Marion Cotillard In Prabal Gurung – W Magazine Celebrate The Golden Globes

Marion Cotillard In Prabal Gurung - W Magazine Celebrate The Golden Globes

Marion Cotillard continued to prove that she’s not a one-trick pony when she took the red carpet at the Chateau Marmont in California last night, for W Magazine’s celebration of the Golden Globes.

Suiting up in a Prabal Gurung Pre-Fall 2013 look, the French actress donned a graphic black-and-white blouse with lily-print tapered tuxedo pants and a sleek black tuxedo jacket.

Opting not to wear the Casadei pumps as styled in the look book, Marion selected simple black pumps.

When I look at this I ask myself, “What would Karolina Kurkova do?”

She would’ve slicked back her hair, given us more attitude and opted for a sexier shoe.

Those three things are missing from Marion’s look for me.

So far Prabal Gurung’s Pre-Fall 2013 collection is the most successful with celebs as three looks have hit the red carpet in three days.

Credit: Style.com & Getty

Roland Mouret’s Colours & Fabrics For My Oscars Gown – VOTE NOW

Roland Mouret’s Colours & Fabrics For My Oscars Gown – VOTE NOW

W Magazine Celebrate The Golden Globes Red Carpet Round Up

W Magazine Celebrate The Golden Globes Red Carpet Round Up

20 Responses to Marion Cotillard In Prabal Gurung – W Magazine Celebrate The Golden Globes

1. EmmaWoodhouse January 12, 2013 at 14:35 #

As I’m not a fan of printed pants, it takes a lot of panache to make me like it. Marion looks cute, but a little meek for this outfit. Definitely a high ponytail or sleek bun was needed…also, a better shoe, just as you said. I have to say though–it’s funny, I don’t usually like hands-in-pockets. Yet somehow, when Marion does it is looks so French. Just me? :D

2. javier January 12, 2013 at 14:38 #

I kinda like this look, she isn’t working it like Karolina would do, but I like seeing variety from her.

• Yeliz January 12, 2013 at 15:27 #

Me too. Karolina definitely would wear this better, but Marion does look great here. My only complaint are the pants, which kinda look a size too big on her.

• roxy January 12, 2013 at 16:05 #

I like how she is wearing it. It’s not as obvious as slicking the hair back in a bun and wearing lust worthy sandals-she’s more understated and relaxed but the pants and blazer are too baggy

• Christine January 13, 2013 at 01:28 #

I agree. Karolina would;ve rocked the hotness out of this look. But glad to see her wearing anything but Dior.

3. Rafael January 12, 2013 at 15:00 #

OMG I’m so happy that Marion is not wearing Dior!!! I love it, it’s so refreshing. I hope she keep things interesting this award season.

4. noo January 12, 2013 at 15:14 #

no complaints from me, this is a step in the right direction!

5. Jess2 January 12, 2013 at 16:28 #

I absolutely adored this collection so I’m glad to see it getting a lot of RC time! I agree about the WWKKD approach. Almost, but it quite for Marion but this is still a good look. I hope she continues this way!

6. taksi January 12, 2013 at 17:09 #

I’m glad she didn’t try to sex it up. It feels more fresh and youthful that way.

7. jeremyrain January 12, 2013 at 17:16 #

She should has chosen skinnier pants. I don’t think she has the height to carry this look. Or like you say, fiercer shoes.

8. shap_half January 12, 2013 at 17:37 #

As gorgeous as Marion is, she’s managed to rob this outfit of whatever style it’s supposed to have. Maybe it’s because the proportions aren’t quite as striking on her?

9. Marybeth January 12, 2013 at 17:41 #

Sorry. I’m not crazy about this on the model and think it’s ill-fitted and extremely unflattering on Marion. The styling only makes the outfit worse.
    This is a major fail for me.

• Aline January 12, 2013 at 19:35 #

Plus, she should have done something better with her hair.

10. manolo January 12, 2013 at 20:20 #

just bad

11. justme January 12, 2013 at 20:41 #

The outfit looks a bit baggy on Marion. And her pose isn’t helping.

12. Dhppy January 12, 2013 at 20:42 #

I think the pants are too loose. A skinnier leg would work wonders.

13. rita January 12, 2013 at 22:59 #

I had to look twice to be sure it was Marion Cotillard :-s Don’t like it at all!

14. Ericka January 12, 2013 at 23:49 #

I love this look. I agree a better defined hairstyle might have been nice but the simpler shoe choice resonates with me as this is a lot of look already. I am thrilled it’s not Dior frankly.

15. TeaAtTwo January 13, 2013 at 03:32 #

The fit of the pants and the tapering at the ankle are what put me off this look. The shoes are snore but I do like her make up. Her critic choice bun might have worked again.

16. Tea January 13, 2013 at 09:34 #

I love this look on Marion! So refreshing! And I like that she went for a more relaxed hairstyle – I feel she made it more her own – and I like the contrast of a softer, feminine hairstyle with a suit.