Alexa Chung In Chanel – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

Alexa Chung In Chanel - amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

Alexa Chung joined Sarah Jessica Parker on the red carpet at Cipriani Wall Street for the amfAR New York Gala to kick off Fall 2013 Fashion Week.

The British TV host donned a head-to-toe girlie Chanel Spring 2013 look.

I find myself, much to my surprise, loving her black-and-white tweed dress, which is accented with pearls.

This is the right amount of girliness for Alexa without being too sickly sweet.

She styled her look with a Chanel shoulder bag and the same black toe-cap PVC pumps which took to the runway with her dress.

Simple, flawless makeup and an even simpler low, purposely messy ponytail completed her look.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Eddie Redmayne In Topman - 'Les Miserables' Paris Premiere

Eddie Redmayne In Topman – ‘Les Miserables’ Paris Premiere

Rosamund Pike In Christopher Kane - PANTA RHEI Private Viewing

Rosamund Pike In Christopher Kane – PANTA RHEI Private Viewing

22 Responses to Alexa Chung In Chanel – amfAR New York Gala To Kick Off Fall 2013 Fashion Week

1. Rashmi February 7, 2013 at 12:16 #

Its the hair !!! Even thought its still not properly brushed, it is different and the attention is rested on her dress.
    The look is very pretty, I like!

2. AnnaP February 7, 2013 at 13:17 #

I find it difficult to concentrate on the dress because I can’t get past how thin and unwell she looks.

3. Rebecca Z February 7, 2013 at 13:39 #

She looks like a little girl on her way to the beach. Not event appropriate in my opinion. UGH

4. Ysatis February 7, 2013 at 14:00 #

Her feet are larger than her calves, than her knees and probably her thighs too. I find her quite tragic and isn’t she a bit of a has been now?

Can’t comment about the dress because I am too shocked by her legs.

• Nathalie19 February 10, 2013 at 13:00 #

Totally agree! Super distracted my the legs. But, anyway, i’m not a fan of her at all. Don’t understand what others see in her.

• Haddy April 15, 2013 at 18:53 #

Finally! Completely agree with you. Everybody’s so fascinated by her style, which is horrible, in my opinion, ’cause she always looks very weird and her choices are not good at all. Although I love her personality.

5. EmmaWoodhouse February 7, 2013 at 14:08 #

This is the kind of Alexa look that drives me positively bonkers. The oddly flat and unflattering shoes, a shapeless black and white dress that does her no favors, careless hair, a shoulder bag and a deer-in-the-headlights expression.

6. Zissou February 7, 2013 at 14:51 #

I still have a crush on her, so clearly she gets a thumbs-up for this.

7. Christine February 7, 2013 at 15:12 #

She is way to skinny that looking at her hurts.

I am too distracted by her frailness.

Also, not liking the styling and she is not pulling this look off.

• Yeliz February 7, 2013 at 20:08 #

I agree on all points.

• effieee February 8, 2013 at 03:39 #

Agreed.
      She’s thinner than the model. Now that’s saying something.

• Chaufforest February 8, 2013 at 12:43 #

8. Ericka February 7, 2013 at 15:18 #

Not a fan usually, but this is the first head to toe look on her that I really like. Well done.

9. Moxie February 7, 2013 at 15:45 #

Much too young for her.

10. arang February 7, 2013 at 16:50 #

I usually love her style but I find this oddly sad sack. She looks too thin (eat a cookie?!) and the shape does nothing for her figure. It’s a cute dress, though.

11. Marybeth February 7, 2013 at 16:55 #

I think it’s an adorable dress, especially for a teenager.
    The problem here is that it doesn’t flatter her. Few women (even RC celebrities) have a perfect figure, so most of us have to learn to accentuate the positive and hide/downplay the negative.
    This dress style draws far too much attention to Alexa’s worst feature, her very skinny legs.
    That makes it a thumbs-down for me, although I really like how she looks from the waist up.

• Kathy February 7, 2013 at 18:34 #

Alexa’s not a teenager though…she’s actually in her late 20s.

12. dee February 7, 2013 at 16:57 #

I am distracted by her size. Don’t really like this.

13. Nat39 February 7, 2013 at 18:41 #

I´ve said it before, she has no idea (or doesn´t want to) how to dress for her age and body. This isn´t working with her physique.

14. Jeremy February 7, 2013 at 23:16 #

I agree with most of the other posters here. The very first thing I noticed when I looked at the pics was how completely unarguably emaciated she looks. There’s just no way that anybody can tell me that it’s “natural”. She’s unhealthy. I can’t get past it to see the clothes. My heart goes out to her. I hope she has people around her who will give her love and support if she chooses to get help.

• Cindy February 8, 2013 at 04:43 #

I couldn’t agree more. Well said.

15. Jess2 February 8, 2013 at 10:14 #

I love this look but I don’t think it is event appropriate. It is the amfAR gala after all! I don’t expect her to wear a fancy gown like the others as it isn’t Alexa’s style but I find this far too casual.