Allison Williams In Prabal Gurung – Boston Common Magazine Cover Party

Allison Williams In Prabal Gurung - Boston Common Magazine Cover Party

Girl-of-the-moment Allison Williams celebrated her Boston Common Magazine spring cover at The Langham in Boston, Massachusetts on Thursday.

The ‘Girls’ actress wore a Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2013 look which had a spring-like feel.

Her white-and-amethyst top and pencil skirt, with the designer’s signature lily print, was styled with a military-esqe black patent-leather belt and Schutz ‘Bambi’ PVC heels with a gold toe-cap and a blue-suede heel.

I was surprised to learn that some of you think that Allison’s style is quite boring and safe, considering the vast range of looks she has given us since ‘Girls’ hit the big time.

A look from Prabal Gurung can never be classed as safe or boring, so does this look change your view?

Schutz Bambi Heels

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Jourdan Dunn In Elie Saab - World Music Awards 2014

Jourdan Dunn In Elie Saab – World Music Awards 2014

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana - 'Spring Breakers' 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival Premiere

Selena Gomez In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘Spring Breakers’ 2013 SXSW Music, Film + Interactive Festival Premiere

23 Responses to Allison Williams In Prabal Gurung – Boston Common Magazine Cover Party

1. june March 11, 2013 at 11:40 #

i think people say her style is boring and safe because she regularly wears the same/very similar silhouettes (girl seems to really like the column skirt/dress cut), even if they’re all in different colours and patterns and fabrics.

i like this on her, but it’s not my favourite.

2. Beta March 11, 2013 at 11:49 #

love this look, perfect H2T

3. Ellie March 11, 2013 at 11:49 #

I don’t think her style is boring, but it is very classic, much like her character on Girls. Since she has a great taste, she manages to wear beautiful pieces though. But it never enthuses me…

4. Silvie March 11, 2013 at 12:18 #

Your comment about how people say she’s safe and boring got me curious so I perused her tag on your blog.

Her looks aren’t that safe, it’s just that she has great styling. She always looks fresh and clean, plus her classical features, make her look always perfectly composed.

I actually like all her looks.

5. Yeliz March 11, 2013 at 12:35 #

She looks flawless, I love the shoes. I don’t think her style is boring at all.

6. Toyosi March 11, 2013 at 13:32 #

I wouldn’t call her fashion boring, I just think she’s very conservative in her style. Not in a stiff sense, but very traditional and elegant. Although she always looks good and consistent, I do honestly which for something with a shorter hem or sparkle sometimes. Her Kaufmanfranco dress was the only one I’ve really liked. I just wish she’d experiment a bit more.

7. dee March 11, 2013 at 13:33 #

I really like this look.

8. Rebecca Z March 11, 2013 at 13:57 #

She looks beautiful in this, but I have to say that she took the edge right out of it by pairing those two pieces. Makes it look like a ladies who lunch look–not what you would expect from Prabal Gurung, especially when you look the outfits she drew the pieces from. There’s nothing wrong with it, but as others have said, she is classic and elegant, not particularly daring.

• carolina March 11, 2013 at 14:48 #

I agree 100%. The look would’ve been far better had she mixed it up.

• Anj March 11, 2013 at 16:09 #

I agree. I think she could’ve pulled off the right-hand look with the printed skirt but she played it safe instead of edgy.
      She does simple and classic Americana well but it can get a little one-note for the rest of us looking on.

9. Ericka March 11, 2013 at 13:58 #

I love this! Ladylike but with excitement. Love the print and that she wore both pieces which I think was definitely risky. I don’t fault her favoring certain silhouettes; if you know what works and what you like, I say rock it.

• carolina March 11, 2013 at 14:49 #

I truly don’t understand what was risky about wearing a matched top and skirt (or new, or exciting, for that matter).

10. Christine March 11, 2013 at 14:07 #

She looks great. I like this dress.

11. Grace Patricia March 11, 2013 at 14:13 #

I don’t think she’s boring at all. I don’t think everyone should be daring, always wearing different things in order not to look safe. It’s her style, and I think to be true to your own style is more important than trying too hard to look fashion forward. For me, boring and safe is repeating the same colors and shapes or matchy-matchy looks over and over. Despite being clean, she always wears great looks in different colors, perfect fit and flawless makeup.

12. EmmaWoodhouse March 11, 2013 at 14:39 #

Boring? No way–she’s one of my favorite style stars on the red carpet today!!!
    This is another flawless look from her. Go Allison!
    P.S. Adoring the hint of blue on the shoes.

• the ogre March 12, 2013 at 06:50 #

i couldn’t have put it better about the shoes.

and this is a beauty of a dress plus she has switched things up with the shoes.

13. Moxie March 11, 2013 at 15:00 #

Love it from the ankles up. I’m just not a fan of pizza-toe shoes.

14. Aline March 11, 2013 at 16:31 #

I just checked her tag and realized I’ve liked 75% of what she’s worn so far. So, at least in my book, there are more hits than misses.

Having said that, I’ll have to agree that this look in particular isn’t really exciting. But it’s nice and she looks pretty.

15. Pedro March 11, 2013 at 18:36 #

She looks flawless, as always!

16. Chloe March 11, 2013 at 20:05 #

I love the shoes

17. noo March 12, 2013 at 10:59 #

she took the kate middleton approach to prabal gurung (but with much better shoes)!!!

18. Amy March 12, 2013 at 19:25 #

I don’t think her style is great or that interesting but I wouldn’t call it boring. It’s classic, she seems to favor classic cuts and shapes. And in a world where everybody is trying to be edgy (most of them failing) she can appear as safe. Anyway I love this look, the print is great and it fits her perfectly

19. Tati M March 13, 2013 at 02:33 #

I’m brazilian and Schutz is a brazilian brand that I love and use a lot. Very proud to see Allison Williams using it.