Kate Mara In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘House Of Cards’ New York Premiere

Kate Mara In Dolce & Gabbana - 'House Of Cards' New York

From D.C. to New York, Kate Mara continued to promote her new TV series, ‘House Of Cards’, by attending the premiere held at Alice Tully Hall in New York City yesterday evening.

On this occasion, she wore a Dolce & Gabbana frock.

The metallic-silver three-quarter-length-sleeved dress is lightly embellished, plus it features white frilled details on the hem, neckline and cuffs.

My first reaction was that I dislike the feature, but on reflection the dress would’ve looked like a typical bog-standard Dolce & Gabbana lace dress without it.

With her hair styled into her familiar lacquered bun, she completed her look with black satin Brian Atwood ‘Aida’ sandals and a sleek clutch.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Nieves Alvarez In David Delfin & Gucci - Solo Moda

Nieves Alvarez In David Delfin & Gucci – Solo Moda

Video: Behind-The-Scenes Look At The Rihanna For River Island Collection

Video: Behind-The-Scenes Look At The Rihanna For River Island Collection

16 Responses to Kate Mara In Dolce & Gabbana – ‘House Of Cards’ New York Premiere

1. Rashmi January 31, 2013 at 13:31 #

At first glance, it was too shimmery to my liking! But the look is growing on me, since the rest of her look is so sleek and finished.

PS: All her recent appearances , we have seen her in the same hairdo, I would really want her to see her in loose curls and a smile :)

• Christine January 31, 2013 at 15:02 #

That would be nice. I dislike the frou frou collar but other than that she looks pretty and polished.

2. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang January 31, 2013 at 13:44 #

3. Christopher Teoh Jing Xiang January 31, 2013 at 13:44 #

Simply fabulous!! Kate Mara steals the show from underdressed Robin Wright in this Dolce & Gabbana sequinned lace dress with 3-quarter sleeves!! Gotta love her understated makeup and go with chic bun and simple black heels to let her dress stand out!! Kate looks stunning and fabulous!! Gorgeous, every bit the tough-nosed reporter in House of Cards!! Robin Wright, take note from Kate Mara!!

4. Anne January 31, 2013 at 13:54 #

Her red carpet looks have a sameness to them. This boring retreaded ‘do and her same somewhat blank expression make for ho-hum moments. She does wear some lovely dresses (this one is pretty), but the overall look is sort of stale. I often feel similar when I see her sister on the rc, too.

5. Sammy C January 31, 2013 at 14:22 #

Ive really, really liked Kate Mara´s last three looks, this one included. I have a feeling this is not going to be a very popular suggestion, but I think she is a worthy contestant of the BDOTW list… At least I can say that seeing this, I would rate it higher than my last few choices for the GG Top 10. But never higher than Cate Blanchet in Armani Privee… Dear God!

• Lara January 31, 2013 at 16:47 #

I am in full agreement. She is lovely, and lately has been taking just enough of a risk to keep things interesting.

6. Neli January 31, 2013 at 16:05 #

same hair blah

7. Yeliz January 31, 2013 at 17:10 #

I really like this, but I prefer her D.C. look to this one.

8. Nat39 January 31, 2013 at 17:28 #

The hair is too severe, the shoe choice could’ve been better, and she manages to look so dull and matronly in this sparkly dress, she isn’t selling it to me.

9. Joy January 31, 2013 at 19:31 #

Only a so-so dress, but thank god she chose to line it so we don’t have to see her underwear. Now give us a big smile Kate!

10. Moxie January 31, 2013 at 19:35 #

Sheer and matronly at the same time. What a combination.

11. arang January 31, 2013 at 21:27 #

Yes to the sheer and matronly! Shouldn’t be so, but there it is. Maybe this is just not her dress? I much prefer her Peter Som look.

12. TeaAtTwo January 31, 2013 at 22:40 #

It’s not a wow moment but she looks nice enough. Her hair might be the same but I slick and simple was a good choice for this occasion.

13. kane February 1, 2013 at 00:02 #

I kinda like the dress, but the hair is meh and while I get the feeling the pose and expression are supposed to be robot-y to reflect the silver colour, it’s not really working on me.

14. goldfish February 3, 2013 at 20:14 #

love her hairdo, she is such a beautiful lady