moxie April 24, 2013 at 22:10 #

I don’t know about her maternity style in general, since we haven’t seen much of her, but I really like this look.

4. Malinda Jane April 24, 2013 at 22:10 #

So cute and so sweet. I really love it.
    I’m warming up to Kate’s style. I used to find it quite boring but now I can see how classic and refined it is.

• Rashmi April 25, 2013 at 09:15 #

+1. Agree 100%

• dee April 25, 2013 at 14:27 #

+2 me too.

5. Yeliz April 24, 2013 at 22:16 #

So charming and lovely again. The colour is gorgeous.
    I totally love Catherine’s maternity style. I think she keeps it interesting while staying true to her usual style and dresses also appropriate for a Royal.

6. asherlev1 April 24, 2013 at 22:25 #

I think she’s been looking GREAT lately. I don’t know what she’s doing, but I hope she keeps it up. I say this as someone who’s really not a huge fan of her style, at all. XP

7. noo April 24, 2013 at 22:30 #

I am adoring every bit of this! I’m not just saying this because she’s pregnant and glowing, that neckline is fantastic and the cut of the dress is so classic and simple but stunning! I also love how she’s featuring her arm, it gives her a strong athletic look despite the pregnancy!

8. molly April 24, 2013 at 22:52 #

Its cute but I don’t care for the fabric. Its too stiff and I feel like the choice is an obvious tactic to make her bump look larger than it is, especially since people have been pointing out how tiny she is for being seven months pregnant.
    I also think she needs a bracelet or two, sapphires would have been lovely with the blue dress. Frankly, I don’t think her style is any different now than it was before, its just more difficult to be critical of a pregnant womans fashion.

9. Alex April 24, 2013 at 23:36 #

Glowing and beautiful.

10. kane April 24, 2013 at 23:53 #

This is it! I wasn’t quite wowed by her outings over the last few days, but this is stunning!

11. TeaAtTwo April 25, 2013 at 01:18 #

She’s been more impressive than Halle Berry and Rachel Evan-Wood. That baby must be giving her some style inspiration.

12. Marie April 25, 2013 at 01:29 #

She is more than beautiful! I love this look! BDOTW!

13. Pedro April 25, 2013 at 02:16 #

Perfection!

She looks so fresh, happy, chic and gorgeous.

Love! BDOTW

14. Marybeth April 25, 2013 at 02:35 #

Gorgeous! What a flattering dress in both color and style!
    I loved her recent Erdem look and love this even more. She’s on a roll!

15. Ann April 25, 2013 at 03:37 #

Yes I do, she does not even look pregnant front on

16. Gillian April 25, 2013 at 04:03 #

Looks great, fits great, but snooze. Seriously please introduce this woman to Jessica Alba’s stylist. She needs to up her maternity style game!

And can someone just please not let this woman hold an eyeliner anymore, it detracts from her fresh maternity glow.

17. Lily April 25, 2013 at 05:43 #

She looks beautiful! I love the back of this dress too. It’s lovely.

18. Amanda April 25, 2013 at 05:58 #

Baby blue……hmmmmmm maybe she is trying to tell us something?

19. Lee Ann April 25, 2013 at 09:35 #

This is the best that she has ever looked. i love the colour and the cut but then I looked down at her feet and my heart sank. Suede?? I own the same same shoes so yes they are nice but they are far too heavy/wintery-a silver grey would have worked better with the dress. Roger Vivier has the most perfect pale yellow shoes in satiny material -she would have finally nailed a look if only she would get the shoes right.

20. Giada April 25, 2013 at 11:00 #

Well I guess I’m one of the few that’s underwhelmed. I like the colour, but that’s about it. It just leaves me cold.

• Dolly April 25, 2013 at 13:02 #

I agree, not bowled over by any means. If she wasnt pregnant would people still be commenting so positively? Granted, after seeing the carcrash that is Kim K’s maternity style this is refreshing, but she could do better. Someone also get her some new shoes and make-up kit, so bored of that black eyeliner!

21. Hero21 April 25, 2013 at 12:46 #

Something is off-I think it’s the fit.its tight across her bust and the pouffy below and the back is awkward a deep v back would have been perfect. I think she is wearing a strapless bra n that’s why in other pics she looks uncomfortable n posture looks bad.Good to see woman sized instead of Barbie sized arms on her!

22. EmmaWoodhouse April 25, 2013 at 15:37 #

Loving this look. It’s so pretty, light, airy and looks comfortable for her growing bump. I’ve always loved her style and her maternity style is just getting better and better!

23. Kyriaki - Cyprus April 25, 2013 at 20:16 #

My mum says that she is having a boy, as her bump is ‘pointy’ and not wide. It is such a sweet look. Her best accessory is her smile.

24. Elaine2 April 25, 2013 at 22:34 #

Well, I think the tailoring on this dress is dreadful. The gathers on the back bodice? I can’t think this would be good on anyone. The front bodice area is too big on top, and too tight through the boobage area. This designer really blew it this time.

I do like her hair that way.

Makeup is all wrong, as usual.

It looks as if she needs to go shoe shopping.

25. MaddyEliza April 26, 2013 at 14:47 #

LOVE it!! So elegant and stunning!! Definitely BDOTW. She looks so beautiful!!

• MaddyEliza April 26, 2013 at 14:48 #

I don’t know if anyone here has seen pictures of the back of this dress, but it has this huge cutout and it’s AWESOME. I love her daring-for-a-royal style touches :)