24.12.12 Best Of

Best Dressed Male 2012 – Eddie Redmayne

Eddie Redmayne was your golden boy taking home the Best Dressed Male for 2012.

While Andrew Garfield and Rob Pattinson may feel somewhat robbed for their ‘Spiderman’ and ‘Twilight’ promo tour efforts, the British actor with a penchant for Burberry slim-fitted suits and striking a pose which sees him lean to the left won your hearts – even with that sexy face which irked some of you.

Supporting other British labels such as Alexander McQueen, we loved Eddie for his boyish charm, his love for colourful, season appropriate suits and the gallant way he kept the rain at bay from a Alexander McQueen strapless gown-clad Amanda Seyfried.

Good looks, charm, snappy dress sense, great arm candy….he’s definitely one to take home to meet the parents.

Credit: FameFlynet & Getty

Topshop Sale

Topshop Sale

Most Consistent 2012 & Film Festival Queen 2012 - Diane Kruger

Most Consistent 2012 & Film Festival Queen 2012 – Diane Kruger

14 Responses to Best Dressed Male 2012 – Eddie Redmayne

1. Alina December 24, 2012 at 15:44 #

Andrew Garfield is my winner.

• Yeliz December 24, 2012 at 16:19 #

Mine too.

• Rashmi December 24, 2012 at 18:41 #

Mine too! Disappointed that he didn’t make it to the top :(

2. Olivia December 24, 2012 at 15:44 #

he’s just like… wow on that McQueen suit. I just can’t help loving him
    Happy Christmas from Spain, FC! xx

3. Christine December 24, 2012 at 15:51 #

Voted for Andrew as my #1 and Eddie my runner up. I cannot deny how good he looks in Alexander McQueen.

4. pipsqueak December 24, 2012 at 15:52 #

Eddie!!! I’m screaming here. Finally, well-deserved recognition. Please, Eddie, show us your comedy chops someday. Tom Hardy did it. We’ll see you more on the red carpet.

5. zineb December 24, 2012 at 16:01 #

Awesome because almost all the people I voted for won! yay! Glad to agree with you readers!

6. justme December 24, 2012 at 18:01 #

I voted for him thanks to his blue Alexander McQueen suit. That look was just perfection.

I do have to admit that Eddie didn’t impress me the way Ryan Gosling did last year.

But I have a feeling 2013 is going to be a good year for male fashion so I’m excited xD

• Valeria December 25, 2012 at 06:08 #

Agree totally, NOBODY came even close to Ryan Gosling! I voted for quirky looks of Will Farell. That’s just too much of a sexy face for me from this young man

• Fashion Critic December 25, 2012 at 08:42 #

Ryan only had one red carpet appearance the whole year

7. Nourhan December 24, 2012 at 18:47 #

This is so not fair :( Eddie had only 3 or 4 looks this year. My vote went to Andrew Garfield. He had so many great red carpet and street looks from Balenciaga to Alexander McQueen. What a shame :(

8. Nat39 December 24, 2012 at 19:27 #

Eddie gets my ‘Most Memorable Menswear look of the year’ for his ink-blue Alexander McQueen.

Andrew Garfield’s style was a bit more distinctive in general.

Robert Pattinson did just an alright job, and I do not consider him a contender.

And while boys are getting all the spotlight, my Man of the Year is Gerard Butler – most consistent, perfectly polished and put-together, not to mention the irresistible mature manly charm.

9. Ella December 25, 2012 at 08:24 #

Eh. I was hoping for Andrew Garfield….but we will have to see what the future holds in 2013

10. EmmaWoodhouse December 25, 2012 at 14:57 #

Andrew and Eddie were tied for me :)