Menu

25.02.13

Anne Hathaway In Prada – 2013 Oscars

AnneHathawayPrada

Anne Hathaway graced the red carpet on Sunday evening at the 2013 Oscars hosted at the Dolby Theatre in Los Angeles.

Nominated for her role in ‘Les Misérables’, Anne chose a pink column-style gown from Prada. The halter neck tied down the back of the dress like a present ribbon. While this design wasn’t my favorite of the night, the dress has a very delicate feel that suits Anne and her equally delicate features well.

The actress joined Jennifer Lawrence in sporting the back jewelry trend by letting her floral necklace from Tiffany & Co. drape past her shoulders. I love the trend, but in this case the necklace competes with the crisscross of the open back of the dress. Anne wore beautiful silver ankle strap heels and a pink Roger Vivier clutch.

Anne completed her Oscars look with a side swept hairstyle and light pink lip to match her hue of choice.

Credit: Getty

Jennifer Garner In Gucci – 2013 Oscars

Jennifer Garner In Gucci – 2013 Oscars

Sandra Bullock In Elie Saab – 2013 Oscars

Sandra Bullock In Elie Saab – 2013 Oscars

81 Responses to Anne Hathaway In Prada – 2013 Oscars

1. Stel February 25, 2013 at 18:17 #

The colour is good for her because she’s brunette.. If she was blonde she would be hidious.. But I think she could wear a green necklace or a red one or something.. And the make up should be much more bright.. But the dress is not the best but it’s good..

2. Parvati February 25, 2013 at 16:21 #

This was also a very disappointing look. I expected something much more impressive from Anne, plus I don’t like how her hair looks here.

3. Felicia February 25, 2013 at 16:18 #

WHAT IS THIS MESS?? I hate this. She looks like a super tall 9 year-old girl who knows nothing about style. I only kind of like her hair and the necklace but the dress is a damn mess!

4. Gabby M February 25, 2013 at 15:39 #

I do not like the finishing on the dress! The maker needs to higher better seamstress… BEST necklace tho!

5. JJovana February 25, 2013 at 15:36 #

THIS is what she chose to win her Oscar in? THIS? THIIIIISS??

Nipples man. Distracting wrinkled nipples.

• Alina February 25, 2013 at 17:02 #

ditto

6. Camille February 25, 2013 at 15:27 #

Wow, love all the intense reactions to this dress. It is definitely not her best look and yes, quite surprising that she chose this gown out of all the many I’m sure she had to choose from. Unlike some, I like the pale pink color and think her makeup was lovely. The hair, well everyone must remember she cut her hair short for the movie didn’t she. I’m not a big fan of the hair, but I thought it looked cute considering what she has to work with. Definitely like it better than Halle B’s mohawk style.

Sadly, the color is about the only thing I like about this Prada gown. Frankly, it looks a little home-made. Like something her mom whipped up for her. Satin is always problematic, I would have avoided it. And those darts! EEeesh! Of course, the first thing that comes to mind when you see her is “nipples” and this is the way she wanted to be remembered on this, her big night?? Go figure??

I think she is trying to work that 60’s gamine/Audrey Hepburn/Mia Farrow look. Minimalist and feminine. Which is fine, and suits her current hairstyle and her own particular style. However, this nipple dress is a big fail and such a shame on her big night.

7. onebert February 25, 2013 at 15:11 #

when will women learn that men don’t find short hair attractive? probably when men find the courage to confess it to their significant others…

• Tea February 25, 2013 at 20:03 #

When? I think the question should be “Why should women learn that?” Even in the cases where that’s true why does it matter? Hey, maybe women are dressing for themselves and make choices that they enjoy and that make them feel good.

Also there are men who have the courage to confess that to their partners and in those cases I believe the appropriate response is “So what?”. Because if your hairstyle matters that much to someone then the important things don’t matter enough.

• justme February 25, 2013 at 20:12 #

When will (some) men realize that women do things for themselves and not to please their significant others’ limited views on what is attractive?

