03.12.12

Kristen Stewart attended the Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences Governors Awards in LA on Saturday evening looking surprisingly polished.

You were very disappointed by her last look, but on this occasion she wore a sophisticated Talbot Runhof Spring 2012 black-and-white dress with a lace bodice

This more mature silhouette by the German-based label, perhaps signals greater changes ahead for the 22-year-old ingénue.

Tousled waves, smoky eyes and a pink lip colour completed her look.

Do you like this much improved look?

Credit: Getty

Katie Holmes In Marchesa - 2014 Met Gala

Katie Holmes In Marchesa – 2014 Met Gala

Cheryl Cole In 3.1 Phillip Lim – Cheryl Cole’s 'My Story' Book Signing

Cheryl Cole In 3.1 Phillip Lim – Cheryl Cole’s ‘My Story’ Book Signing

34 Responses to Kristen Stewart In Talbot Runhof – Academy of Motion Pictures Arts and Sciences’ 4th Annual Governors Awards

1. Lolo December 3, 2012 at 10:20 #

In love will the look..might be better than all her Twi-promo
    Would love it if she changed her hair style..like Cosmoplolis cannes premiere

• whatilikeaboutkstew December 3, 2012 at 10:32 #

yeah , I agree with you. I always love her outfits (as far as I’m a KStew fan) but, I don’t like her hair . I definitely think she should color her hair in black.

• Jess2 December 3, 2012 at 13:32 #

Completely agree about the hair!

2. Anna December 3, 2012 at 10:36 #

I wish I could post a picture of Tard, the Grumpy cay, to emphasize my “NO”.

• jones19 December 3, 2012 at 18:06 #

LAWL

3. Francesca December 3, 2012 at 10:36 #

It’s better than the previous one, but I don’t like it at all. The dress might be interesting, but that hair ruins the look for me. And the make up is too heavy

4. Anna December 3, 2012 at 10:37 #

*CAT, obviously, not cay.

5. Liz December 3, 2012 at 10:37 #

Not a good look. The dress doesn’t work for a couple of reasons: it doesn’t work with her body type and it also just isn’t a dress that fits her “style personality.” This dress would be gorgeous on someone like Claire Danes. Kristen doesn’t have the femininity or maturity for a gown like this. It’s clearly wearing her and she knows it, which is why she looks so uncomfortable…or maybe she’s just upset that it’s not see-through lace, too tight, or really short.

• Stella December 3, 2012 at 11:24 #

+1 make up, hair, shoes : FAIL I agree this dress in too much for her age and body type.

• mia December 3, 2012 at 11:55 #

agreed. I feel this dress ages her too much. Kristen can make full length dresses work for her – and we’ve seen it done before. but there is too much black here, with those horrible shoes, and that lace is not sexy. It’s grandma-ish and too conservative for Kristen.

• dee December 3, 2012 at 14:08 #

I agree, this dress isn’t right for Kristen.

• Nat39 December 3, 2012 at 21:09 #

She can’t carry it off, the gown is way too mature for her.

6. Betelgeuze December 3, 2012 at 10:40 #

The gown just gets a pass from me, as I personally don’t really like it (zigzag lace on lace?). What catched my eye in a bad way is the striking contrast between her typical smokey eye and that girly pink blush and lips. Overall, nothing horrendous, but she had better looks IMO.

• noo December 3, 2012 at 12:16 #

i agree with everything!

• Jess2 December 3, 2012 at 13:34 #

I wasn’t sure what was preventing me from really liking this look but you nailed it on the head re the makeup. The contrast is too stark. Just a pass from me as well.

7. rita December 3, 2012 at 10:41 #

Hate her hair with PASSION! It ruins most of her outfits, she should REALLY do something about it…

8. Chloe December 3, 2012 at 11:24 #

Absolutely hate it. It’s not young and definitely not sexy (which I think she was going for). Hate it

9. silkpathdiary December 3, 2012 at 11:27 #

I agree this whole look is not her style so assume the ‘powers that be’ put her in these ‘other’ outfits which is a shame. I do love the top lace and instead of the skirt, she should have worn black skinny cigarette pants which would have been more true to her style, event appropriate (formal) and still retain the original look in a more youthful way.

10. Yeliz December 3, 2012 at 11:32 #

Would have loved an updo with this gorgeous dress, but I still think it’s much improved than her last look and the shoes are ok with this look.

11. k. December 3, 2012 at 11:33 #

I like it. It’s simple and elegant. I love her hair colour, but I wish she would have styled them up.

12. A. December 3, 2012 at 12:12 #

I just LOVE it!!!

13. Mandy December 3, 2012 at 12:18 #

It’s an improvement on her last appearance and event appropriate, it’s just a tad to boring for me. I really want her in something colourful.

14. CTgirl December 3, 2012 at 13:14 #

So very tired of the hair! She needs to realize that constantly sweeping her hair to one side can be pageant or drag queen. She also needs to cut about 5 inches off the length.

The dress isn’t flattering on her boyish body type. The makeup is OK but not great.

15. Rebecca Z December 3, 2012 at 15:25 #

If I had beautiful hair like hers I would shoe it off too. I much prefer her hair in this chestnut color over the black dye which is too harsh for her complexion in my opinion. This dress is a bit of a snooze, but the woman is absolutely beautiful. Her makeup is impeccable.

• Rebecca Z December 3, 2012 at 15:26 #

Oops–that should be show it off

• admmgz December 3, 2012 at 17:42 #

I agree on all counts

16. Odette December 3, 2012 at 15:51 #

I don’t like this as I don’t think it suits her personality.

I like that she trying something new (pure chic) but it doesn’t work for her, despite the black.

17. Christine December 3, 2012 at 15:56 #

Not bad not that great. Decent and much better than her last look.

18. Moxie December 3, 2012 at 16:10 #

It is an improvement over some of her previous looks, but I wish she would do something different with her hair.

19. Amy December 3, 2012 at 16:21 #

i like it. it’s simple and elegant

20. AitchCS December 3, 2012 at 17:10 #

Well no one here ever likes Kristen Stewart anyway, it is pretty obvious you posters will NEVER approve of her “look” or would certainly NEVER admit it! LOL

This dress has exquisite pearl detailing which can’t be seen well unless it is an extreme close up. This call to mind the limitation with fashion websites and Style sections on line, and RC photography. 2d photography can’t express the 3d reality- of clothing design. And when there is beading or other detailed work, this can only be appreciated in person.

21. Susan December 3, 2012 at 18:50 #

absolutely beautiful. I wouldn’t change a thing.

22. EmmaWoodhouse December 3, 2012 at 22:50 #

What a beautiful dress! My favorite from her ever, I think. I do wish she had gone with an updo, to show off the bodice, but still it’s her most sophisticated look in recent memory–no overly revealing slits or sheer sections, just an elegant glamorous look. Makeup is flawless.

23. Pene December 5, 2012 at 06:25 #

havent i seen her in the same top before