26.09.12

Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2013

Stefano Gabbana and Domenico Dolce were once again inspired by their Sicilian roots to create a colourful Spring 2013 collection for Dolce & Gabbana.

We saw luxe beach holiday attire including colourful striped dresses, crop tops, short suits, bloomers, and folk appliqués reminiscent of Sicily’s vibrant street markets.

But it wasn’t all about having fun beside the seaside; there were many red-carpet-worthy looks too.

There were fitted printed dresses, signature bustier dresses with exotic prints, peasant dresses, basketweave skirts, sheer long-sleeve dresses, chic blouses, high-waisted skirts and black lace dresses with Monica Belluci’s name written all over them.

We often say the stars like Diane Kruger and Zoe Saldana would look great in a sack; well, they will be able to put that theory to the test by donning the burlap sack dresses presented in this collection.

Wicker corsets and dresses closed the show. These theatrical, show-stopping pieces I can see being worn by the likes of Fergie and Katy Perry.

The models sported a printed headscarf, and each look was styled with a festive accessory from oversized beaded earrings, colourful wedges, beaded pointy flats, embellished totes, striped totes, oversized waist belts with colourful fringing and updated Miss Sicily bags.

Front Row: Bianca Balti, Bianca Brandolini d’ Adda, Laetitia Casta, Anna Dello Russo and Livia Firth

Favourites: Floral blouse with brocade high-waisted skirt and printed dress with lace

Who I See Wearing This Collection: Katy Perry, Diane Kruger, Zoe Saldana, Bianca Balti, Bianca Brandolini d’ Adda, Monica Belluci, Laetitia Casta, Anna Dello Russo, Fergie, Kylie Minogue and Lady Gaga

Credit: Style.com

Lady Gaga In Comme Des Garçons - Park Hyatt Paris Vendome Hotel

Lady Gaga In Comme Des Garçons – Park Hyatt Paris Vendome Hotel

Nieves Alvarez In Loewe, Burberry Prorsum & Elie Saab - Solo Moda

Nieves Alvarez In Loewe, Burberry Prorsum & Elie Saab – Solo Moda

15 Responses to Dolce & Gabbana Spring 2013

1. pepe September 26, 2012 at 14:05 #

oh jesus , what i can say about that mess, we know they are from Sicily , and they loved to show it , but really a potatoes sack? stripes with those prints and a dress basket, one of the worst D&G fashion shows ever.

2. Beta September 26, 2012 at 14:07 #

I love of D&G that they go back to their italian roots. Some of the pieces of this collection are to die for, the accessories included. But some of the prints are difficult to digest. I find innapropiate (or at least I wouldn’t wear them) the ones with images from the Conquest epoch and that have faces on the prints.

3. CTgirl September 26, 2012 at 14:50 #

The dress with the sunburst over the model’s lulu and the vegetable sack dress are beyond tacky.

4. Noemi September 26, 2012 at 15:04 #

First of all, only D. Dolce is Sicilian, S. Gabbana is from Milan, but I think he would like to be Sicilian… Said that, there’re some beautiful pieces, like the striped white and blue dress, but many pieces are so folkloristic, really. This something i really don’t like about them, even the current campaign is too folkloristic, that’s not Italy!!!

5. Yeliz September 26, 2012 at 17:27 #

Spend a fortune on a patato sack just because it’s from Dolce&Gabbana? It’s like they are kidding. Seriously, I expected a much better collection because I really liked the previous SS12 and FW12 collections. There are a few nice pieces, but I’m still disappointed.

6. creed419 September 26, 2012 at 19:34 #

FC, what are your thoughts on the earrings worn by the models? I’m on the fence and can’t decide if I find them to be offensive or fashionable.

• Fashion Critic September 26, 2012 at 20:01 #

I think it is pointless getting worked up about these issues.

I am surprised people are dedicated a whole post on earrings with brown faces…I mean…

• Noemi September 26, 2012 at 21:27 #

I don’t know the issue about the earrings, but if you mean that they are racist, it’s a big misunderstanding, because they represent Arabian people, which dominated in Sicily in 1100 more or less. I give you a link, it’s in italian but you can see exactly the photos of some pieces of local art which represent them. http://www.blogsicilia.eu/teste-di-moro-sui-balconi-siciliani/

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2012 at 07:58 #

I think people like to jump on the race issue far to quickly without all the facts.

7. Ugh September 27, 2012 at 01:45 #

Those earrings are gross. At least there were a few Asian woman on that runway. Progress.

8. snowlion September 27, 2012 at 10:29 #

A potato sack…seriously? That black get up looks like a lamp shade, actually, is that a lamp shade frame for the skirt?

9. Andrea September 27, 2012 at 14:37 #

Wow, its really a potato sack!
    Hilarious, can´t wait to see someone actually wear it :)
    Who will it be? My guess is Anna dello Russo or lady Gaga.

• Fashion Critic September 27, 2012 at 14:40 #

Agreed

10. EmmaWoodhouse September 28, 2012 at 12:58 #

Whilst I appreciate whimsy, this collection goes into the costumey territory and does not work for me.

11. soniya February 11, 2013 at 11:14 #

God! that blue dress is soo gorgeous!