• Ayesha February 28, 2013 at 06:45 #

why should women dress or style their hair according to what men find attractive? with views like that, no wonder people say feminism is dead.

• onebert February 28, 2013 at 11:33 #

don’t kid yourselves. women want more than anything to be seen as attractive by men. most men will admit 9 out of 10 women look less attractive with short hair. just not in the presence of their significant other…

8. Pedro February 25, 2013 at 14:17 #

She looks beautiful!

9. Colleen February 25, 2013 at 14:09 #

This is the most boring dress I think I have ever seen on the Oscar red carpet. It looks like a bridesmaids dress straight off the rack at David’s Bridal (which there is nothing wrong with, but this is the Oscars!). This was her night to shine and this was a huge let down. Worst of the night for me.

I thought she was supposed to wear Valentino? Word is that after a press release was released about what she would be wearing, she chose Prada at the last minute. It’s too bad – I would love to see what the Valentino looked like that she passed on.

10. dee February 25, 2013 at 13:56 #

For such a big night for her, this was the wrong dress to wear. I am so disappointerd by this choice.

11. Abigail February 25, 2013 at 13:34 #

I’m sorry we don’t have a view from the back, because from what I remember from watching, the back somewhat saved this dress. My favorite from her was actually the performance dress during the show. Sheer high neckline and scalloped hems with lots of sparkle!

12. Pene February 25, 2013 at 12:51 #

what happened

13. Amy February 25, 2013 at 10:20 #

nope, this is so underwhelming. I get that she was going for the clean, simple approach but she did it better at the Globes. This dress is just common, bland and unflattering. I can’t remember the last time I was wowed by Anne. Wake up!!

14. Noemi February 25, 2013 at 09:40 #

I’m quite disappointed, this is the least interesting look by her in the last weeks. The necklace, beautiful itself, is nonsense considering the neckline, the color doesn’t do nothing for her. She could left the fucsia Prada gown for the Oscars. What a pity.

15. Andy February 25, 2013 at 09:28 #

Anne isn’t one of my favorites but I was expecting so much more. This dress is just awful. Its sooo 90’s prom. All thats missing is the long white gloves. Dont get me started about the nipples.

16. justme February 25, 2013 at 08:29 #

My worst of the night. She knew she was going to win too, why not go for a showstopper?

17. George February 25, 2013 at 06:10 #

Wow I didn’t expect so many people would hate this gown this much.. The dress per se is not bad. It’s just Prada is really not the brand you wanna opt when you know the hell for sure you are gonna win.

18. Aline February 25, 2013 at 06:07 #

I wasn’t liking what she’s been wearing during promotour and award season so my expectations were low. Until the day she made me fall in love with a Chanel dress which was followed by an also beautiful Burberry dress. I got my hopes up and got disappointed. This is a huge huge huge NO. Wish she had opted for one of the 2 previous dress for the occasion.

19. the ogre February 25, 2013 at 06:03 #

i was very disappointed. i mean very! but i love her hair and make up and she looked so vulnerably cute while giving her acceptance speech.

20. anjos February 25, 2013 at 05:59 #

The dullness of this is baffling. She knew she was gonna win. She wasn’t even genuinely surprised when her name was called. With that in mind you’d think she’d pick something really memorable to wear.

21. Prudence February 25, 2013 at 05:24 #

WORST DRESSED OF THE NIGHT! I have given up all hope that she will one day regain her mojo. terrible terrible terrible

22. Lashae February 25, 2013 at 05:10 #

For the whole Awards season, Anne has been looking very boring on the red carpet and Oscars are no exception. This looks is so so boring.

23. Joy February 25, 2013 at 05:02 #

This was bad. My worst of the evening. My immediate first response was Gwyneth when she won her Oscar years back. However Gwynie looked beautiful. This does look resemblance to the 90’s and not in a good way. I hate her hair here. And most of all, all I can see after my first response is her nipples. Gross!!! And that necklace, who would have put that with that neckline. Duh, that doesn’t work. Really unfortunate.

• Lashae February 25, 2013 at 05:14 #

I must be the only one who hated that Paltrow Oscar look. It looked like a really ill-fitted prom dress.

• dee February 25, 2013 at 14:22 #

No, you are not alone on the Paltrow Oscar gown. I can’t understand the love for that look. That dress was awful on her.

• Giada February 25, 2013 at 14:25 #

You’re not the only one. 🙂

• Katharine February 26, 2013 at 05:38 #

Hair scraped back, choking necklace and saggy Pepto-Bismol pink prom dress : yep, I loathed that dress on Gwyneth Paltrow … that was the year Cate Blanchett wore one of the best Oscar dresses of all time, and the contrast in style was glaring.

Anne Hathaway’s dress is more similar to the Prada dress Gwyneth Paltrow wore at Venice (?) – but that was a better iteration of the look. Anne did look beautiful on television, but in still photographs you register the creases and the necklace fights the neckline.

24. emmy February 25, 2013 at 03:56 #

When I saw this dress all I could think was of all the dresses and of all the award shows, she chose THIS dress for the Oscars?! It just makes no sense after all the bold choices she’s made recently she chose a pale pink satin prom dress.

25. Salimah February 25, 2013 at 03:42 #

this dress was SUCH A WRONG CHOICE. looks terrible. the cut, the color, everything was just wrong. out of all the dresses int he world why did she pick this one?

26. Moxie February 25, 2013 at 03:36 #

I like it, but the necklace is all wrong for that neckline. She looked far better on stage singing with her Les Mis castmates. I hope FC features that dress.

I wonder what her Valentino dress would have looked like.

27. TeaAtTwo February 25, 2013 at 03:36 #

So ageing and bland. Such a shame this look will be in Oscar history book.

28. Lola February 25, 2013 at 03:20 #

BAD dress and a sad version of the side-booby one already worn by Gwynnie!!

29. Alexandra Wong February 25, 2013 at 02:57 #

Oh Anne, did you crumble under pressure?

30. ash February 25, 2013 at 02:55 #

Apparently, I’m the only one who loves this look. It’s Prada, it walks a fine line between good taste and bad taste, I just love that risk and I think it paid off, Anne looks very classy and in line with the whole minimal thing she’s been doing. It’s definitely going to be a fashion editor favorite without a doubt.

31. Marybeth February 25, 2013 at 02:55 #

If you don’t regard this closely, if you just give it a glance, it’s a nice elegant look. Nothing too remarkable, but pretty enough.
    IF.
    Satin is a difficult fabric. The seams and darts are so accentuated. I’m sorry, but this looks too much like something an intermediate seamstress whipped up over the weekend.

32. Fromchi-town February 25, 2013 at 02:53 #

Hugely disappointed with this look. I was hoping she would go all out and stun us… But this is very underwhelming and I cannot believe this is what she chose for her big night.

33. SilentVisitor February 25, 2013 at 02:52 #

All I can see is how frail she looks and the nipples… she has lost too much weight…….

34. mm February 25, 2013 at 02:51 #

the back is horrible. looks cheap. dont like the necklace with that neckline.

35. Christopher Teoh February 25, 2013 at 02:50 #

I got shocked when Anne Hathaway decided to wear Prada to the Oscars!!! Prada is not so famous on gowns, but this one is definitely a miss for the usually divine Anne!! The necklace is fighting with the dress and the gown seems lack in colour and blends with her skin!! Overall looks disastrous and totally unforgivable!! Fashion police, on the run!!

36. asherlev1 February 25, 2013 at 02:47 #

This looked AWFUL. And the nipples…

37. jones19 February 25, 2013 at 02:47 #

I like this look but I’m slightly underwhelmed…this is the Oscars and she’s poised to win!

38. Fumi February 25, 2013 at 02:46 #

This is what happens when you have too many choices and pick a dress 3 hours before the show.. There isn’t enough time to do camera tests… You can see straight through her dress.

39. EmmaWoodhouse February 25, 2013 at 02:45 #

Wow…what a WRONG look for what is probably her winning night. She apparently turned down a Valentino for this–should have stuck with the Valentino probably, cause I don’t see how it can be worse than this dated, prom-like, awkward, boring look. Those darts…ummm MAJOR NO. Her hair and makeup are OK but not very glamourous, and the necklace is pretty but competes with the dress.
    A real disappointment.

40. TL February 25, 2013 at 02:41 #

Nothing looks right including her makeup. She can do so much better…

41. Angela February 25, 2013 at 02:38 #

The design is ok, the color and necklace are nice, but when you see a full body shot the only thing I can think is NIPPLES WRINKLES NIPPLES WRINKLES.

• Yeliz February 25, 2013 at 05:29 #

Completely agree. The nipples are so distracting and awkward. Overall, it’s not Oscar material.

• Foteini P. February 25, 2013 at 12:44 #

42. Christine February 25, 2013 at 02:36 #

Wish she opted for Valentino instead. This looks reminds me of Gwyneth Paltrow pink dress she wore to the Oscars years back. But her hair looks so good.

• taksi February 25, 2013 at 03:48 #

Yeah I thought of that too. Though, besides the color, the dresses aren’t similar.

43. vicky February 25, 2013 at 02:36 #

Big NO! What’s happened to the devine miss Anne?
    This is so boring, bland, lackluster… Biggest let down of the evening.

44. EW February 25, 2013 at 02:34 #

She said that she only chose the dress 3 hours ago and apparently she was supposed to wear Valentino. Maybe there’s a story there because this look is disappointing.

45. Nat39 February 25, 2013 at 02:34 #

I think it´s a lovely soft look for Anne but I expect a lot more from her, she can do so much more than that. I wanted to see her bring some major Oscar-worthy drama, she is not using her potential unfortunately.

• Marina February 26, 2013 at 18:14 #

46. gurlygurl February 25, 2013 at 02:33 #

Although this is a classic cut it packs no punch and is just too flat for an event of this calibre. I’m very disappointed. I love the idea of the necklace draping down the back but not in this case, it just does not work with this cut of dress. Overall the whole look seems very amatuer for someone who has done this before 🙁

47. Elise February 25, 2013 at 02:30 #

Again, the color is a NO. That gown needs a bold color. The necklace should be out.

48. Nat February 25, 2013 at 02:30 #

I saw many stills and video of her on the red carpet. All I can think about is…nipples.

• gurlygurl February 25, 2013 at 02:34 #

awkward darting! :/

• S-R February 25, 2013 at 16:27 #

+1.

49. moja31 February 25, 2013 at 02:29 #

This just screamed 90s prom dress. Seriously underwhelming, on my worst dressed list. Can’t believe this is what she chose to win her Oscar in.

• snowlion February 25, 2013 at 02:36 #

I agree with the 90’s reference. The necklace looks wrong with the back and nipples, all I see is nipples (whether it is just darts or not, that’s what it looks like). Such a shame, when we know she an do so much better.

• honeythief February 25, 2013 at 15:42 #

Reminds me of Gwyneth’s 1999 Oscar prom dress – maybe she thought it would give her luck? Definitely not her best look.

• Nathalie19 February 25, 2013 at 19:38 #

Exactly

One of the worst looks this year and maybe even ever 🙁

50. kennedy February 25, 2013 at 02:28 #

This is honestly one of the worst looks of the night, and one of her all time worst looks. The dress is so wrong and the neckline placement is just baffling. Nothing about this look bodes well. I mean, she knows she is going to win (even though Amy Adams deserves the Oscar), so why not pick something worthy of a win? I thought she was wearing Valentino… but Prada is a no on this occasion.